PDA

View Full Version : almost wish id stayed in bed

Scotty
21-03-2005, 10:44 AM
enjoyable sunday ride untill the realy 'exciting bit' the M1 home to newcastle just north of leeds got a puncture :(
but not reacting to the odd vibration in the bars quick enough it went pop and took the front mudgard with it :mad: , fortunatly i made it to the hard shoulder and stopped right next to an sos box, wahoo i thought even the AA cant !*!*!*!* up my location with this here (you live and learn) it still took them 2 hours to send a contractor out to us, which was actullay a blessing in a way, cos he would actually take us all the way home for a fee (im too tight to pay the AA any more than the basic rubbish assitance fee) ahh the fee of £234 ummmmm :mad: :mad: :mad:

http://www.ukmonster.co.uk/monster/attachment.php?attachmentid=5624&stc=1

so if anyones got a cf front mudgard gathering dust

also annoying me moster challange sticker was on the mudguard cant, see me getting another one of them

mental note dont try the cunning dehydration idea worst hangover ever and i haven't even been drinking :(

DesmoDog
21-03-2005, 10:52 AM
What a bloody nightmare! Someone was selling a CF front muddy in the for sale section, no mention of price but he pm'd me with the figure of £59 or some such. Go haggle I say.

Tigerlily
21-03-2005, 10:54 AM
:eek: :eek: :eek:

B l o o d y H e l l Scotty.......

Glad you're OK though mate! Well done for keeping it upright!

Rabbit
21-03-2005, 11:07 AM
Hells teeth man, I've never seen a tyre come apart like that before :eek:

Glad you're OK, that's the main thing.

Lost Again
21-03-2005, 02:40 PM
fookin hell mate! never seen one go like that before. as julie said though, at least you stayed upright.
your dehydration idea may not have been the best in the world, but look on the bright side of the day. you didn't p*ss yourself when your tyre went bang!

gary tompkins
21-03-2005, 03:37 PM
Jeez.. what with the 100mph snapped chain at Mallory in 2004, and now this :eek: - I think you are in the running for the UKMOC "Stuntman of the year" award (if we had one) ;)

Glad you are ok

Chappers
21-03-2005, 03:39 PM
Sorry to hear about that, thank god you're ok tho :)

Pedro
21-03-2005, 03:56 PM
Hells teeth Scotty!!

How old was that tyre? I'd say you could have a point of view with the manufacturer as that looks like a fundemental failure of the tyre construction.....

Glad to hear you're ok though, even after open wallet surgery.

Ped

sjr999r
21-03-2005, 04:22 PM
also annoying me moster challange sticker was on the mudguard cant, see me getting another one of them

mental note dont try the cunning dehydration idea worst hangover ever and i haven't even been drinking :([/QUOTE]

take a look at this link to find a new Monster s4 challenge sticker
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=10448&item=7942159527
Glad u didnt end up on ur arse!
sjr999r :burnout:

Scotty
21-03-2005, 08:38 PM

mental note dont try the cunning dehydration idea worst hangover ever and i haven't even been drinking :(

take a look at this link to find a new Monster s4 challenge sticker
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=10448&item=7942159527
Glad u didnt end up on ur arse!
sjr999r :burnout:[/QUOTE]

wow fancy that anyone can have the race'd look