PDA

View Full Version : Fairing brackets?

Danny
03-04-2005, 09:10 AM
I've been advised that in order to fit the fly screen (recently bought from ebay) to my 1996 M600, I will need to get some L shaped metal brackets????

Any ideas on where I can get these from, or has anyone got a pair that they want to flog?

gary tompkins
03-04-2005, 10:35 AM
Unless you are lucky enough to find someone with a 2nd hand set of brackets to flog (unlikley) your other options are...

1. Contact a Ducati dealer or spares stockist and see if they can supply just the brackets kit as a new part

2. Copy them and get a set made yourself

Rogerg
03-04-2005, 11:08 AM
Stuart @ spareshack does them.

They work really well

Danny
04-04-2005, 02:11 PM
Stuart @ spareshack does them.

They work really well

Just spoken to spareshack and he says that there isn't such a thing available....

i'm a bit confused now, is anyone able to email me a picture of these L shaped brackets, or a plan so that i can make my own?

Byron Kauffman
04-04-2005, 07:54 PM
Just spoken to spareshack and he says that there isn't such a thing available....
i'm a bit confused now, is anyone able to email me a picture of these L shaped brackets, or a plan so that i can make my own?

Danny: I posted all the info you needed and photo on your original "Will It Fit" post last week. Then this thread shifted to a second new post about fitting new screens to older monsters and now this is the third new post on the same topic.
You will need the forward rubber mounts either from Ducati parts or just make your own set from the parts I listed in the original post. That will let you mount the faring and see how close it is to the upper fork tree. With the faring in place you can easily see the size and shape of the "L" brackets you will need to build.
If you decide you can not make them yourself let me know and I can build you a set for the materials cost. I have mine as a pattern so all I need to do is copy them and if you want I can get all the parts for the front mount too. You will still need to reposition your turn lights since the faring mount will go where the old style turn lights are now. The new style headlight ears have a different shape to allow for the signals to mount there.
Of course your other option is simply to order the main headlight mount bracket from Ducati. this is the tubular piece that goes between the tripple clamps and holds the headlight ears. It already has the mounting tabs for the new style faring mounted to it. US price was around $200. thats why I built my own.
Byron.

pooh
04-04-2005, 08:20 PM
Danny
May have what you are looking for will have a look in my box of bits tomorrow and let you know if I still have them, My bike had a fairing on when I got it but it got destroted when I had my little spill.

Ian

Danny
04-04-2005, 08:27 PM
Danny
May have what you are looking for will have a look in my box of bits tomorrow and let you know if I still have them, My bike had a fairing on when I got it but it got destroted when I had my little spill.

Ian

Thnks Ian.....fingers crossed!

pooh
05-04-2005, 06:22 PM
are these what you want

Ian

Danny
05-04-2005, 07:54 PM
Thanks for looking,

They look like the babies, what would you like for them?

Danny

pooh
05-04-2005, 08:00 PM
Your address and a small donation to the british cancer foundation will be fine

Ian

Danny
05-04-2005, 08:01 PM
Your a gentleman Ian, many thanks. I will send you a pm with my address.

pooh
05-04-2005, 09:31 PM
Danny
Brackets in post tonight you should have them thursday

Ian

Danny
05-04-2005, 10:14 PM
Cheers Ian, I will let you know when they arrive.

Danny
09-04-2005, 06:51 AM
Brackets have arrived, thank you Ian

Thats my weekend sorted out now!