PDA

View Full Version : Are there any car dealers here?

Nonnie
31-03-2005, 06:16 PM
I'm looking to p/x 2 cars and hopefully get one I do want to drive. Nothing posh or owt. PM if you can help please.

Richard_S
31-03-2005, 07:32 PM
I can get you a very bad price; do yourself a big favour and sell it privately. We regularly pull peoples pants down (as with every dealer) and with the difference you may be able to get that extra special set of dice. Trust me.

Nonnie
31-03-2005, 07:46 PM
Trust me.
Implicitly. Was hoping to get a minimum part exchange thing with one of the cars and sell the other to make up the difference? One isn't worth very much y'see?

Richard_S
31-03-2005, 07:59 PM
you’d be better treating yourself to the cabriolet moment. roll cage, devilish momentum and some pasties for half time. However if that’s the deal your looking for then p/x price is irrelevant ; they will just give you the £500-1000 and you can trade in your old roller skates instead

Nonnie
31-03-2005, 08:07 PM
I'd be well chuffed to get £500 for it! It's a pile of !*!*!*!*.

Richard_S
31-03-2005, 08:29 PM
its fairly standard these days, just equates to more of a subtle discount off the new one. easier for accounting you see. Not sure if that scheme is still running but if we are talking banger massiffze then the good old govt gave you some wedge to get the bloody thing off the road and crushed.

Nonnie
31-03-2005, 08:35 PM
Took it for it's MOT last month and it passed after having £12.77 worth of work done to it!

Richard_S
31-03-2005, 08:44 PM
jesus ive gotta move :rolleyes:

the last thirteen whole English pounds that I spent was for something of far greater worthlessness. in fact can you even get a damned wiped blade for that? do you have an "angle" on the guy? Dark glasses and a notebook of tell tell tales. Gotcha :eek:

Nonnie
31-03-2005, 08:58 PM
OK, here's the low down...

Last year I took it there for it's MOT and it failed because of lack of washer motors, they told me to go buy them privately as it was cheaper so I came back the next week and only had a couple of hours spare for them to do the retest which should have been ample. Some left hand seal thing had been replaced the week before and by the time I'd gone back, the right hand one had gone too so it was delayed. I had to go so, bless them, they got a mechanic to drive me to where I needed to be, wait for me and bring me back. When I got into the car the mechanic told me it was the area managers car and looking at the information around me, I deduced he was actually living in it. I asked the mechanic when the area managers wife had thrown him out, "Last week, love" was the reply. Well, I got to where I was going, picked up what I needed and went to put it in the boot and was confronted by a pair of not particularly clean underpants. When we got back to the garage, I asked the mechanic which one was the manager, he duly pointed him out and I tapped him on the shoulder and whispered "nice pants mate". Unfortunately he was standing next to an inspector from the ministry of transport and because my car had had over a week since it's first MOT, he insisted it needed a full retest. When they were done with it, I was not charged with any of the work they had done that day or for the MOT. They like me there, we have secrets!

Richard_S
31-03-2005, 09:02 PM
knew it! a well connected woman if ever I’ve half met one.

give yourself an extra titanium coloured star, moments like that are to be cherished. I am still waiting on a full report ref sloth btw?! do hurry what with the recent "chat" outside my feet are cold and I am generally dishevelled.

A Yerbury
31-03-2005, 09:02 PM
the world is indeed a stage! all this from a trip to the garage. splendid stuff.

A Yerbury
31-03-2005, 09:04 PM
OK, here's the low down...

Last year I took it there for it's MOT and it failed because of lack of washer motors, they told me to go buy them privately as it was cheaper so I came back the next week and only had a couple of hours spare for them to do the retest which should have been ample. Some left hand seal thing had been replaced the week before and by the time I'd gone back, the right hand one had gone too so it was delayed. I had to go so, bless them, they got a mechanic to drive me to where I needed to be, wait for me and bring me back. When I got into the car the mechanic told me it was the area managers car and looking at the information around me, I deduced he was actually living in it. I asked the mechanic when the area managers wife had thrown him out, "Last week, love" was the reply. Well, I got to where I was going, picked up what I needed and went to put it in the boot and was confronted by a pair of not particularly clean underpants. When we got back to the garage, I asked the mechanic which one was the manager, he duly pointed him out and I tapped him on the shoulder and whispered "nice pants mate". Unfortunately he was standing next to an inspector from the ministry of transport and because my car had had over a week since it's first MOT, he insisted it needed a full retest. When they were done with it, I was not charged with any of the work they had done that day or for the MOT. They like me there, we have secrets!

Attention moderators, it looks like we have a real live one here.