PDA

View Full Version : Help And advice please

claicerrig
23-03-2005, 01:04 PM
Hi Any one out there in monster land HELP ME :(

For the Second Time in 6 wks my Monster has burnt out the side stand switch and cables :eek: :eek: :eek:

It an 01 S4 challange
It has a cycle cat side stand to help lift it up from that silly lean angle and a bypass switch to help aide starting and warm up

What i was wandering is !! Is it possable for the switch to be rotated 2 far foreward so creating the short ??

This morning i parked up on a hill bike pointing up slope put side stand down and the bike moved backwards 2"-3" down slope. Go back to bike after 1hr turn ignition ,it turns over once stops and then the smoke starts and the wires melt :eek: :eek:

Any ideas accepted please

Clai

Byron Kauffman
23-03-2005, 03:21 PM
Clai;

I just removed the switch completely and wired it to not need the switch. It was back in 02 that I did this so I dont remember if you connect the wires or just let the circuit open but you can figure that out in a few minutes. Of course the draw back is if you forget and leave the stand down. So far I am OK on this from all the years training on old bikes.

Scotty
23-03-2005, 09:04 PM
need to stick a piece of wire in to bridge the gap in holes 1 and 2 (i think) in the connector further up this is the future

claicerrig
24-03-2005, 07:03 AM
Thanks Guy`s :) :)

Will get on to do that later on today if i get time.

All this nice weather i need to get out and do more dry miles rather than all these wet ones :eek: