PDA

View Full Version : Cans for an M600

Blue Beastie
22-03-2005, 09:10 AM
So is there a particular set I should look for that make the most of the 600?

Also wondered if any engine adjustment required on a 96 M600 after fitting cans and possibly a K&N.

I've seen Ducati Performance parts on ebay including some fine looking cans, both hi-level and normal. Just not sure what to go for really as I am totally new to the monster. In fact I don't even get it until Sunday but already lookng forward to accessorising!!!

Any advice much appreciated.

A Yerbury
22-03-2005, 09:24 AM
well you'll do all this and want a 9oo in about a year..dont say I did'nt say! Anyway back to the questions, Some cans are pricier but a lot of that is branding, a can is a very simple item to make after all!? sil, remus, bos, leo Vince, micron etc etc all much of a muchness really and 200-400 depending on new 2nd hand or made of carbon/titanium. I prefer carbon as it doesnt get hot, it's light and is "simply fuss free" to clean. High levels tend to be about 50-100 more, if you lop the tail off some of them can stick out a bit..notably termis not so much sil and micron. No real adjustment with the cans needed but if you carve up the box and fit some kn needles then a dyno run tweak would be worthwhile. A 14 tooth front sprocket is one of the best and cheapest mods for all sizes of monster, you loose a bit at the top (you have the vfr for that) but it pulls a lot better lower down.
Alex.
ps I do hope it is not yellow!

Blue Beastie
22-03-2005, 09:42 AM
Cheers for the info Alex.

It's black so was thinking high level carbon. I'll just need to keep my eyes open for a second hand set and do some more research.

A Yerbury
22-03-2005, 09:58 AM
keep an eye on ebay, stu has a sale due so contact spareshack, and I believe that natty"every one a winner"boy had some dp titaniums for sale recently.
Allesandro.

Chappers
22-03-2005, 10:02 AM
I have high level carbon Sils on my Monster 600 (Dark) and I think it looks gorgeous now that I've chopped the tail off too :)

Dark-Jon
22-03-2005, 10:17 AM
You may want to check the pipe connections of any prospective purchase you may find. The later, low level cans slip into the main pipe which has the main clamp on it. The earlier ones have the clamp on the can itself and slip over the main pipe. Not sure about high level ones but you may want to check :)

DJ, standing by to be corrected by someone with more knowledge :D

stef
22-03-2005, 12:43 PM
i have some titanium WRP which i beleive were made by SIL (£175 in as new condition). they are very light (1 original can weight as much as 2 titanium), and they work, as in, they let smoke out the back.. there isn't anything to them,as Alex said.
if u are going low level (i like low level, it works great with the overall bike styling.), you may want to check that they are shorter than stock (about 10cm ?), to improve ground clearance (the link pipe is longer).