PDA

View Full Version : I am coming to the weekender on my bike...

Plum
03-04-2005, 07:27 PM
all thanks to my mate, (who's also a H****y D mechanic). It starts, but i have yet to take it on a ride to make sure, but we are certain its gonna be fine. Keep your fingers crossed. I am a happy man!! So lets not have a bad word said about H****y D's or their mechanics.

Just wanted to say thanks to all those who have answerd my (many) posts. It will be good to thank some of you in person at the weekender, and repay you with a beverage of an alcoholic type!!
Pedro - you have pints lined up for you already!!

Not having a garage (until 2 days ago) i have had to rely on good weather and an understanding wife, who let me do things in her kitchen. God i love her. Its been a looooonnnnnngggggggggggggg drawn out job, but it's done. Sadly i havent done all the jobs i wanted to do, and my tank turned out real crap, but its functional and all one shape, so it will make a good tank for track daying. Is there a prize for the roughest monster? If so just give it to me now, cos it looks a real shed!

So, bike happy, me happy. Me happy, wife happy cos i wont be such a miserable sod and i might get to bed early.....now shes not happy.

Right im off to have a celebratory drink, purely to relieve the pain of skinned knucles you understand.

Many thank again

L (there isnt a big enough smiley to express the grin on my mug. Sad really)

Pedro
03-04-2005, 11:04 PM
Bloody good!

The suffering is worthwhile in the end eh?

Ped

A Yerbury
03-04-2005, 11:32 PM
in the end? f*el? ele*tri*s?

Plum
04-04-2005, 01:05 PM
It was fueling Yerbs. I had water in the system and it screwed everything up

JMo
04-04-2005, 01:25 PM
I had water in the system and it screwed everything up

Julie had a similar problem the other week... (mind you it ran better than ever after we cleaned it out x)

xxx

Plum
04-04-2005, 01:39 PM
Hmmm, i think i had more water in my tank, JMo. Insode of the tank was rustier than a rust thing on a very rusty day. This all travelled through the filter,pump fuel lines and into the carbs stopping it from running. Hopefully with it all sorted (although looking a total and utter nail) i shall have many more miles of stress free riding.....until the next time something goes wrong.

Nice piccie of Julie there. Noticed the head was down. Was this so she could deny it was her as you couldnt see the bike?

DesmoDog
04-04-2005, 02:04 PM
hmmm water in the system eh? Is the stripping down - getting rid of the H20 easy or should i leave it to a mechanic. My little blighter is still not running and I've got to book her in for MOT anyhoo - Christ what a year of owner ship, I've done less than 400 miles and 200 of them was bringing her home. Bloody amazing I made it home at all that day, it was peeing down and all. Bloody bike.

Julie
04-04-2005, 02:06 PM
Hmmm, i think i had more water in my tank, JMo. Insode of the tank was rustier than a rust thing on a very rusty day. This all travelled through the filter,pump fuel lines and into the carbs stopping it from running. Hopefully with it all sorted (although looking a total and utter nail) i shall have many more miles of stress free riding.....until the next time something goes wrong.

Nice piccie of Julie there. Noticed the head was down. Was this so she could deny it was her as you couldnt see the bike?

Thats true Plum...it wasnt me..i wasnt there. Nothing to do with me at all..What is a KTM i've never seen one before. You can't prove a thing x

Oh who changed my avatar?

Plum
04-04-2005, 03:23 PM
One seriously wet babe...in a non sexual way!

Plum
04-04-2005, 03:26 PM
hmmm water in the system eh? Is the stripping down - getting rid of the H20 easy or should i leave it to a mechanic. My little blighter is still not running and I've got to book her in for MOT anyhoo - Christ what a year of owner ship, I've done less than 400 miles and 200 of them was bringing her home. Bloody amazing I made it home at all that day, it was peeing down and all. Bloody bike.

Well i had a bit more than just water. There was rusty sediment that blocked the jets and in fact there was so much of this sludge it actually blocked the drainer hole in bowl. I would say its a 'sunday afternoon in the garage' affair. In my case it was a couple of weeks waiting for good weather and a sunday afternoon in the (wifes) kitchen. But now i have a garage so this wont be happening again......i hope

Pedro
04-04-2005, 04:57 PM
Well i had a bit more than just water. There was rusty sediment that blocked the jets and in fact there was so much of this sludge it actually blocked the drainer hole in bowl. I would say its a 'sunday afternoon in the garage' affair. In my case it was a couple of weeks waiting for good weather and a sunday afternoon in the (wifes) kitchen. But now i have a garage so this wont be happening again......i hope

Hey Lee

Might be worth checking the seal on the fuel cap - the water has to get in somewhere. If that's split or perished, all your hard work might be in vain.

Ped
Looking forward to Beer!

NattyBoy
04-04-2005, 05:39 PM
Nice one plum...look forward to meeting you mate. As for buying Pedro free beer..make sure its just a half as he drinks like my nan... :lol:

Nat

Plum
04-04-2005, 06:41 PM
Hey Lee

Might be worth checking the seal on the fuel cap - the water has to get in somewhere. If that's split or perished, all your hard work might be in vain.

Ped
Looking forward to Beer!

Yeah i checked it out and thats where the water has gotten in but its under cover now in a garage. I need to look at a new seal or filler cap.

Pedro
04-04-2005, 10:41 PM
Nice one plum...look forward to meeting you mate. As for buying Pedro free beer..make sure its just a half as he drinks like my nan... :lol:

Nat

Right, that's you off my christmas card list!

:lol:

A Yerbury
04-04-2005, 10:47 PM
Yeah i checked it out and thats where the water has gotten in but its under cover now in a garage. I need to look at a new seal or filler cap.

some silicone around the rim of the cap should seal it, dont forget the bleeds on the carbs, you can tell if its water via your nose and fingers or a handy zippo.

Plum
04-04-2005, 11:53 PM
you can tell if its water via your nose and fingers or a handy zippo.

You must be 'kin joking. Knowing my luck i would set fire to it.......Hmmmm!