PDA

View Full Version : Bee Ware!!

scrumpster
01-04-2005, 02:51 PM
There was I merrily riding along one of my local beauty spots, when I just happened to glance down out of the corner of my eye and see movement.............it was yellow, black and had stripes :eek: A honey bee had worked it's way, I can only assume, up the gap between my neck warmer and coat collar - what did I do???? What us women do best, stayed calm (really I did!!) opened my visor, waited for the offender to surface a bit more, grabbed it with my glove and threw it, and then started thinking, what if I actually had not got it, or it had got back in. At this point I decided to pull in and check, which is what I should have done in the first place, altho no where to stop! So Beeware all of you!!! Wonder if it was looking for a nest?? Could have been worse I suppose, could have been a swarm....... :rolleyes:

Pedro
01-04-2005, 03:03 PM
Years ago I was following a mate of mine when all of a sudden, he threw his crash hat into the field next to the road, at 40mph!! We all wondered WTF, turns out a wasp had got in and he panicked. The only thinng he could think of was to chuck his lid off a bit sharpish!

Nearly as funny as seeing someone hurl with a full face lid on..... with the visor down...!!

Ped

Julie
01-04-2005, 04:11 PM
I put my helmet on at the weekend and a bee was in my goggles. It really bloody scared me! I cant tell you how much! Not normally scared of bee's but when one is stuck in your goggles i pooped my pants !

Mand
01-04-2005, 07:20 PM
I had a wasp fly into my helmet last year. It decided to crawl across my face and under my glasses and I had to stop with one eye closed. Kept my gob shut too! :eek:

Looking forward to the summer when I get my bike and helmet covered in black flies. It's a yellow bike thing. :p

Julie
01-04-2005, 07:24 PM
I had a wasp fly into my helmet last year. It decided to crawl across my face and under my glasses and I had to stop with one eye closed. Kept my gob shut too! :eek:

Looking forward to the summer when I get my bike and helmet covered in black flies. It's a yellow bike thing. :p

gosh i remember that mand...i think it was trying to mate with your yellow bike.

Hey this thread need some witty banter from the groovy gang dont you think?

A Yerbury
01-04-2005, 07:24 PM
I once had bugs in my helmet? although the local saw bones refered to them as crabs? most perplexing.

Julie
01-04-2005, 07:26 PM
I once had bugs in my helmet? although the local saw bones refered to them as crabs? most perplexing.
as if by magic ....one of them appears...

Mand
01-04-2005, 07:26 PM
gosh i remember that mand...i think it was trying to mate with your yellow bike.

Hey this thread need some witty banter from the groovy gang dont you think?

Oh I do hope, it will make my life complete.

Now where's my beer.......?

A Yerbury
01-04-2005, 07:28 PM
I only hope I was groovy enough.
AY.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

CraigMac
01-04-2005, 07:30 PM
But I can add those smily people to my posts :cool:
Groovy shades!!!

nik_the_brief
01-04-2005, 07:37 PM
Me too, I had a bumble bee fly into my flip-front lid last summer and buzz around in my ear - sounded like a chainsaw and was nearly as scary - cue emergency stoppie to rip off my lid and shake head madly from side to side til I dislodged the thing.

I remember reading somewhere that bumble bees are too heavy to actually fly according to aerodynamic boffins (generally found down the pub). Wish someone had told this 'un before he chose to become acquainted with my stirrup and drum.

I wear ear plugs now!

A Yerbury
01-04-2005, 07:55 PM
I wear bees, a closer aproximation and they love the wax.

Richard_S
01-04-2005, 08:02 PM
I wear bees, a closer aproximation and they love the wax.

boom boom :rolleyes:

you must be tired !

Julie
01-04-2005, 08:02 PM
You're on a roll boyz go on take over the thread with your oh so whitty banter..........Or Hey...you could actually go out and ride your bikes!

Richard_S
01-04-2005, 08:05 PM
i do always love a bit of insight, only next time please don't scoff at my offer of a banana.

oh and :lol:

A Yerbury
01-04-2005, 08:07 PM
You're on a roll boyz go on take over the thread with your oh so whitty banter..........Or Hey...you could actually go out and ride your bikes!

How abzurd, it iz dark and we are drunken and tired.
Alex.
ps you could always join in? you have an excellent and sharp tongue when you chose to employ it.

CraigMac
01-04-2005, 08:11 PM
Riding a bike is a piece of !*!*!*!*, talking about riding a bike is even easier....
But humour and being witty takes a bit of thinking about...
Now can someone help me to get off this high horse....

Mand
01-04-2005, 08:12 PM
Are we talking about trojan horses?

MistaMonsta
01-04-2005, 08:13 PM
It's a yellow bike thing. :p

Definitely!! My old yellow SV used to attract bugs, bees, wasps and anything else remotely creepy crawly by the bucket load, while everyone else's bikes were quite bug-free.
Got a wasp down the back of my jacket and it stung me on the back of my neck. I was riding round a one-way system with junctions and traffic everywhere so couldn't stop. When I did, locals must have wondered who the mad biker was taking his clothes off in a hurry on the road side.
Why do wasps ALWAYS sting just for the hell of it?

Mand
01-04-2005, 08:14 PM
Definitely!! My old yellow SV used to attract bugs, bees, wasps and anything else remotely creepy crawly by the bucket load, while everyone else's bikes were quite bug-free.
Got a wasp down the back of my jacket and it stung me on the back of my neck. I was riding round a one-way system with junctions and traffic everywhere so couldn't stop. When I did, locals must have wondered who the mad biker was taking his clothes off in a hurry on the road side.
Why do wasps ALWAYS sting just for the hell of it?

There is nothing wrong with a mad biker taking his clothes off in a hurry!

MistaMonsta
01-04-2005, 08:20 PM
There is nothing wrong with a mad biker taking his clothes off in a hurry!

On my own? Now if there was an attractive woman involved, running towards me, with large bouncing breasts...

I hoped the bike would help attract women. All I attracted were flies :confused:

A Yerbury
01-04-2005, 09:04 PM
Riding a bike is a piece of !*!*!*!*, talking about riding a bike is even easier....
But humour and being witty takes a bit of thinking about...
Now can someone help me to get off this high horse....

She may be right? all this "look at me and Richard arent we all la da dah" or Dean pretending he has spy kids?! lark...and not to mention Craig pretending he is evil kneevil (sp I know) is all a bit silly really...HEY..lets oh so go around on our bikes?! kewl! we can be a bit like an Enid Blyton crime fighting A team ensemble? and go around on our bikes for a bit too! and have cuppas and laffs. Seriously guys, most young women talk a lot of crazy stuff but this could be the real deal? hey, at least lets give it a try eh?
Alex.
ps keep it real and keep monstering.
pps I am scared of horses.
ppps and women with big hands.
pppps and lists.

Richard_S
01-04-2005, 09:37 PM
the ladder falls and the tears roll.

A Yerbury
01-04-2005, 09:47 PM
ohmigod she is like such a muthafukin bitch! Imean rillly?! huh? S'like "Earth calling planet billyidol chick" and she has soooo left the builing in YAH! tha Eighties?! already.... I guess she's riding the monster although I prefer Pearl diving and yanking the velvet like yooo brit guys say! I gotta fly kiddo, that fat guy todally banned my ass and kerbdog are playing the slaughterhouse5 on lexington...-yawn- Is that pope guy dead yet?
I miss you "cants" as you guys say!
big kiss on all your pink bits billy the kid!
yowsa and ciaosa! jeez they say poetry is dead huh..
Penny.

sorry folks, she has a mind of her own............
apologies.
Alex.

Banshee
01-04-2005, 09:51 PM
I put my lid down on the pub lawn and had ants all the way home..
Rutland Water that was it... Sorry ants one mo in a lawn next in a shell garage forecourt.. oh im pissed by the way.

Richard_S
01-04-2005, 09:54 PM
I looked over and saw Wally grin!

oh and bike riding is dangerous btw

doofles & co. x

trust you to get in the bloody way again. I dunno a baxster man through and through. I can assure you that its NOT all about the 2.7 :rolleyes:

Banshee
01-04-2005, 10:01 PM
im a jag man now.. a special edition x type r...fully loaded one of only 12 made. 4 coke holders and a built in phone to die for.... :rolleyes:

Richard_S
01-04-2005, 10:05 PM
can someone else do the injection? I have dealt with too many already today.

a jaguar is a boat that invariably sinks. I would have loved a tatty old one but fortunately I was thrown different dice just in time. happy sailing sailor just don't forget the cardigan and milk bottled blinkers and steer well clear of anything curly, except sue, who was a thoroughly depressing lay but poilte none the less.

er hello, is there anybody out there? just knock if you can hear me....

I will chastise you more in a few weeks on this subject but for now I have a secret meeting with a man with a hat and a lady with 9 furry tails.

oh and keep meowing in that very feminine jaguar kind of a way :D

Banshee
01-04-2005, 10:21 PM
what can i say, lookin forward to drinkin with ya babe, i hear from uncle yerb you are a chunky jumper bitter drinker. so way hey lets dance. :rolleyes:

Richard_S
01-04-2005, 10:25 PM
you think you might be hated on the forum, i have to have a fight at arrow mill, it aint my bag but hey hum.

surely you meant ho hum? do get it right dear boy! Fightings for girls, I prefer to conquer. Ciao x

Richard_S
01-04-2005, 10:39 PM
maybe tomorrow.

we will see which side I rise from and how many larks are singing.

on a serious note, don't be rude. It’s unnecessary and impolite.

now go stand in the corner.

Banshee
01-04-2005, 10:51 PM
im the man , !*!*!*!* you. :rolleyes:

scrumpster
01-04-2005, 11:55 PM
Amazing, you lot are absolutely amazing!! I go for a curry, get home and can't make head nor tail of the thread...... :rolleyes: I think the weekender is going to be an education at the very least!!! :confused:

Collie_dog
02-04-2005, 12:30 AM
I think the weekender is going to be an education at the very least!!! :confused:

What ever you do don't point a camera or camcorder at Banshee, otherwise he may attempt to jump off his bike again....look mum no hands!!! :D

Richard_S
02-04-2005, 10:20 AM
or decorum :rolleyes:

Banshee
02-04-2005, 10:25 AM
I'll have you know my house has recently been decorated.....

A Yerbury
02-04-2005, 11:27 AM
by your good self no doubt, so expect a grossly inflated bill, a space where your matsui 5.1 system was and signs that workmen types have been at your wifes knickers......

A Yerbury
02-04-2005, 11:34 AM
I put my lid down on the pub lawn and had ants all the way home..
Rutland Water that was it... Sorry ants one mo in a lawn next in a shell garage forecourt.. oh im pissed by the way.

You probably are, but 2 cans of stella or not you still make less sense than a village idiot with special needs. Berk...(and coward!)