PDA

View Full Version : New Member in Cambs area

Chappers
04-04-2005, 11:18 AM
Please welcome Windchaser who is a friend of mine from Sawtry.

Charlene had a little go on her friends Monster a few weeks back and fell in love with it, so I went through the for sale section and PM'd everyone that had a 600, 620 or 750 for sale. Luckily Rich 1 hadn't sold his and replied to me instantly...the next day she only went and bloody bought it :bunny:

So as you can appreciate, she's itching to get out and about on her new toy, so any members in her area please be sure to drop her a line should you be out and about over the weekend.

I popped up and visited her yesterday (my first time out on my own Monster :eek: ) and I think I've already talked her into having the tail chop done :lol:

Yet again, welcome Charlene - this is a great club with great members...enjoy :bunny:

Northman1
04-04-2005, 01:03 PM
Welcome to the Monster Club! :-)

The Cambridgeshire section of the club is growing.

Windchaser is welcome on any rideout, my girlfriend also has a 620 and needs to build up some miles and confidence too, so we will have to organise a meet and a run soon.

Chappers
04-04-2005, 02:09 PM
Welcome to the Monster Club! :-)

The Cambridgeshire section of the club is growing.

Windchaser is welcome on any rideout, my girlfriend also has a 620 and needs to build up some miles and confidence too, so we will have to organise a meet and a run soon.

Watcha mate,

I'm up in Huntingdon every sunday to visit me mummy, so weather permitting I'll more and likely be on the bike from now on :)

So I'm cool for hooking up with you, Mrs Northman1, Windchaser and anyone else who will be around - just stick a thread up so I know when and where you're meeting.

Is Mrs Northman1 a member on here then?

OgriUK
04-04-2005, 04:59 PM
:) :) :) :) :)

Nonnie
04-04-2005, 05:11 PM
Welcome! Next county along from here so if you fancy a blast to the coast my way, give us a shout.

Red
04-04-2005, 07:06 PM
Thanks Mate ( Chappers) I'll make sure that I put some itching powder on your seat when u come visit this weekend!! :p

But thanks for the warm welcome from everyone :) Am in the same position as Mrs Northman 1

Neeed the miles under the saddle ..... Just gotta keep practising and they do say that practise makes perrrrfect! :burnout:

Northman1
07-04-2005, 12:28 PM
Not quite Mrs Northman1 ....... yet!! :-)

But yes she is a member of UKMOC - bunny620.

Will
08-04-2005, 12:18 AM
Watcha mate,

I'm up in Huntingdon every sunday to visit me mummy, so weather permitting I'll more and likely be on the bike from now on :)

So I'm cool for hooking up with you, Mrs Northman1, Windchaser and anyone else who will be around - just stick a thread up so I know when and where you're meeting.

Is Mrs Northman1 a member on here then?

Hi
I'm in the Huntingdon/St.Ives area - looking for local Monster owners also - would love to join in ride-outs.
Will

OgriUK
08-04-2005, 06:41 AM
we should all get back patches and form a fenland "chapter"... ;)
windchaser do you know tony creamer, me an him used to 'ate each other, get on well now though, bought him a pint last time i was in the bell.. :)

Northman1
08-04-2005, 08:55 AM
Ok. WHy don't we pick a Saturday, some time in the future, cross our fingers for some good weather and have a local meet up so we can all put faces to names etc. Might even have a gentle run out, nothing to exciting for the first meet. :-)

How is everyone fixed for ......... Saturday 23 April for a St George's Day meet ?

Chappers
08-04-2005, 02:20 PM
I know I'm not in the Cambs area but I could make Sat 23rd April but need to be back in Milton Keynes by 5:30pm to start my shift.

OgriUK
08-04-2005, 06:43 PM
bugger..im at a party/rideout with a mate from 200.mph. dahn sarf that weekend..:(..am about this weekend if anybody fancies a cuppa somewhere or summat

Cotswolds Rampage Anyone ? Saturday 23rd April 2005
« on: April 2, 2005, 12:11:29 AM »

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well, rampage might be too strong a term, depends on your point of reference

Ogri, KennethB, Nudgie and Mav can best describe what I mean......

Anyhoo... brief itinery, more closer to the date.

09:45 Meet @ Sainsburys in Newbury for a light brekkie and coffee.

10:30 Fuel & depart for a meandering & scenic (for pillions at least) route up into the Cotswolds.

Plenty of good quality ups, downs and sideways action for tourers and scratchers alike

Fuel & fags @ 80 miles out.

Lunch at 120 miles in a pleasant country pub, with reserved seating, food quality previously tested and approved by me, Ken & Cliff.

Red
08-04-2005, 09:00 PM
Would love to get together sometime but on the 23 rd i will already be half way walking round Rutland Water please dont ask me why. My husband said it would take all of 10 mins on bike let alone 6 hours walking it God I'm going to DIE!!

I dont know if Tuesday nights is any good for any one as I am also a member of Sawtry Bike Club they meet @ Greystones Pub @ 8 ish or if riding out they leave at 7
Unfortunately I dont go every week as also have kids and have to arrange for a family victim to baby sit so i try to save this for the good weather

But Yeah lets go for it

Will
08-04-2005, 09:33 PM
Would love to get together sometime but on the 23 rd i will already be half way walking round Rutland Water please dont ask me why. My husband said it would take all of 10 mins on bike let alone 6 hours walking it God I'm going to DIE!!

I dont know if Tuesday nights is any good for any one as I am also a member of Sawtry Bike Club they meet @ Greystones Pub @ 8 ish or if riding out they leave at 7
Unfortunately I dont go every week as also have kids and have to arrange for a family victim to baby sit so i try to save this for the good weather

But Yeah lets go for it

Might see you at the Sawtry meet on Tuesday - my mother lives in Sawtry - so might pop in too see her also. Currently running in my BMW R1200GS so might be on that instead of the Monster.

Will in St.Ives

Red
08-04-2005, 09:49 PM
:) No garentees but if i'm not there my hubby will definately be there 6'2 with moustache and answers to John and a few other names but i wouldn't try those
He bought me my monster so hes in my good books but i think if the right 900 or s4 came along he could be converted!

Northman1
13-04-2005, 12:56 PM
OK. Got some of your mobile numbers now, thanks.

How many people reading this can make a morning meet up at the McDonalds at Brampton Hut Roundabout/services, (just off the A1/A14 junction), on Sunday 24th April 09:30 - 10:30.

Might as well start to have a regular get-together.

Will
14-04-2005, 09:33 PM
OK. Got some of your mobile numbers now, thanks.

How many people reading this can make a morning meet up at the McDonalds at Brampton Hut Roundabout/services, (just off the A1/A14 junction), on Sunday 24th April 09:30 - 10:30.

Might as well start to have a regular get-together.

I should be able to make it on the 24th.

Will

Chappers
15-04-2005, 09:53 AM
Lets use the thread Northman1 started up other day, otherwise it'll get confusing with the same being discussed on 2 different threads :rolleyes: :)

http://www.ukmonster.co.uk/monster/showthread.php?t=11810

Hope to see you all soon
H :p