PDA

View Full Version : Corse Stripes

Plum
31-03-2005, 09:02 AM
I have asked another member about this, i just want to know what the sizes are on the Corse stripes. I need the sizes for the main stripe, pin stripes and the space between the two. The sizes i was given sound about right, but i just want to be sure before i go and get these cut

Ta

L

claicerrig
31-03-2005, 11:48 AM
Plum i just bought a full set off Ebay

If i get a chance to log on @home i will measure them up and post here for all ok :)

Pedro
31-03-2005, 12:06 PM
Wassup, do you doubt my word!!!

Actually kinda guessed so probably a smart thing to ask someone that knows.....

:D
Ped

Plum
31-03-2005, 12:11 PM
Wassup, do you doubt my word!!!

Actually kinda guessed so probably a smart thing to ask someone that knows.....

:D
Ped

No dont doubt it, but i am sure if i get it slightly wrong, it will be picked up by a sharp eyed monsterer. Suppose it doesnt matter really as its only covering the !*!*!*!* job on the tank anyways...... Oh BTW Pedro, i managed to get me a garage, so i have no excuses now for not getting things done....other than it has no power but its a start......and i am in my bed dying at the moment. Thank god for the laptop

claicerrig
31-03-2005, 09:24 PM
Ok here are the measurments that are on my peice of course stripping

outside edge to outside egde 92 mm
gap of 4 mm from inner edge of small stripe to outer edge of center stripe
centre stripe width 78mm

Hope this help you out Plum

:) :)

A Yerbury
31-03-2005, 09:33 PM
get some fablon, a scalpel, a steel rule and make your own stripes? that way your bike won't say " I just paid a lot of money for some coloured sellotape" seriously it is easy and I have had a "proper kit" and the homebase stuff. for the bona fide aspect the corse shields are always on ebay for about a fiver.
Alex -racing stripes, not very racing- bike Yerbury

Julie
01-04-2005, 06:05 AM
get some fablon, a scalpel, a steel rule and make your own stripes? that way your bike won't say " I just paid a lot of money for some coloured sellotape" seriously it is easy and I have had a "proper kit" and the homebase stuff. for the bona fide aspect the corse shields are always on ebay for about a fiver.
Alex -racing stripes, not very racing- bike Yerbury
yes but when the sun shines on the fablon alex it will shrink and leave you a nice sticky mess around the edges....and can also bubble.

Best do a proper job to make the bike look good not a cheapy cheap job.

I have the corse stripe on my dark, i notice there are two sizes a thick stripe set and a thin stripe set. one is sold on e-bay and that the thinner stripe (i have a set of them) and a thicker one sold from a ducati place (which are the ones on m bike)

Do you want me to measure both?

claicerrig
01-04-2005, 11:22 AM
I just bit my Tongue at the comments made!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :p