PDA

View Full Version : Rear shock play !

Kev Bunney
25-03-2005, 06:24 PM
Seem to have movement / play in the bottom bush on my rear shocker, anyone know if the bushes can be renewed ? may even upgrade to an after market jobbie, who`s done this ? what`s the one to go for ? Ohlins, WP, or ??? you tell me !

Richard_S
25-03-2005, 06:32 PM
adopts heavy northern jim bowen accent "now lets see what you could have won"

A Yerbury
25-03-2005, 06:51 PM
ohlins nice and same price as the monster one (ish) there was that company in mcn a few months back? 280? red spring boing and nice. I got a replacement ebay, 25 quid, it would have been 20 but albie was titting about. people upgrade so the standard ones are on there quite regular like.
Alex.
IMO obviously, but then you all know what Im like.

stuartg
25-03-2005, 07:16 PM
I have a standard shock from a '98 600 Monster currently on e-bay if your interested. Upgraded to an Ohlins. Too early to give any feed back on performance.

Albie
25-03-2005, 07:57 PM
ohlins nice and same price as the monster one (ish) there was that company in mcn a few months back? 280? red spring boing and nice. I got a replacement ebay, 25 quid, it would have been 20 but albie was titting about. people upgrade so the standard ones are on there quite regular like.
Alex.
IMO obviously, but then you all know what Im like.
I wanted it to matey. Still a bargain

Albs :D :rolleyes:

Duncan
25-03-2005, 10:29 PM
Seem to have movement / play in the bottom bush on my rear shocker, anyone know if the bushes can be renewed ? may even upgrade to an after market jobbie, who`s done this ? what`s the one to go for ? Ohlins, WP, or ??? you tell me !

Kev

Did the bushes on mine last year, only problem now is whole shock needs recharging and overhauling but its 45,000 miles old so not unexpected.

Depending on year and shock model will determine spares availability. Mine was a 900 Dark from 99 but had the ally swingarm and fully adjustable Sachs Boges unit and the microfiche never even yielded the correct part. Riders bristol e mailed Italy who didnt recognise the bush, nor did Sachs so ended up at friendly bearing supplier then pressed out adaptor pieces and refitted. cost about £20 skinned knuckles and loads of grief.

Wish I had given shock absorber to expert for revalving and new spring at same time and let them have hassle.
And heres a crafty bodge to get you going because the bushes are only worn in one plane. Mark position of bushes take bushes out and turn 90 degrees before pushing back in. Should get you next 2 MOT's.

A Yerbury
27-03-2005, 04:35 PM
I wanted it to matey. Still a bargain

Albs :D :rolleyes:

you bugger! pushing me up to my max bid before posting a "will it work" post up on here! I have forgiven you (just, but 5 poonds woth of ale at the weekend will square your balance sheet nicely)

ps. our keveeen! I saw a shock earlier for £7.50? I would get in their quick before Albie drives the price up.......... :rolleyes:

ciao.

NattyBoy
27-03-2005, 04:55 PM
The factory are clearing out some OE 888 rear showa units with remote reservoir (fully adjustable) . Ive order a few but wont know if I will get them for a couple of weeks or so....these will go straight on the earlier monnies and you can mount the remote reservoir to the frame..

Cheers
Nat

A Yerbury
27-03-2005, 06:55 PM
hagon were the others. red and a good price.