PDA

View Full Version : April 3rd and beyond

benson
02-04-2005, 01:57 PM
Anyone up for a run out tomorrow if the weather holds it'll be a peach of a day? :lol:

Maybe to the seaside? :p
Maybe even to the !*!*!*!* Turpin? :eek:
Maybe even to the Ace? :cool:

It's Italian night a week on Thursday too if anyone fancies it!

slob
02-04-2005, 02:34 PM
I might be up for an early(ish) run. Can afford to burn a couple of hundred miles before my next service but have things to do later on in the afternoon. I thought you were test riding Buells for a laugh Rachel. What about Epping and beyond?

benson
02-04-2005, 02:58 PM
Hi Rob,
Didn't manage to organise myself for the buell test rides and spent the morning in the garden! :D

Meanwhile I think our clocks will clash tomorrow - I was thinking of later rather than earlier....Not known for my morning sarts!!! :p

Enjoy the sunshine tho!

Benson :cool:

slob
02-04-2005, 04:20 PM
what time then? I may be able to shift things about a bit...
I have to be in NW London around 6ish, so what if we met at the High Beach tea hut sometime in the afternoon, find a nice rural route heading around the top of London and M25 to the west and head back in to the Ace for 5ish?

deadley
02-04-2005, 06:12 PM
i could be up for something in afternoon but play football in morning so wont be around till after 1pm, but dont know where High Beach is??

benson
02-04-2005, 06:33 PM
Hello folks - what about meeting in Epping itself say at 1PM?

We could meet on the high street - outside the Italian restaurant where there's plenty of on street parking. I can't remember the name of the restaurant but it's big and on the left hand about half a mile after the big parish church as you drive through Epping from the London direction - I'll be there so just look for a black and gold monster!

We can then head off for a run out....

I need to be in central London for 5.30 so afternoon tea at the Ace would be good!!! :lol:

slob
02-04-2005, 06:42 PM
CYA than, then, sounds like a good place for brunch. Should we post a link on the London forum, see if we can drum up some more interest? Have you heard from Steveski at all?

benson
02-04-2005, 06:46 PM
Indeed! We could also peruse the local countryside for decent pubs! Went past one today out near Brentwood that looked good enough - went the long way round through the back of Stapleford Abbots and that secret nuclear bunker that always intrigues me!!!

Meanwhile - about Steveski - haven't heard from him in a while - seems to have gone quiet all round really doesn't it?

Yep - please do post the London Link - see if we can be more than two monsters!!!!! :lol:

deadley
02-04-2005, 06:53 PM
dont think i would make it to Epping by 1pm so maybe another time

benson
02-04-2005, 06:56 PM
No worries mate - would be good to catch up with you so what about a little later or closer to you in SOuthend? I am queen of the bag of chippies from Baileys??? What say Slob? :D :D

deadley
02-04-2005, 07:03 PM
yeh later is good if your moving on to a pub or something

benson
02-04-2005, 07:06 PM
I'm off out now - I'm happy to meet pretty much anywhere and I'll join you!Will check the thread again later to see where we get to -
Rachel :cool:

deadley
02-04-2005, 07:09 PM
i'm off out now i'll check thread later

slob
02-04-2005, 07:10 PM
Bit later... no problem, we did Baileys last weekend so I'm not all that keen on the A12 again so soon and it's not much of a rideout for Deadly but I am happy to go with the flow, especially since we both need to be in London later on. BTW, I'll be carrying a pillion.
ps. I'll be without bike from 9th to 16th due to servicing availability woes.

Runningman
02-04-2005, 10:53 PM
Would love to join my old London and Essex buddies, but used up my weekend riding tokens today by covering around 200 miles of Gloustershire & Worcestershire. Fantastic day!

Next time.
m

A Yerbury
02-04-2005, 10:57 PM
you silly lemon, we were doing the worcester gloucester ooh arr thing today, I had a bath specially and even slapped on some bulgari...next time then.

benson
02-04-2005, 11:05 PM
OK so here I go with the latest idea - JMo in Brighton has suggested a seaside run and cos it's going to be a nice day I think that the Brighton sea air might just be calling me!!! :o

Not sure if this is an alcohol induced escapade idea or indeed just a good idea!!! :confused:

Will be back on in the morning - either way here's to getting out in the sun!!! :D

Benson.

Runningman
03-04-2005, 12:00 AM
you silly lemon, we were doing the worcester gloucester ooh arr thing today, I had a bath specially and even slapped on some bulgari...next time then.

Missed again eh...I'm beggining to wonder if you exist!

Adious amigos

A Yerbury
03-04-2005, 12:21 AM
Missed again eh...I'm beggining to wonder if you exist!

Adious amigos

hmm I know the feeling, life is an illusion and love is but a dream.....although If this/you all are, just figments of my imagination then apologies all round, I will do a better job next time promise.

The all seeing AY.

slob
03-04-2005, 07:48 AM
...Brighton...
Thats Deadly out than, if he can't get to a town in Essex by 1PM, what time are you thinking of doing the South coast?!
I shall be at Bury Hill between 9.30 an 10.am.
While I have no problem with travelling further afield(I've become a sort of adoptive Kentie lately) I'd kinda like to explore round the North edge of the great metrollops and see if we can't stir up a bit of local action(fnarr).
Let me know, I'll watch this space.

benson
03-04-2005, 09:57 AM
Hi Slob - after an extensive run out to the north yesterday I think I'd prefer to head off to the seaside today - hope you manage to find some good roads, have a good day,
Rachel :cool:

slob
03-04-2005, 10:43 AM
Fairy snuff then, enjoy the seaside... I'm gonna set the video for Suzi Perry and head up to Epping for a nosey.

benson
03-04-2005, 10:12 PM
Yo!* mean I missed S!*zi Perry??? :lol:

Meanwhile had a wi!*ked ride o!*t to Brighton and along the !*oast and home again on some rather ni!*e roads. :!*ool:

Hope yo!* had a good day - I'll no do!*bt see yo!* soon - when is yo!*r bike being servi!*ed and when are yo!* going to Afri!*a (that so!*nds too good....???)

Take it easy - I'll be getting to the A!*e for Italian night all being well a week on Th!*rsday - let me know if yo!* fan!*y going that way too

Ra!*hel :b!*nny:

slob
04-04-2005, 05:31 AM
It looks as tho*gh the letters '*' & '*' are getting repla*ed to me...
Eat yop*r heart o*t Sesame Street and that'll make *ertain 11th *ent*ry monar*hs pretty angry.
I went for a ride North o*t of Epping,Tbit where my GPS only j*st got me o*t of the Waltham *ross was not so good. Fo*nd an ex*ellent p*b, The pl*me and feathers between Harlow and Sawbridgeworth, *omplete with 4 DO* members(is that all of them?) they normally meet 3rd S*nday if there's no BSB on and a st*nning 900SS ra*e rep, will post poor q*ality photos as soon as I download them from my *amera.
Sadly I'll be witho*t my bike for the next Italian night.
Oh and the BB* *hanged their s*hed*le *a*sing me to miss S*zi's latest 15 min*tes of fame.

STU65
04-04-2005, 08:17 PM
Slob, I like your style. ;)

PS found my old bike by the way.

Are you about next week for a run either Sat or Sun?

slob
05-04-2005, 05:32 AM
Slob, I like your style. ;)

PS found my old bike by the way.

Are you about next week for a run either Sat or Sun?

Sadly no my bikes in for servicing Sat.-Sat., what about the 17th?
What bike did you find? post a piccie! or do I have to come to the seaside for a viewing? I'm sure we could talk Benson into a trip to Baileys again(scenic route this time).

benson
05-04-2005, 09:37 AM
Hello all - well wouldn't ya knowit- the weather stays nice and we're all at work or something closely approximating to gainful employment....Yes indeedy that weekend would be good - I believe there's an On Yer Bike Open day on the 17th but the posts have gone quiet about that for now...So the seaside on the 16th sounds like a good thing :cool: