PDA

View Full Version : What the UKMOC means to you?

Plum
03-04-2005, 07:51 PM
Unsure if this has been posted before, but after all the help and advice from you guys i really wanted to ask.

Having been a user of the site for over two years, i can only say that i have become an addict for the last year. I found it purely by checking it out through Google (i think). We have a local bike site which i used to to use, but it fell prey to the sort of antics that happened, and were stopped, here recently. The local site has a get together on a Sunday at the harbour for a ride out. I can honestly say i have gone twice in the 5 years, and one of those was a ride out in respect of a fellow biker who was killed and that we all knew. The prospect of coming to the weekender to meet new people, all with a common interest, really is exciting and i have been looking forward to it since i had to pull out of last years. Although i havent been yet, or even met any of you, i can honestly say that i think this could be the 'annual pilgrimage' that i have been looking for since my last interest. I was part of a custom van owners club for many years. I used to sleep out down the beach every weekend with my mates and got on the ferry to attend the biggest UK van show of the year, every year for 8 years. I couldnt imagine life without my van and the shows, but mostly it was meeting the people of whom i made many friends and are people i know i could drop in on anytime. Sadly, my van has gone with no plans to replace it. It is part of my life which has no come to an end. But i have the bike and over the last couple of 18 months have started to find 'serious biking' again, and through this webite, have found really cool, helpful and smashing people which i had only ever found in the van club. When i get on the net, its the first ,and often only, site i go to. I check out most of the posts and am alway entertained, as well learning new tricks.

So what does the UKMOC mean to you?

Didge
06-04-2005, 02:54 PM
Plum, I found this wayyyy down the list with nary a reply. Ever get the feeling that you might be a no-mates? Probably something to do with living on the channel islands. People have never felt the same about you lot since the Krauts were booted out. Never mind, I'll be yer mate (in a non- gaylord way of course) at the Weekender, but you'll have to put up with some strange sounds and smells.

As for the UKMOC, best club I've been in. Good mix of straights, lezzies, toss-pots, nutters, a Fatbloke and the odd farter. There is I believe, even one or two NORMAL people in the club, but I've yet to meet them.

DesmoDog
06-04-2005, 05:02 PM
Hmmm not sure where Didge brackets me in that lot, but I'll be your dog too. Only thing is I might (read probably) not be at the weekender so you'll have to come up North sometime.

Plum
06-04-2005, 08:41 PM
I'll be yer mate (in a non- gaylord way of course) at the Weekender.As for the UKMOC, best club I've been in. Good mix of straights, lezzies, toss-pots, nutters, a Fatbloke and the odd farter. There is I believe, even one or two NORMAL people in the club, but I've yet to meet them.

In a non gaylord kinda way eh? One has to ask how you make such horrid smells with your ar$e, and when you fart, is at as noisy as they (allegedly) smell? If so i would question why. Your ar$e must be like a wizards sleeve to create such noise.

Now which bracket do you fall in to? :D

JMo
06-04-2005, 08:49 PM
Means I don't have that many weekends free...

xxx

Collie_dog
06-04-2005, 08:56 PM
The UKMOC means finding some amazing new friends, where else could i meet; ladies who not only wear comfy shoes but also work there;
an amazing Lara Croft look alike who does officially kick arse!
People who have deffinatly weirder jobs than myself...bull sperm collector, mortition/taxidermist...train driver...lawyer (i thought they where only found in movies!! :D ) and people who also find fart jokes funny, and our own resident proctologist.

UKMOC people are willing to lend you parts, a hand or advice for any subject at any time day or night, and no matter how stupid the question they're always willing to answer.

UKMOC people don't see you as male or female, no matter your skin colour whether it's black/white/brown or green, what matters is you ride a motorbike, you ride a Ducati and most of all you own a Monster, and if you don't then we'll make fun of you until you do!!

The UKMOC isn't just a club, it's an extended family, we fight, we love, and most importantly we laugh. You can find the annoying little brothers and sisters, the strict parents who tell you that farting isn't as amusing as you think, the old grandparents who are a bit hard of hearing but tell the best storys and even the odd creepy Uncles who you really wouldn't want to be left in a room with.

The UKMOC is a great place to be, and i'm proud to be a member...even if it's extending the boundaries of the UK to accomidate!!

A Yerbury
06-04-2005, 09:29 PM
it means I receive all manner of whingy personal messages, which is nice. And met some nice people, which was nice and some bad people which was nicer. oh and I learnt all about Roger McGough, a few latin terms and carb icing (you all know who you are)

gary tompkins
06-04-2005, 10:35 PM
...oh and I learnt all about Roger McGough, a few latin terms and carb icing (you all know who you are)

As I said it's all down to how you squeeze the bag and what size nozzle you use, and make sure you finish them off with a nice coating of hundreds & thousands and a cherry - sorted! ;)

...There is I believe, even one or two NORMAL people in the club, but I've yet to meet them.

Ok own up.... who is it? :D

Pedro
06-04-2005, 11:09 PM
Hehehehe

what they all said!

Ped

Phoenix
07-04-2005, 12:24 AM
Friendly people with a passion for thier bikes. Informative and helpful and most deffo the very best club to be in :D

Phoenix
07-04-2005, 12:25 AM

:o

:D

walkingpictures
07-04-2005, 12:30 AM
no matter your skin colour whether it's black/white/brown or green

Ahem...got all of those colours and more...but yes,a great club

Kimbo :)

SazzaG
07-04-2005, 10:04 AM
The UKMOC is probably the sole reason I still have my bike.

I didn't have any other biker friends when I got the Monster, except Rog who had an R6 at the time. Rideouts together weren't as fun as we thought they'd be, as he spent most of the time waiting for me to catch up. Never really enjoy riding alone as much as I do in a group (of monsters, of course!)

So thanks to the UKMOC:
I have few free weekends (thanks mainly to Jen being such a good rep),
I've met loads of people who don't know what flow cytometry is (hooray, don't have to talk about work!),
My housework never gets done in the summer
I get out of bed on Sundays (when it's sunny)
I still have the sparkly Dixxie
And now Rog has a Monster as well!

Don't know what I'd do without you guys. (Ahh, group hug!).

Saz
(Looking forward to the weekender, 'cos it's the next chance I've got to ride my bike!)

Rogerg
07-04-2005, 11:04 AM
My housework never gets done in the summer

I was going to post a witty retort here, but then remembered I'm quite attached and fond of my testicles - so I wont.

UKMOC is fantastic.

it would seem you can get advice on any subject here, everything from anal trumpet technique, to more relevant technical Monster issues. There's always several people prepared to give advice, even give up their time to help out fellow ukmoc'ers.

long may it continue.

Top effort to all those involved behind the scenes and to all the members that continue to make the UKMOC the enjoyable experience it is.

See you all at the weekender!!

dean
07-04-2005, 11:23 AM
[QUOTE=Rogerg]
it would seem you can get advice on any subject here, everything from anal trumpet technique, to more relevant technical Monster issues. There's always several people prepared to give advice, even give up their time to help out fellow ukmoc'ers.

Including Roger and his computer advice!

SAMMYE
07-04-2005, 12:36 PM
Dont quote me on this but I think it mean United Kindom Monster Owners club

do I get a gold star.... puuuurrrrlllleeeaaassseee :)

gary tompkins
07-04-2005, 01:50 PM
Dont quote me on this but I think it mean United Kindom Monster Owners club

do I get a gold star.... puuuurrrrlllleeeaaassseee :)

Trust Sammye to go all "literalist" on us :rolleyes:

Please go to the back of the class and write out "I MUST TRY TO BE LESS PEDANTIC" 1000 times :D

As for what UKMOC means to me....

Friendship, inspiration, lots of laughs, good times and of course great bikes :cool:

Long may it continue :)

Blue Beastie
07-04-2005, 01:57 PM
I'm new here, only had my monster a couple of weeks. I've already had mucho very useful information and advice. So at the moment UKMOC is a very friendly (sometimes sarcastic, sometimes subliminally ridiculous!!)useful source of information. Hopefully in time I'll make some pals too and possibly meet some of you.

By the way, whats the collective name for a group of monsters?

DesmoDog
07-04-2005, 02:06 PM
A "rumble"?

Nonnie
07-04-2005, 02:11 PM
I am reliably told it's a "clutch" but I prefer a "growl".

Nonnie
07-04-2005, 02:20 PM
As for what the UKMOC means to me....well.....

I haven't been here long and thought it would be full of technical stuff, which it is and I'm learning a lot but there is also a decent friendly chat thing going on which seems to be happy enough to include me. The one meet I've been on has been full of happy, friendly faces. People that I've been glad to meet. I imagine the weekender will be more of the same, and the fact I have been chosen as a target for some bloke's farting adventures is only slightly putting the dampeners on things. Onwards and upwards!

Didge
07-04-2005, 02:33 PM
As I said it's all down to how you squeeze the bag and what size nozzle you use, and make sure you finish them off with a nice coating of hundreds & thousands and a cherry - sorted! ;)

Ah yes, our Gary T. Sorry I forgot to include amongst all the differing types, that we also have cyborgs in the club as well. Silly me for forgetting that.

Didge
07-04-2005, 02:42 PM
I imagine the weekender will be more of the same, and the fact I have been chosen as a target for some bloke's farting adventures is only slightly putting the dampeners on things. Onwards and upwards!

Nonnie, you are NOT a target. It's just that Collie will not be there this year, and I just know that you will appreciate the 'atmosphere' at the weekender as she did last year. In fact I just know that Collie would INSIST that you take her place for 2005. Unfortunatly some of my farts may well be a little moist, so yes it will put the 'dampeners' on somethings I suppose. Enjoy!

NattyBoy
07-04-2005, 03:15 PM
Would still be legging it around on sports bikes at daft speeds if it wasnt for this site. Owning a monster really opened my eyes to enjoying my bikes more. Joined the club nearly 3 years ago (it was also my first 'forum'!)..bought a 600 and never looked back. Dont think all the ducati sportsbike riders out there realise what good fun the monster is. The desmodue race series has certainly raised a few eyebrows I think with numerous people commenting on how capable the bikes are on the track and how much fun they are to ride.

Met a load of great people (with the exception of Didge and Pedro obviously) and had some great jaunts. Highlights for me were my first monster weekend rideout - awesome ! And the track day last year - best ive ever attended.

Oh..and ive made a couple of bob on the way selling my ducati bits to you lovely people which helped me buy my new monnie !! :) :burnout:

Cheers
Nat

Collie_dog
07-04-2005, 04:16 PM

I thought we decided on a "THUNDER of Monsters"

Banshee
07-04-2005, 09:09 PM
I want to be Collie's uncle. :rolleyes: :o

A Yerbury
07-04-2005, 09:59 PM
You want a bloody good slapping and it is being arranged.

DesmoDog
08-04-2005, 11:23 AM
We could line up, like on airplane. Wasn't that a great film? Mind you, whenever I tune in to the series on a Wednsday night the jokes are no where near as funny and that fat mincing bloke in the glasses is nothing like Lesely Neilson.

Albie
08-04-2005, 04:08 PM
As for what the UKMOC means to me....well.....

I haven't been here long and thought it would be full of technical stuff, which it is and I'm learning a lot but there is also a decent friendly chat thing going on which seems to be happy enough to include me. The one meet I've been on has been full of happy, friendly faces. People that I've been glad to meet. I imagine the weekender will be more of the same, and the fact I have been chosen as a target for some bloke's farting adventures is only slightly putting the dampeners on things. Onwards and upwards!
Friends Friends and Friends. Thats what it means to me. I was a bit of a lost soul when I bought my monster with an uncaring wife. Why I bought it.Shes gone now and Ive been on a rollercoaster ride of meeting so many people.I have more than 1 backyard and so much more confidance. Cant seem to let go of the club for a couple of nites at times. Anyway heres to meeting even more friends then.

Andy :D :D

Collie_dog
08-04-2005, 08:24 PM
I want to be Collie's uncle. :rolleyes: :o

Ithink i'm a bit scared at that prospect Bansh :D