PDA

View Full Version : Mugello in June

Bodge
21-03-2005, 03:43 AM
Hey all,

I am from New Zealand but I will be working in Venice in June and I would like to go to the MotoGP in Mugello - I have searched various websites but I can't see how I can get there... I won't have personal transport and probably won't be able to afford it [Not a good exchange rate for NZ paesos]??? Maybe a scooter? As far as I can see the track is 30kms from the nearest train station.

Has anyone been? Do they have buses or some other form of Public Transport that I can use?

What about hitching?

Thanks in advance
Richard

SAMMYE
21-03-2005, 09:00 AM
Sorry not sure to be honest mate, They must have good public transport I would have thought and if not I wouldnt have thought you would have a problem hitching a lift there

SAMMYE
21-03-2005, 11:44 AM
Mugello incidentally is one of my favourite tracks!!

Richard_S
21-03-2005, 06:25 PM
a friend did it last year and the only complaint was the massive crowds. apparently it is quite possibly the busiest place on earth. he struggled through due to the company of a local sweetie named Tatiana. The Italian spirit and multiple beauty may not calm the sweat but it certainly wets the imagination.

A Yerbury
21-03-2005, 06:30 PM
a friend did it last year and the only complaint was the massive crowds. apparently it is quite possibly the busiest place on earth. he struggled through due to the company of a local sweetie named Tatiana. The Italian spirit and multiple beauty may not calm the sweat but it certainly wets the imagination.

sadly many of these haunts would be more popular if fewer people went..I love crowds, espescially when armed.
Alex.
ps watch it on "television" instead, otherwise I am sure that public transport for one of the worlds biggest money spinners has not been overlooked.

Richard_S
21-03-2005, 06:39 PM
having pimped it up at the Monaco GP last year I would have to disagree. Suited my temprement very well. God bless Cavallino business cards, a charming blazer and spatz over the churchills. Viva live motor sport, champagne dowsed urinals and zoom zoom at 10million decibels.

MotoNik
22-03-2005, 12:36 PM
I went to the MotoGP at Mugello last year, and yes it was very busy (it took us five hours to get out of the car park, and a further three to get on to the Autostrada), but it was well worth it. Possibly the most awesome bike race ever (apart from Imola WSB final - Edwards and Bayliss), in the most beautiful race track setting anywhere.

Have a look on a map, find the Autostrada between Firenze and Bologna - Mugello is just off to the East. You will see Barberino di Mugello (where you leave the Autosrada), and the track is just outside the village of Scarperia.

The roads around the track are tiny, and there is no Police involvement with traffic management. We went in a car and it was hideous getting out, but worth it for such a good day. Even the bikes couldn't move for several hours.

As for getting there, get the train to Venice Airport and hire yourself a Seicento and drive down there. Get there REALLY EARLY, and DO NOT park in any of the unofficial car parks either side of the road - due to the density of traffic on the road it will take you forever to get out. Try and park a mile or two from the track - this will reduce the amount of queuing time.

Tickets go on sale around now - I think they released them on April 1st last year, on the Mugello site.

Go - you'll love it!

Nik

Bodge
23-03-2005, 02:27 AM
Cheers Team

So basically I find this Tatiana lass and I am all good...

Shouldn't be too hard - Italy doesn't look that big on the map.

I am definitely going if all else fails I will bloody walk there from the nearest town I can get to - sounds like that could be faster than sitting in traffic...

Is hitching from Firenze a realistic option? Hitching is big in NZ you can basically get yourself around most of the country for a small contribution to to the gas bill here...

MotoNik
23-03-2005, 12:12 PM
Might be easier to rent a car - only about 30 euros a day for a cheap one. Not sure about hitching - you might find yourself attracting the displeasure of the Polizia...