PDA

View Full Version : Yummy NEW FORUM FOR S4R's

Boon
24-03-2005, 05:49 AM
Thank you O BIG BOSS for this Forum Nice One ! :D

Albie
24-03-2005, 05:08 PM
Knock Knock. :eek: Can I come in here. Thanks. Oooh its luvly in this forum. Bling bling. :D Spoilt Brat :D :D :D :rolleyes: :p

Only joking you know.

Good to know thing can change. Well done.
:D :D

Boon
24-03-2005, 05:24 PM
LOL So How many have got a S4R ? :burnout:

NattyBoy
24-03-2005, 07:19 PM
IMMMMM HEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRREEEEEEEEEEEEE !!! :D

No aircooled dinosaurs in here eh lads??!... :lol: (only joking !!)

Nat

fatbloke
24-03-2005, 07:39 PM
LOL So How many have got a S4R ? :burnout:
In UKMOC? 85 so far

Richard_S
24-03-2005, 07:52 PM
all the toys and none of the temprement. reminds me of a story about a guy named Jack but I fear this is not the place. I will leave with a quick suggestion, inclusion makes the man and penny sweets should never be purchased.

have fun and be careful guys, too much oomph and you may go poomph

ciao

CK & AK
24-03-2005, 08:44 PM
In UKMOC? 85 so far
is that people who ever use the site Terry tho? - as members - or guests? (if guests, then they aint members?)

Having spent an idle few minutes looking into the members lists, there are many many people who have never posted.
Look closer at these same people, and they were 'last active' on the day they registered - and many of these 'registrations' are more than a year old - if not more than 2 years old.

There are a dozen or more that I can recall - having known them slightly - who dont now have a monster - and havent used this site since they sold their bike.

I know this has been a thorny subject on & off (innit GT?) - but any chance it could now be considered to do some 'spring cleaning'
- and remove people from the members list?

The only criterion would be those who have got zero posts combined with the factor of whose last activity was in excess of more than 1 year?

This is the type of thing I mean:

http://www.ukmonster.co.uk/monster/member.php?u=1190

This one joined & has never posted or been back on forum since the day he registered. There is at least one like this per page (taken from a random selection of pages) that I have found.

In most other clubs (Ok, the UKMOC isnt 'most other clubs' - I know, I know!) you have to renew membership annually, but surely someone who hasnt used the boards & also never posted in 2 years, couldnt really be considered to be a member now?

Your thoughts? :confused:

fatbloke
24-03-2005, 09:08 PM
Whats that got to do with how many S4r's in UKMOC?
surley thats a new thread?

CK & AK
24-03-2005, 09:13 PM
ok, will do new thread :rolleyes:

just that the link was directly focussed at an S4R person :lol:

Albie
25-03-2005, 02:18 AM
Oi ck get outa here you have no watercooled lumps. Oh well perhaps maybe :eek: You know what I mean. Oh I shouldn't be here either. S4 owner :D :D

S4R Dude
17-04-2005, 08:17 PM
How about an S4R only meet?

JONJAR
18-04-2005, 03:23 PM
Is the S4R really any better than the S4, apart from the look of the single swing arm? :burnout:

logyk
18-04-2005, 03:33 PM
Yep! :burnout: :burnout: :burnout:

NattyBoy
18-04-2005, 03:39 PM
Is the S4R really any better than the S4, apart from the look of the single swing arm? :burnout:

Erm..is that a trick question ???! Doubt youll get many people in the S4R forum saying no...!! ;)

Is the 996 a better bike than the 916?..course it is..its all about evolution. S4R has better riding position/forks/suspension/power etc. Doesnt mean that the 916 or S4 are bad bikes.

Us current S4R owners will be in the same boat when Ducati (undoubtedly) launch the S4R with the testastretta motor !!

Cheers
Nat

JONJAR
18-04-2005, 04:35 PM
Oh dear, I think this post could be costing me a lot of money!! :mad:

NattyBoy
18-04-2005, 04:37 PM
Thats my boy !! :D

Nat

Boon
22-04-2005, 10:32 PM
My new and improved S4r its got JHP full system with carbon cans and powercomander + Dp Monza Bellypan + Arrows stering damper + S4R rearsets by Cyclecat - DRS53 from Spareshack Thanx Stu + JHP Hugger + JHP cluch and cover + a JHP sprocket cover New D.I.D Gold chain + R&G mushy's and 1 or 6 things on order i.e carbon slim backend Billet indercators and bits.

Mand
23-04-2005, 07:45 AM
You do indeed a truly lovely bike, but I must say this:

CLEAN YOUR PIPES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It just takes a bit of elbow grease and autosol! ;)

Boon
23-04-2005, 07:55 AM
lol sorry mand I shell get right on it lol :D

But after paying for all the bits I dont think I have the dosh to pay for some Autosol ! :D

Mand
23-04-2005, 03:09 PM
lol sorry mand I shell get right on it lol :D

But after paying for all the bits I dont think I have the dosh to pay for some Autosol ! :D

Not surprised! I nearly fainted when you told me how much your rear sets were! You are indeed forgiven. :p

logyk
23-04-2005, 03:56 PM
You do indeed a truly lovely bike, but I must say this:

CLEAN YOUR PIPES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It just takes a bit of elbow grease and autosol! ;)

You should set up in business cleaning pipes Mand......you would make a fortune ! :D

fuggie
23-05-2005, 11:52 PM
:cool: :bunny: I'd be up for that. :burnout: :burnout: :twisted:

Lizard_King
21-06-2005, 06:44 PM
Just had to post what has to be my first post since about 2002...cos my spanking new S4R is ready for collection this Thursday and i can hardly keep myself in my pants! :)

Its the all black version...in homage to my faithful old 600dark which sadly bit the dust in Feb after a coming together with a dithering sales rep in an Audi...only mods i've ordered with it are the obligatory termis and chip.

I just hope my bank balance can cope with the punishment....so many trick bits to buy but where to start? Any suggestions?

......god i cant wait!!! :D

P.S. Any other S4R owners in Darzet? ;)

Bunny
21-06-2005, 06:52 PM
:D I be from Darzet - is that close ? :D

NattyBoy
22-06-2005, 06:09 AM
You NEEEEDD a steering damper..oh and a 14T front sprocket.. :twisted:

Cheers
Nat

farl
22-06-2005, 09:06 AM
Nat, you got any steering dampers on the go??

S4R Dude
22-06-2005, 10:29 AM
I too am mostly from Dorset....

Lizard_King
22-06-2005, 03:52 PM
Steering damper...hmm, good plan. Spareshack the place for that or has anyone any better sources? (Natty??)

Hi Bunny/S4R Dude....anywhere in Darzet is close, do any of you frequent Poole Quay on a Tuesday...I know its gone a bit downhill of recent years though (since the local Tourism dept decided to use the event as means to raise funds for christmas jollies!)

1 day to go!!!! :D

NattyBoy
22-06-2005, 06:06 PM
Im currently trying to source some more (cheap ;) ) DP carbon adjustable ones like mine (see att.)..but the factory are a nightmare to get hold of this time of the year..ill let you all know on here if I get any. Stu at spareshack also does a fine range of dampers..

Cheers
Nat

Little Monster
22-06-2005, 09:48 PM
, too much oomph and you may go poomph

ciao

that's a winner of a phrase

bet it gets used during the next crackdown on speeding/drink driving at xmas/work:life balance promotion

S4R Dude
24-06-2005, 05:29 PM
Hi, nope stopped doing the Quay now. Tooooo organised and signs everywhere stopping you just abandoning the bike where you like to enjoy the evening, shame really.