PDA

View Full Version : Road Racing Exhaust

Taman
05-04-2005, 09:42 AM
Does anyone else use a road racing exhaust on a injected monster? Those little ones that pop out to the side, under the engine.

I've been using one on my 2001 900ie. Was having problems with carbon fouling on plugs after installing and was advised to change to DPR9EA-9s (ie. cooler plugs than the standard DPR8EA-9s that I was using). This didn't seem to change things much so got a power commander and had injection remapped (and DP airbox installed). Still seem to have fouling problems and starting to wonder whether I'm barking up the wrong tree and it's something else (maybe electrics?)

Suppose my question is whether anyone else is using the exhaust and whether they had to change any setup to get it working well?

Cheers!

NattyBoy
05-04-2005, 10:05 AM
Ades got one mate if you want to PM him (but he runs an M900). You might also want to PM Jmo as although its not a road racing one (its a bespoke system by zorstec) its pretty much the same and shes running it on an injected bike (620ie). Have you got the proper ducati performance 900ie ECU..if not and youd like run..ive got a brand new one for sale..

Cheers
Nat

dean
05-04-2005, 10:29 AM
manc skanks got one(750 but with carbs), it's my old one. he's about on the forum and i think he's done some stuff to it. might be worth giving him a shout.

Top exhausts IMO!

Taman
05-04-2005, 12:14 PM
Thanks - have shot them both PMs. Anyone else out there?

Dean, did you do anything special to your setup to get bike to go well after the change?

dean
05-04-2005, 12:24 PM
Thanks - have shot them both PMs. Anyone else out there?

Dean, did you do anything special to your setup to get bike to go well after the change?

I had the exhausts put on as well as flat slider carbs.The work was done by a firm called GR Ducati in Wimbledon. There was no special set up, although i think manc skank has had some mods to improve it since.