PDA

View Full Version : tadar, less carbon on my bike

Scotty
06-04-2005, 10:25 AM
for all you carbon fibre haters
here are my cam covers painted over
although not perfect, you cant tell because of crap camera
http://www.ukmonster.co.uk/monster/attachment.php?attachmentid=5723&stc=1

just need the swingarm anodising blue now :)

DesmoDog
06-04-2005, 10:34 AM
Aye tis good, though why blue? I was thinking of replacing my smoked plastic ones for billet.

Scotty
06-04-2005, 11:04 AM
might have gone for yellow like but getting closer to the road all the dirt shows up more darker coulors are best for the likes of me who dont clean so often , or was hthe bike for that matter ;)

i was possibly thinking about painting the belly pan but that would have to go yellow

DesmoDog
06-04-2005, 11:18 AM
or the tank blue? Anyhoo - I think I've got the beastie up and running - is that offer of help with the clip on fitting still open?

Didge
06-04-2005, 02:39 PM
GOOD FOR YOU SCOTTY!!!!!
I take back what I've said about northerners, well as far as you're concerned anyway.
Carbon is tacky overpriced crap, (over-priced, over-rated & over here) and I much prefer anodised alloy, polished alloy or paint.

Didge
Founder of Carbon Haters Unite to Neutralize This Sh*te (C.H.U.N.T.S.)

Scotty
06-04-2005, 08:34 PM
or the tank blue? Anyhoo - I think I've got the beastie up and running - is that offer of help with the clip on fitting still open?

oh yes i love breaking other people bikes aswell as my own ;)
any time , i dont have much of a social life

pooh
06-04-2005, 11:52 PM
But where is your front mudguard or am I blind

Ian
PS dont really like BLUE but the thought is there

DesmoDog
07-04-2005, 01:01 PM
Scotty, sounds cool as long as you stay away from my chain ;-D Do you have a paddock stand?

Pooh,
Don't start him on about his front muddy. Do you know how much CF costs to replace?

Scotty
07-04-2005, 08:42 PM
yes have some of them cheap nast padock stands but they work

errm mudguard had a comming together with tyre
replaced from ebay for £50 ish so happy about that
but still need some brackets £10 from main dealer gits should be in tomorrow :)

Plum
07-04-2005, 08:53 PM
The covers look good mate. I am a CF freak but this has convinced me to paint mine rathe than carbon them.

Good stuff! Wot did you do it with?

L

A Yerbury
07-04-2005, 09:06 PM
get the bike painted blue dear boy, and possibly loose the tiger tiger effect, just a thought as they so on mensa application forms. it is a nice blue though.
Alice.

Paranoid Dave
07-04-2005, 09:39 PM
Respect is due, our monsters should be an expression of ourselves and a chance to be unique, if blue is what you want then good on ya'.

Personally I can't stand the blue and yellow but if thats what you want then good for you ;)

A Yerbury
07-04-2005, 09:45 PM
I cant stand it either and bollocks to the whateverfloats your boat line, g'waan scotty you sound like a smart chap! get the tank and cowl painted, 150? it's worth it...(IMO and no animals were harmed in the posting of this thread etc)

Scotty
07-04-2005, 10:19 PM
The covers look good mate. I am a CF freak but this has convinced me to paint mine rathe than carbon them.

Good stuff! Wot did you do it with?

L

helfrauds range of paint in a tin many choices but none of the ducati colours hence tank is a different yellow to the rest of the yellow (cant realy tell cos of crap camra)

maybe blue and orange would be better ?

A Yerbury
07-04-2005, 10:28 PM
yes it would although get it done properly, halfords is all well and good but it's an s4 not a boggy old jap!

DesmoDog
08-04-2005, 10:14 AM
Scotty, I know a good paint shop over near you. Nuthouse Customs in Throckley. Does shot blsting and powders too. Tell him karl sent you, it'll confuse the hell out him because he dosen't know me. His work's good though.

Listening to Rudy Ska at the minute, Specials and Clash jam at rock against racism some years hence. It's ****e.