PDA

View Full Version : Twin Disc Conversion

ChrisM
31-03-2005, 11:59 AM
Hi

In need of some help. I am after a twin disc conversion for a 600 monster, 2000 model. Or advice over which parts from other bikes will fit.

I am new to this site and glad I found it. Nat sorted me out with a performance tacho unit and saved me a bundle. Thanks for that.

Many thanks

Chris

Jamcoly
31-03-2005, 12:25 PM
bigger master cylinder is the bit most forget about

NattyBoy
31-03-2005, 01:26 PM
Hi Chris

Firstly..why the upgrade ? If its for better road performance and you havent already got the kit, id bang on some braided hos and get some decent pads. I tracked an M600 and with the above, this was more than adequate !!

If you are adamant about going twin disc youve probably picked a bad time as with the advent of the desmodue 600/620 race series..everyones after a twin disc upgrade before the season starts !!!!

Calipers are easy enough to find..the other disc and upgraded master cylinder are a little trickier. You could try Jim @ Bike enders or Rich @ Louigi Moto (07775557797) as they normally have stuff knocking about ! Its a pretty easy conversion BTW (assuming youve got the caliper mountings on teh other fork that is !!)

All the best
Nat

Dark-Jon
31-03-2005, 01:40 PM
I got most of my bits of off fleabay.

2 x discs from an Aprilia RSV Mille (same as all late Duc's with the 320mm discs but have black Ali carriers)

2 x Callipers from the same bike. You'll need to check the distance between the calliper mounting holes, 40mm on early bikes, 65mm on later bikes. I think most of the Duc and Aprilia superbikes have the larger 65mm.

Larger Master Brake Cylinder & lever as fitted to any of the Duc bikes with the twin discs (anything that has the round remote reservoir, not the black coffin type you already have). Got mine off of an Aprilia Falco, again most of the Aprilia and Duc master cylinders are the same. Just be aware that you will need a different clamp part as the superbike ones won't have the mirror mount on it. Aprilia ones are also black with silver levers if you're worried about colour matching...

You'll need various calliper retaining bolts and disc bolts, see Stuart @ Spareshack, sorted me out on these a treat :) (a few quid for the lot)

Twin lines and fittings. Braided hoses are best and can be gotten from most decent bike shops. Could always try Spareshack for OEM parts, not sure on cost.

If you do search eBay, try to search for Aprilia parts, dont seem as pricey as having Ducati in the title. Most of the RSV Mille, Falco and even the RS250 stuff will fit, especially the discs. Just watch the calliper mounting hole spaces though. At the end of the day they're all made by Brembo so should fit fine.

DJ :) :burnout:

ChrisM
31-03-2005, 01:42 PM
Thanks for the advice, only after them for cosmetic reasons. I like the look of the twin disc.

Thanks

Chris

Dark-Jon
31-03-2005, 01:44 PM
Thanks for the advice, only after them for cosmetic reasons. I like the look of the twin disc.

Thanks

Chris

Sadly me too. I can vouch for the effectivness of single discs though, never had any problems braking into corners at the track day against those with twin discs. Just issues with my bottle :o

DJ

A Yerbury
31-03-2005, 06:00 PM
The coffin type was fitted to the early 9 s the s2 so they should be up to it, you just need the oblivious and a double banjo, although as natt states the braid helps, I have a goodridge but I also have leaky forks which don't help. the new gold something pads are good (ebc?) my mech chap fitted a patten version just as good and 5 quid less.
Alex>
ps the new improved deluxe auto censor has a problem with d i c k it seems? I know the feeling, why only the other day etc....