PDA

View Full Version : Grunters avatar.........

Tigerlily
22-03-2005, 09:00 PM
Am I the only one who misses Grunters avatar?

It never failed to make me chuckle and the forum just doesn't seem the same without it :(

Please bring it back!....... (I don't like change, it scares me!)

DesmoDom
22-03-2005, 09:37 PM
Bring it back Grant,
there's nothing wrong with a bit of good old British schoolboy toilet humour, made me grin also, each time I saw it. :D :D :D

Baz

The Kevlar Kid
22-03-2005, 09:52 PM
Yeah... Come on lets have it..... :D

Tigerlily
23-03-2005, 09:45 AM
I hope you're watching this thread Grunter because it's unanimous so far!!

Are you convinced enough to bring it back yet?......

Go on!!!...................you know you wanna do it!!! :D :D

A Yerbury
23-03-2005, 09:58 AM
whilst I am an admirer of slapstick humour I would not like to see that avatar again, this has nothing to do with taste or decency it is simply that on the 100000 viewing the joke has become a bit thin? How about a cartoon of someone farting their ears off instead?
The Alex Whitehouse experience

SAMMYE
23-03-2005, 10:20 AM
whilst I am an admirer of slapstick humour I would not like to see that avatar again, this has nothing to do with taste or decency it is simply that on the 100000 viewing the joke has become a bit thin? How about a cartoon of someone farting their ears off instead?
The Alex Whitehouse experience

*Sammye spits* thats your swimming pool that is!

Lady-Bob
23-03-2005, 10:55 AM
Couldn't have been that great - I can't remember what his avatar looked like :lol:

A Yerbury
23-03-2005, 11:10 AM
Impertinent child, spitting is an extremely vulgar pastime young Samuel Teats! will you kindly desist from doing so?! whilst I appreciate that life is difficult for you and I realise that you are quite keen to impress some of the bigger boys this spitting is an horrible habit.
AY.

nik_the_brief
23-03-2005, 12:15 PM
Sorry - I know I sound like a killljoy but it's not unanimous.

I found Grant's avatar to be both distasteful and vulgar (hark at me with my airs and graces especially when you see my own avatar). My kids liked it a bit too much for my liking when they looked over my shoulder as I was perusing the site.

The potential corruption of minors is not, however, the reason that I found it inappropriate. I have read a great many threads (and a received a number of PM's) along the lines of the UKMOC forum being a shop window for the club. A shop window often browsed by inter alia Ducati and Ducati UK and therefore we all need to be good little boys and girls and to 'conform' to certain standards. They have gone on to comment that this is the reason it is imperative that a good impression is given to these viewers by forum users in what they post and how they conveythemselves in this virtual world.

My personal opinion is that if you intend to maintain this good image it is inappropriate for one of the more senior members (and an administrator to boot) to display an avatar that has the capacity to cause offence.

Fodder
23-03-2005, 03:33 PM
Don't really care, it was the guy on the toilet with the exploding head right?

Maybe society has desensitised me but I've never really given it a second look, someone mailed me the original animation a few years back, that was quite funny at the time. Offended :eek: by a flash animation? are you sure?
Bring it back.

LeMarsu
27-03-2005, 09:48 AM
Got over excited in cleaning up....
sorry

Didge
27-03-2005, 09:54 AM
Got over excited in cleaning up....
sorry

You Berk LeMarsu......You'll probably get a damn good whipping now. (Verbally, that is). :rolleyes: