PDA

View Full Version : handlebars

sjr999r
25-03-2005, 06:20 PM
thinkin of getting 'Renthal' handlebars (in black off course!)......what ones do u ppl recc???????????????????????????Been told that '65' are good comprimise
sjr999r :burnout:

Richard_S
25-03-2005, 06:29 PM
i never compromise except where black is concerned. what you really need is a set of tinker bell hard gums. Its only a suggestion so please don't get upset.
I have never seen or enjoyed the benefit of aftermarket bars. Maybe its because I am a bit old fashioned and worry about the level of impact protection afforded where my rather poor craftsmanship is concerned. Or it could be because I have fairly a good service from the ones crafted by "Fabio 10.05.03" (i would love to meet him, bless the personal touch and the Italian way)

sjr999r
25-03-2005, 06:32 PM
er thanks............for the laff...but not very useable info!!!
anyone got any sensible ideas/answers
sjr999r

Richard_S
25-03-2005, 06:34 PM
always glad to be useful. happy hunting.

DesmoDog
26-03-2005, 04:46 PM
I've got Renthal 65s on. I think. Hard to tell because I inherited them and there's numbers on the bars and the tension bar. Anyway they're matt silver with a black bar, which loks pretty natty. They're ok, but I feel like I'm sitting up more, so I'm replacing them with a set of clip ons. Check with Celt, he's got them too and he'll talk more sense.

The Kevlar Kid
27-03-2005, 10:21 AM
I have Renthals on mine (no brace bar), in a dark grey / charcoal colour.

Not sure what '65' refers to though (doesn't mention it on my packaging), mine are 'Ultra-low', which equates to about the same rise as the standard bars and a bit narrower if that helps.

Scotty
27-03-2005, 11:33 AM
i changed from standard to renthals once upon a time , errm they were much straighter than standard made the steering 'different' , im sure someone will warn about needing longer cables for the controls but i never had that problem (on an old 600 and celt managed on the new errm 620 ?)

id give it a go you can always go back

DesmoDog
27-03-2005, 03:50 PM
Anyone seen drag bars? Is this hijacking?

Scotty
27-03-2005, 04:11 PM
i imagine there about the same angle but with out the rise , a half way shouse between riser bars and clipons ?

A Yerbury
27-03-2005, 04:26 PM
why renthals? the position is not that different from the standard? Karl do you still want this headlight rim? pm your address (again) if you do as I have a habit of throwing usefull information away, it's a bit northern If I remember and you only receive 2 hours of daylight? or is that because of your solitary confinement order?

Yours with a gleaming rim.
A verbally Yerbury.

spacemonkey
28-03-2005, 10:02 PM
I shoved on Renthals recently merely because I wanted a pale gold aheen to my bars instead of the yawnworthy silver. They are about the same only a smidgeon wider, so cabling etc is fine. Did however manage to fall foul of the fabled starter/ignition-wire-chaffing-on-the-headstock problem, but i suspect that it had already occurred waiting for a suitable opportunity to throw it's rattle.