PDA

View Full Version : 2002 SS750ie

miked
05-04-2005, 04:25 PM
Have a mate who has just bought one. Anyone any idea what aftermarket cans are available? Is it the same Sil/Termis etc. Anyone have any for sale?

MistaMonsta
05-04-2005, 06:50 PM
I had a 750SS (see post a few months back about gruesome bikes/crashes). I put Carbon Can Co cans on it - oval carbon, from the NEC bike show. Cost about £220 :) bit of a bargain, sounded fantastic. 750 takes same cans/link pipes as the 900.
The left can and link pipe were the only bits I managed to salvage after the fire so can't sell your mate a pair.

Ian

Zimbo
05-04-2005, 07:08 PM
There's plenty of choice for the SS range. DP / Remus is probably one of your best bets, keep an eye on Fleabay, they come up from time to time.
Otherwise Carbon Can Co are good, Micron make a set, as do most of the bigger aftermarket can suppliers.
Definately worth doing, my SS ism't the same on standard cans, feels like I've castrated the poor thing . . .

Fodder
06-04-2005, 01:54 AM
The 750 & the newer 800 SS have exactly the same link pipes and mountings, so either or will fit. There are loads of different cans to choose from. Cheap and booming ARTs for around £150-200 a set, not the best but well put together for the price, full on Termi's at the other end of the spectrum and at least a dozen manufacturers in between. Down to preference and budget really :cool: