PDA

View Full Version : I'm off

nik_the_brief
06-04-2005, 08:09 PM
To Holland tomorrow - land of polders, dykes, tulips, iffy cafes, some miserable bint that was locked in an attic and ladies of negotiable virtue.

Sadly I'm taking the kids and the missus (and therefore the car - hence the regret) but we (missus and I) are planning to treat it as a bit of a recce for our second trip in July to see U2...

As for myself I'm still pondering a trip to Arnhem later in the year to croos the bridge on my Monnie...

Back Tuesday, see y'all... :burnout:

walkingpictures
06-04-2005, 08:17 PM
To Holland tomorrow - land of polders, dykes, tulips, iffy cafes, some miserable bint that was locked in an attic and ladies of negotiable virtue.

Sadly I'm taking the kids and the missus (and therefore the car - hence the regret) but we (missus and I) are planning to treat it as a bit of a recce for our second trip in July to see U2...

As for myself I'm still pondering a trip to Arnhem later in the year to croos the bridge on my Monnie...

Back Tuesday, see y'all... :burnout:

Grrrrrrrrr..jealous here..but enjoy it mate..as for Arnhem...took my Monnie across the bridge in 2003...kinda makes ya think............

Hope you get away from Amsterdam and enjoy the smaller cities...great country,great people..er..most of them...great food...great beer...bugger...wish I was going too.

Party on

Tot Ziens

Kimbo

Richard_S
06-04-2005, 08:18 PM
the power of now. nice touch. I have my day in the dock Tuesday so would appreciate a small parcel of brownies. Treat youself to most, just avoid copulation shroom combos. although she did stay with me for the week, bless her little rapturous socks :) show me the way home baby!

Phoenix
06-04-2005, 11:30 PM
Public transport over there puts ours to shame.

Didge
07-04-2005, 01:01 PM
:

Why go to Holland, we've got some perfectly lovely dykes of our own right here in the club. There maybe even one or two tulips (usually called Alice or Saxon), but you may have to look in a few closets for them.

spacemonkey
07-04-2005, 08:32 PM
Go to Rotterdam and up the Euromast....

martyns
07-04-2005, 09:30 PM
When you take the bike to Amsterdam, if it's two o'clock in the morning, raining hard and you're looking for your friends flat around "de pipe" area, make sure you keep your front wheel away from the tram tracks.

If you don't, you'll end up chewing dutch tarmac with the monster on top of you and the missus, then she'll be highly p*!$ed off and limping around all weekend with a twisted knee - and you'll need new brake levers and a mirror.

Richard_S
07-04-2005, 09:37 PM
i am a stickler for monogamy and always choose the flying rug option when visiting. could be worse, at least you were on holiday.

A Yerbury
07-04-2005, 10:05 PM
I have just been informed that I look like a cross between Ena Sharples and Rasputin?

Richard_S
08-04-2005, 09:55 AM
some people have all the luck, the way of the Ena is making a huge comeback on the chests of styled NY types.

the mad monk x

DesmoDog
08-04-2005, 09:59 AM
She really should remove that t-shirt.

Go anywhaere but Amsterdam, then you won't be hassled by burnt out hippies and second summer of love refugees asking you for "like a couple of euros to help me get home man". Delft is ok, Rotterdam is horrible, shame on you space.

spacemonkey
08-04-2005, 09:48 PM
Yes I know- I wasn't impressed by the whole damned country, but the Euromast is worth going up. Bloody good job I didn't mind heights back then as it was the tallest structure in Europe, with glass floors up the top...