PDA

View Full Version : Show Plates

Paranoid Dave
06-04-2005, 04:51 PM
I bought a new one today but I'm not happy with it, I cant send it back or complain as it is what I ordered, but though the plate is the same size as my last one the letters are much smaller. I want to fill the space rather than feeble characters on a big yellow space.

Can you buy that sticky Scotchlite reflective yellow sheeting, I could make my own then. Either that or can anyone suggest a place that does letters that fill the plate rather than crappy little ones that plod are looking out for. :mad:

I know small plate is still a small plate and naughty but the bigger the letters the less chance they'll stop ya :confused:
Heeeeelllllllpp

CraigMac
06-04-2005, 04:58 PM
There is a firm In Altrincham, Cheshire, IMPACT SIGNS. They make number plates. I dont have the number to hand, but they are very good and do lots of bike plates/ show plates
Im sure that they do mail order. I f I find the number, i'll put it up.

Regards
Craig.

JMo
06-04-2005, 05:21 PM
PD - my local bike shop (top fellas that they are) can make plates to any size, and what I do is go to my local signwriters and get the letters cut there (in what ever font/size you fancy - I just take them a print out of what I want - I think Ariel Bold works well), then get them to make up the plate with those - costs about £13 in total...

xxx

spm23
06-04-2005, 05:29 PM
Or you could try Fancyplates. I had some made for my car but you can make bike ones and also specify the size if the original is not to your liking.
http://www.fancyplates.com/index.html