PDA

View Full Version : Italian Night at the Ace Thursday 14th April

benson
03-04-2005, 10:14 PM
Just thought I'd mention this - if the weather's reasonable I'll be hading that way, probably straight from work in central London b!*tif anyone else wants to go let me know!!!
Ra!*hel

Runningman
04-04-2005, 04:30 PM
I'm letting you know...I shall be there.
C'mon everybody, it's about time we turned up in force at the Ace's Italian night.

Runningman
04-04-2005, 04:31 PM
btw...what's with the ***?

benson
04-04-2005, 04:32 PM
God knows - it looks fine when I type it on but then when it gets onto the screen all sorts of weird deletions keep happening!!! :confused:

benson
04-04-2005, 04:33 PM
Parhaps this is what is referred to as a ghost in the machine - not something that bodes well for a computer twit such as moi - my technical knowledge doesn't exist, i.e. take that empty PM I sent without the picture !!!! :eek:

benson
04-04-2005, 04:34 PM
actually I did try to send the photo but the file was too big - I still cant work out how to make it smaller so I can send it!!! :confused:

Runningman
04-04-2005, 04:43 PM
actually I did try to send the photo but the file was too big - I still cant work out how to make it smaller so I can send it!!! :confused:

Don't worry, I haven't quite figured out how to attach a pic to a PM either. I have a nice shot of you at the Mucky Duck or wherever it was on Easter Sunday.

Any 4 year olds logged on?

slob
04-04-2005, 05:05 PM
I couldn't see how to attach a pic to a PM either.
Sadly my bike will be away for servicing all next week, and I'm in Africa the month after, however I'll gladly show up for any other London action between 17/04 and 03/05

Radar_UK
04-04-2005, 06:39 PM
As long as work permits Queen_Gpants and I will be there. :)

rjc
04-04-2005, 09:04 PM
I aim to be there.

benson
05-04-2005, 10:04 AM
:D Seems there is an Italian Day on 8th May (that is if I can read a timetable right and we all know that that might NOT be a correct assumption... :confused: ) at the Ace - this is the same day as the Protwins open day off the sunny M25 J6 near Godstone I beleive - see JMo's post in the London and Essex regions - might make a "Grand Day Out" - now where's Grommet??? :p

SteveSki
05-04-2005, 10:55 AM
I will try my best to come but i'm off to Slovakia on the Friday so it may be just to say hey.....

benson
05-04-2005, 10:57 AM
The monster sped up to the Ace where bemused onlookers were treated to one word only - "Hey" and then he was gone, in a roar and a scream, off to Slovakia.... :cool:

We won't be needing to buy you a drink then!! Hope you're OK mate - long time no see!!! :o

SteveSki
05-04-2005, 11:03 AM
Ha ha ha, how did I know I was going to be picked on!! and no less than Madame Benson herself!!

Hey R, glad to see you back and biking!
Hope everything is ok with your end......

Well it's more of a case that the TAX is run out, Mot is close and insurance is up at the end of the month :rolleyes:

As long as the weather is out and the impressionable ladies in skirts are there ( :twisted: ) I will be poodling up..... :D

benson
05-04-2005, 01:42 PM
Glad to hear you're OK and mobile! :cool:

Cancun huh - what a great place - a long time ago I went there one spring break as a student - very happy memories :twisted:

Hopefully see you next week - take care,
R
:bunny:

Chappers
05-04-2005, 02:44 PM
He will try and make this :)

Runningman
05-04-2005, 04:29 PM
He will try and make this :)

Chappers
You are turning into the forum's very own Alistair Campbell. Tell Steve to ride down to the nearest internet cafe, put two quid over the counter, and log on!

I'm missing him.

Ps Always good to hear from you though.

gary tompkins
05-04-2005, 06:37 PM
Work and weather permitting I hope to make it on Thursday :burnout:

What time are most of you aiming to get there?

benson
06-04-2005, 10:42 AM
Hope to be there by 7 at the latest work permitting - I'm on jury service at the moment os will depend on that...

gary tompkins
06-04-2005, 08:47 PM
Seven!!! I'll be lucky to get in from work much before that. By the time I've scoffed me tea and ridden from Dartford to the Ace, I doubt I'll get there much before 8.30 TBH.

Hope some of you plan on still being at the Ace later than that?

benson
06-04-2005, 09:44 PM
No worries - I'll be lucky to be there by 7 now too as I have just been sent home from court and back to work :( so guess I'll be there more like the time you will!!!!!

Just hoping to be there in the daylight really to take in the bikes! :burnout:

Runningman
07-04-2005, 08:11 AM
I know these things are tricky to organise, but it would be nice for us all meet a mile or two away from the Ace and ride in en masse, sort of like the magnificent seven.

What about the bottom of the M1 at 7.00PM?

gary tompkins
07-04-2005, 12:43 PM
Runningman,

Like I said I'll be lucky to get in from work by 7.00pm, so you can count me out. Will hope to see you at the cafe instead ;)

Runningman
07-04-2005, 01:10 PM
Runningman,

Like I said I'll be lucky to get in from work by 7.00pm, so you can count me out. Will hope to see you at the cafe instead ;)

See you there Gary...make that The Magnificant Six.

slob
07-04-2005, 08:19 PM
There's half a chance I can get off work early enough on Wednesday to get my bike back in time! but like Gary, I doubt I'll make it by 7:00.

rjc
08-04-2005, 05:13 PM
Yeah, great though the idea is of descending en masse I won't make it before 7pm so I'll head straight there.

Runningman
08-04-2005, 05:18 PM
Yeah, great though the idea is of descending en masse I won't make it before 7pm so I'll head straight there.

Hi Richard
Quite happy to meet later somewhere else; I'm riding in from EC4.
Same applies to all you other London Monsterers - I've seen you!

Looking forward to it

benson
09-04-2005, 01:26 PM
I'm going to be heading into the Ace from work, round the north circular (oh most scenic of raods :lol: ) joining at the A10 so if anyone's that way over let me know - meanwhile here comes moto gp too this weekend! Hurrah!

STU65
09-04-2005, 09:01 PM
Would it be ok for me to join up with you all. May be I can join up with some one enroute. I'll be coming up from the sticks of Essex.

Cheers,

gary tompkins
09-04-2005, 11:32 PM
May have to cancel my trip Thursday now. Went to replace my rear brake m/cyl. today, only to find the new one I got M/Order from Woods M/C's wouldn't fit. The original is well buggered and way too dodgy to re-fit, so I'm left without a rear stopper :(

They sent me a 2001 m/cyl. (as ordered), but I've now found out my 900ie's fitted with a 2000 spec unit, and the banjo connection for the hose is in the wrong place - ARSE! :mad: Not sure I'll have another posted in time to fit/bleed it for the ACE bash, so its a case of watch this space?

Chappers
13-04-2005, 11:50 AM
Madhatter - doesn't look like he's gonna make it now due to Rally :(
PeteS4 - doubtful due to work and dependent on weather :mad:
Chappers - doubtful due to work and just generally a crap rider :lol: .

gary tompkins
13-04-2005, 12:29 PM
Got my replacement rear master cylinder in the post today, but it's now really touch & go time-wise for getting it fitted & bled out TBH. Plus as Chappers said the weather forecast is none too clever either :(

I think i'll be making a last minute decision on the ACE run-out Thursday night when I get home from work.

benson
13-04-2005, 03:56 PM
Hi Folks - yes the weather looks special, a.k.a. S***E for tomorrow but I'll be heading to the Ace because it's only a few more miles the worng way round the north circular so if you're there see you then! If not maybe next month and don't forget Italian Day on SUnday 8th May which is also the Pro Twin open day (M25, J6)

Runningman
13-04-2005, 04:59 PM
I shall also be in attendance at the Ace regardless. Any one who cares to join me I shall wait at Lower Thames St (just before the speed camera on entry into the tunnel) from 6.30 till 6.40PM

Don't forget, it's only water that falls out of the sky...not oil.

Jay
13-04-2005, 05:07 PM
I'd be there if I hadn't just sold my bike, but will be there on my shiny new one on the 8th perhaps, if i'm not in some god-awful far distant land.

craigie
13-04-2005, 09:16 PM
If its not pissin down I'll be there about 7:30ish

Hopefully see you all there

Craig

slob
14-04-2005, 05:30 AM
I got my bike back last thing yesterday...'will head straight up there later unless i get f~*#$d at work.

Chappers
14-04-2005, 02:08 PM
Weather has changed for the better here at Junction 12, M1; Pete's finished work already, I'm gonna sneak out of work at 4:30pm and get myself over to Pete's.

Me and Pete will be at Moto Services, Jnc 12 (South), M1 just before 6:30pm, we will then be at Jnc 11 for just after 6:30pm to meet Kevlar and anyone else.

Should be at the Ace for 7:15ish but all depends on how slow I go holding other peeps up - haven't had the experience of filtering between cars on the M1 yet :( :o

Anyone wanna meet us at Jnc 12 or 11?

queen_gpants
14-04-2005, 03:18 PM
Radar and I plan to be there about 7ish :)

Runningman
14-04-2005, 04:29 PM
I repeat my clarion call to London monsterers to meet "under the camera" at Lower Thames St - 6.30PM.
Sun shining on the Thames at mo; It looks like being a monster night out.
r

Ps Rob - it'll be good to see you.

queen_gpants
14-04-2005, 06:26 PM
Well it's p***ing down here so I'm afraid we are staying indoors where it's dry and warm...roll on summer! :rolleyes:

benson
14-04-2005, 08:49 PM
:lol: :D Well cheers Slob, Craigy and Runningman :lol: - here's to the valiant 4 who ended up at the Ace tonight - more of a turn out of cars than bikes but hell, we made it - good to see you folks, hope the ride home wasn't too horrid - get that tyre/wheel sorted Runningman - or else you could end up just turning right all the time! :confused:

A red monster pulled up at the lights at the Southgate junction tonight - that would have made 5!!!

See you SUnday hopefully - anyone riding in from my nect of the woods or if not what time are we aiming for at OYB??? :p

slob
14-04-2005, 09:01 PM
oops, I turned the wrong way out of the car park, were we in front of you or behind you Benson? We tried to catch up just in case. I don't think the good people of Cannonbury go to bed early enough for us to have woken 'em up. We must do it again Craigie, if only 'cos I can't decide whether round or oval sounds better(It's a whole 3 miles less going home through rather than round and much more fun..erm I mean more clutch and brake wear) I still prefer Dark but 'chac un a son gout' as Stef would say.
ps Hope it was just a weather thing that caused Beds'n'Bucks not to show.

Chappers
15-04-2005, 09:33 AM
I left work (Toddington) around 5pm and it was gloriously sunny but chilly, rushed home, got changed but by the time I got to Petes (CMK) at 6pm it was absolutely chucking it down :mad:

The weather didn't pick up til gone 7pm, by then it wasn't worth us rushing down - we wouldn't of been able to stay long and would of got back quite late :( So Pete and I ended up going for a little blatt round the back roads of Northampton...even then we got hit by a 30 second hailstone frenzy :confused: :lol:

Kevlar Kid ended up attending some birthday bash or something and Tom was well up for going but the rain really did put me and Pete off, so I don't blame Tom for not going down by himself really :o

Didn't have any of your mobile numbers to let you know - sorry.

slob
15-04-2005, 07:18 PM
cool, just glad no-one got hurt, cya some other time

benson
15-04-2005, 10:27 PM
Glad all was well and just the crappy weather that put folks off - can't blame you after a long day at work!!! Hope to see everyone SUnday at OYB - I'll be riding round from Woodford Green so if anyone is in my direction just PM me... Other thanthat I'll look out/listen out for the bikes on SUnday!

Just a thought - no word from RUnningman and after our conversation last night about the bike running in a funny way - ARE YOU OUT THERE RUNNINGMAN???? :eek:

Runningman
16-04-2005, 06:16 PM
Benson
Rumours of my death have been greatly exagerated; all is well with the runmiester.

My hero, Chas, of Chasbikes fame, sorted out the wobbly wheels situation by changing the rear wheel bearings, not before I (quite literally) ground to a halt in Islington, on the ride into work on Friday. This, coupled with two new Pirrelli diablo's, has returned the Duke to former splendour, and we are both ready for Sundays OYB gig.

I intend to meet the Bucks & Beds mob (mainly to see if they still exist) at some place called Hockliff (?) and shall be leaving Harpenden around 9.00AM. Why not hook up at J9 M1?
r

benson
16-04-2005, 07:22 PM
Hurrah! Rumours were all they were! :D And a might fine choice of tyre... :)

Hockliffe - hmmm - sounds intriguing - what time are you thinking of heading up there? I am at a party tonight and although I won't be imbibing vast quantities of alcohol I'm not sure how early I will be awake! :cool: If not see you at OYB,
R

07973 449 354 - maybe send me a text to let me know what time eh?