PDA

View Full Version : Suppose you're all out then

Nonnie
19-03-2005, 12:06 PM
The weather is so lovely today and the forum is so quiet, you can all only be out somewhere thrashing the goodness out of your bikes. I am stuck at home. I can hear them all out there and I know, for sure, what envy really feels like. Roll on next weekend. :mad:

sjr999r
19-03-2005, 12:09 PM
am here,but yeah the Forum is quiet!!!!!!,am waiting for the mrs to get off the Train,so i can pick her up,but she txt'd me.wants to go out to the pub on the bike
sjr999r

Nonnie
19-03-2005, 12:11 PM
Oh you're just making it worse for me! Pub gardens, bikes, sunny days..... I can't take much more.

Dear BBC, why oh why oh why did I choose to have kids??? I can't get 3 of em on the back. I could cry!

Nonnie
19-03-2005, 12:12 PM
I used to live in Exeter. Just clocked your location. Lovely place. I had one of the pubs in Alphington. You in town or the sticks?

sjr999r
19-03-2005, 12:16 PM
U got Termis on ur monnie.or any other loud exhaust..go out,warm it up.....give a few good bleedin hand fulls of throttle,works for me!!!!
Yeah am up near the university,its gorgeous weather down aswell,ur bike in the gallery??
sjr999r

Nonnie
19-03-2005, 12:18 PM
Yeah I got termis. Next doors baby is sleeping in the garden tho. I am waiting for some friends to come by for coffee on their bikes which is going to make me practically suicidal!

sjr999r
19-03-2005, 12:21 PM
what year is ur 620ie..because...check out this link http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=7962579429&ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT
sjr999r

scrumpster
19-03-2005, 12:22 PM
I been without my baby for 3 weeks now and going stir crazy. All I gotta do is clean the house :rolleyes: Should get her back this week, ready for Easter....woo hoo! No pub for me either, off to the gym instead! What a muppet Eh!!!!!

Nonnie
19-03-2005, 12:23 PM
Here he is, he looks as miserable as me

Nonnie
19-03-2005, 12:26 PM
I been without my baby for 3 weeks now and going stir crazy. All I gotta do is clean the house :rolleyes: Should get her back this week, ready for Easter....woo hoo! No pub for me either, off to the gym instead! What a muppet Eh!!!!!

By crikey! Clean my house, look after my kids then I can go play! Oh gwaaaan

Pedro
19-03-2005, 12:31 PM
Hehehehe!

Just fitted some nice new Pirelli Diablos so I'm off to scrub em in!!

Now where are my summer gloves?

Ped

Nonnie
19-03-2005, 12:33 PM
no Pedro No

You have to stay here now you have replied to this thread you are not allowed to go out. Got it?

Lucky lucky lucky lucky lucky beggar. Hmph.

scrumpster
19-03-2005, 12:37 PM
Hehehehe!

Just fitted some nice new Pirelli Diablos so I'm off to scrub em in!!

Now where are my summer gloves?

Ped

Ped i'm jealous!!! If you fancy a cuppa, call round to Lee. Welcome anytime.

Pedro
Look, I've been freezing my a*se off all winter so I'm going out!

So there! End of conversation!

I'll have an extra large Ice Cream on your behalf!!

Ped

sjr999r
ive got a DP filter and open airbox lid for ur bike forsale,if ur interested
Simon sjr999r

scrumpster
19-03-2005, 12:38 PM
Don't do ice creams!

Nonnie
19-03-2005, 12:38 PM
Juan's got Pirelli Diablos too. Aw, I'll have a virtual mint choc chip then I guess.

A Yerbury
19-03-2005, 12:39 PM
I was out, now I'm in but I'm about to go out again....hmmm coast roads..and young womenfolk wearing sheer fabrics.

Nonnie
19-03-2005, 12:41 PM
I was out, now I'm in but I'm about to go out again....hmmm coast roads..and young womenfolk wearing sheer fabrics.

Can't say the womenfolk appeal but the coast roads yes. You're a continental chap yes? I'll have a virtual decent lunch then, and a siesta, and a better way of life.

Nonnie
19-03-2005, 12:46 PM
ive got a DP filter and open airbox lid for ur bike forsale,if ur interested
Simon sjr999r

Not in need of anything right now thanks. I've spent too much money on Juan's cosmetic surgery anyway.

LesPaul
19-03-2005, 01:44 PM
I'm stuck at work till 11pm today and 8:30am till 11pm on Sunday, when the weather man said it was going to be sunny and 20 degrees over the weekend I looked like this :(

Darren

Nonnie
19-03-2005, 03:51 PM
I'm stuck at work till 11pm today and 8:30am till 11pm on Sunday, when the weather man said it was going to be sunny and 20 degrees over the weekend I looked like this :(

Darren

OH MY GOD what the HELL do you do for a living to have to do THAT many hours??? :eek:

Mand
19-03-2005, 04:24 PM
Just left the family to it and done 107 miles today - yeeee hhhhaaaaaa!

Unfortunately got to cook the tea now and go to my other job at 6.30pm :mad:

LesPaul
19-03-2005, 04:29 PM
Work for the University and it's conference time :o Still all the overtime helps keep the Monnie in the manor it's accustom too :D

Darren

Julie
19-03-2005, 04:29 PM
Just left the family to it and done 107 miles today - yeeee hhhhaaaaaa!

Unfortunately got to cook the tea now and go to my other job at 6.30pm :mad:

was it really 107 miles mand, gosh.

Nonnie
19-03-2005, 05:00 PM
Grumble grumble, it's about the time for people to be getting in after a lovely day out, full of beans. I feel persecuted!

A Yerbury
19-03-2005, 05:07 PM
Grumble grumble, it's about the time for people to be getting in after a lovely day out, full of beans. I feel persecuted!

not just full of beans but a rosy wind/sun glow! the benefits of an open face lid.

Albie
19-03-2005, 05:46 PM
Well im back. Had a real good ride to surrey and back.160mls. Short trip today. :D :D

Albie
19-03-2005, 05:48 PM
Don't do ice creams!
Why the hell not woman. :eek: :D I had a white magnum today.. yum :bunny:

Nonnie
19-03-2005, 05:50 PM
Deep in my heart somewhere I am glad you all had fun today, those of you who got out. I could only polish Juan lovingly and cover his ears when bikes went by so he couldn't hear them. Shhhhh baby, we'll be out soon shhhhh.

Albie
19-03-2005, 05:51 PM
Here he is, he looks as miserable as me
Nonnie. Get the grass out the the joints on your slabs if you cant go out. :D :D :rolleyes: :eek: :) :bunny:

Nonnie
19-03-2005, 05:52 PM
Nonnie. Get the grass out the the joints on your slabs if you cant go out. :D :D :rolleyes: :eek: :) :bunny:
:lol: Don't be ridiculous! Cheeky boy.

Albie
19-03-2005, 06:09 PM
Go to photosuite and edit it then. :rolleyes: Hope you have a good day tomorrow then. I have to go out tomorrow again. Where ?? Who cares anywhere with people there. :D

Nonnie
19-03-2005, 06:22 PM
Hey Albie, this any better?!

Pedro
19-03-2005, 06:28 PM
Hey Nonnie

well, I got out today as I said but it wasn't any fun....

Who am I kidding, IT WAS ACE!

New tyres nicely scrubbed in, room in my leather jacket as I only needed a T shirt and fingers I could still feel after a thirty mile trip to Winchester. Then home down someof my fav roads....

:D

Albie
19-03-2005, 06:32 PM
Hey Albie, this any better?!

Fantastic :D :D :D :D :D :D

Nonnie
19-03-2005, 06:32 PM
hola! Evidently I sat at the pc all day :o

gary tompkins
19-03-2005, 07:40 PM
Don't worry Nonnie you werent the only one stuck in today. Spent most of the day in the garage spannering the monster, fettling rear brake and gearchange. I hate bleeding brakes (PITA) still it's worth it as the bikes now A.O.K. for the run tomorrow.

Looking forward to getting out with the Kenties for a run to Sussex in the morning :burnout:

Rabbit
19-03-2005, 08:01 PM
Me and Tigerlily had a nice little run out today, just around the Yorkshire / Lancashire border. Ready for a longer run out tomorrow now :burnout:

Nonnie
19-03-2005, 08:13 PM
Pleeeeeease don't go on about tomorrow because I can't go out then either! I have to wait til next weekend. I remain optimistic the weather will be as good then as it is now.

Albie
19-03-2005, 08:15 PM
:( :( Pleeeeeease don't go on about tomorrow because I can't go out then either! I have to wait til next weekend. I remain optimistic the weather will be as good then as it is now.

Noooooo. You cant stay in. Escape somehow.. PS you started this thread. DOH !! :D :(

Nonnie
19-03-2005, 08:22 PM
:( :(

Noooooo. You cant stay in. Escape somehow.. :(

I am negotiating escape as we speak. Juan needs me. He needs the sun. He told me.

scrumpster
19-03-2005, 09:05 PM
Why the hell not woman. :eek: :D I had a white magnum today.. yum :bunny:

Don't do white chocolate ;) :D

Albie
19-03-2005, 09:53 PM
What do you dooooooooooooo then.Dark chocolate or plain or just an ice pole. :D :D :D

A Yerbury
20-03-2005, 07:48 AM
I'm off to Paris this morning.....will try and do the monster/eifel tower cliche.
Adieu.

Nonnie
20-03-2005, 08:04 AM
I'm off to Paris this morning.....will try and do the monster/eifel tower cliche.
Adieu.
I got stuck in a public toilet there. One of those ones in the street that self clean. I got soaked and couldn't remember the french for "Oh my God, I'm having an emergency, please help." I screamed for a little while but it was clear nobody was going to do anything. It was very embarrasing and I have avoided France ever since on the grounds it's quite likely I'll do something equally stupid. But you have a fun day now d'ya hear? I will be chatting and patting with Juan again waiting for tales of wonderful days out to come pouring in about 6pm.

Albie
20-03-2005, 08:20 AM
Oh my god. I would just love to have seen that. :D :D :D

Nonnie
20-03-2005, 08:26 AM
Oh my god. I would just love to have seen that. :D :D :D
There is photographic evidence of my demise but not in my posession which is a little worrying! Ah well. Have fun blasting through the Kent countryside.

CK & AK
20-03-2005, 08:40 AM
Nonnie - just to let you know that we had a lovely rideout & meet with mates in the warm sun yesterday :p 94 miles to do what is usually a 7 mile trip! :eek:
Capped off with a great nite out at the Sports cafe last night with loads of mates :D - mehtinks Lin (Phoenix) will have a headache this morning! :rolleyes: ;) :D :D

Just going to have brekkie & then off out on the bikes again today, as although cloudy, its not chilly at all. :bunny:

C :burnout:

Mand
20-03-2005, 08:43 AM
was it really 107 miles mand, gosh.

Well it actually 107.5 miles for me. I put my trip switch on before I went out. :)

A shorter trip today though for CHIPS, not rubbing it in or anything...... :p

Nonnie
20-03-2005, 08:59 AM
:p 94 miles to do what is usually a 7 mile trip! :eek:

That's my kind of trip! Hope you have a great day y'all.

Albie
20-03-2005, 03:55 PM
well im back in now absolutely shattered. Only about 130 miles today. Bit low for me. Oh well cheaper on the pocket. :rolleyes: :D

gary tompkins
20-03-2005, 04:15 PM
well im back in now absolutely shattered :rolleyes: :D

Was the cafe a bit too hectic for you today then mate?

Really enjoyed my double soss, bacon egg and beans brunch, and the ride out was pretty damn good too. East coast of Kent next time out? ;)

Nonnie
20-03-2005, 04:18 PM
You're really enjoying this aren't you?! My time will come. :cool:

Albie
20-03-2005, 04:21 PM
Was the cafe a bit too hectic for you today then mate?

Really enjoyed my double soss, bacon egg and beans brunch, and the ride out was pretty damn good too. East coast of Kent next time out? ;)
No but still tired from yesterdays run. Couldn't lay in this morning tho I tried. Great turn out again so thanks all. Had a wobbly moment you may have noticed on way to Hawkhurst. I saw the bank heading for my front wheel. :eek: :eek: :eek: Phew. :o :o What the !!! :D :D

gary tompkins
20-03-2005, 04:43 PM
Yep did notice your "moment" - a momentary lapse I guess? I backed off to cut you some slack for a while, also the road surface was pretty mucky which didn't help. I expect you were feeling a bit frazzled after yesterdays Surrey trip/ride out too?

Bit worried about Slobs "ARE YOU OK?" post Re: Bob & Bumble, think I'll give her a bell to check all is well :confused:

Albie
20-03-2005, 04:58 PM
Yep did notice your "moment" - a momentary lapse I guess? I backed off to cut you some slack for a while, also the road surface was pretty mucky which didn't help. I expect you were feeling a bit frazzled after yesterdays Surrey trip/ride out too?

Bit worried about Slobs "ARE YOU OK?" post Re: Bob & Bumble, think I'll give her a bell to check all is well :confused:

No just a !*!*!*!*e rider error I reckon. :o :o They are fine mate . No problem Ive been told. :)

brewhaha
20-03-2005, 05:22 PM
Adieu.

Do tell, how is Gay Paree?

Pedro
20-03-2005, 06:26 PM
Hey Nonnie

despite what you might read else where, I din't go out on my bike today with Bob and co and I didn't have a full english brekkie or a Prawn roll or do about 140-150 miles today. My new tyres weren't at all grippy and confidence inspiring.

Does that make you feel better?

Oh well, worth a try....:D

BTW, the Diablos were ace!! As was the brekkie etc and the ride out!

Nonnie
20-03-2005, 06:38 PM
I admire your attempt to make me feel better but......didn't really work, did it? I'm free next weekend though and I might just get down that way and join in if anyone's out and about. Conquered my huge fear of the QE2 bridge last weekend. Can't beat a full English brekkie but I've had big problems getting the leathers on after a large lunch and I bust my zip last time so I'm trying to not eat so much in one go when I've got Juan with me!

A Yerbury
20-03-2005, 07:09 PM
Do tell, how is Gay Paree?
very gay, very paree, very warm, very -as usual- pricey...but a good afternoon out.

Mand
20-03-2005, 07:11 PM
Did you take any piccies of the tower?

A Yerbury
20-03-2005, 07:17 PM
Did you take any piccies of the tower?

yes, not digital tho, so they will take a wee while, pleasant drive back, car with the old fella, as we were selling a few antiques-left the bike chez moi, nice change to walk about free as one of Michael Howards gypsies, no leathers, lid or thieves to worry about. what a town.

Mand
20-03-2005, 07:21 PM
to spend a Sunday afternoon. :)

A Yerbury
20-03-2005, 07:48 PM
to spend a Sunday afternoon. :)

...There are more pleasant ways to while away a warm and lazy afternoon but alas, you are a married lady with an easy blushing condition....I had fun though, it's all about the ambiance.....and French women........and Notre Damme.....and the Louvre....
Alex Belmondo.xyz.

brewhaha
20-03-2005, 08:39 PM
...There are more pleasant ways to while away a warm and lazy afternoon but alas, you are a married lady with an easy blushing condition....I had fun though, it's all about the ambiance.....and French women........and Notre Damme.....and the Louvre....
Alex Belmondo.xyz.

The girl downstairs from us has a cat called Belmondo

Pedro
20-03-2005, 09:20 PM
I admire your attempt to make me feel better but......didn't really work, did it? I'm free next weekend though and I might just get down that way and join in if anyone's out and about. Conquered my huge fear of the QE2 bridge last weekend. Can't beat a full English brekkie but I've had big problems getting the leathers on after a large lunch and I bust my zip last time so I'm trying to not eat so much in one go when I've got Juan with me!

If you can, get yourself down the M25 to Boxhill for the Southern Ducati meet on the 27th. There should be a few about.... :D

Nonnie
20-03-2005, 09:39 PM
I know! Juan has 510 miles on the clock now. Service has to be at 600. Booked in for 9th April. If I do this run, I was thinking, what's the leeway (sp?) on the mileage? Grandad lives next to Box Hill!!! I could pop in and frighten the living daylights out of the rest of the old folk with my Terminonnies.

Albie
20-03-2005, 09:48 PM
It will be fine im sure. Can expect at least 100 over for any service unless they can guarantee a quick book in policy. My Zafira was 6000mls late on its 20000ml intervals. Huge big service gaps now.Some people dont even do 10000 a year. Mine does 42000 in a year. :eek:

Come on down in your glam leathers and take the p i ss out of mine. :D :rolleyes:

Nonnie
21-03-2005, 07:27 AM
It will be fine im sure. Can expect at least 100 over for any service unless they can guarantee a quick book in policy. My Zafira was 6000mls late on its 20000ml intervals. Huge big service gaps now.Some people dont even do 10000 a year. Mine does 42000 in a year. :eek:

Come on down in your glam leathers and take the p i ss out of mine. :D :rolleyes:
Thanks for the mileage advice. I won't take the p i s s out of your leathers if you don't take the p i s s out of mine!

CK & AK
21-03-2005, 07:39 AM
Nonnie - 1st service is 1000kms - which is a tad over 600 miles anyway.
As Albie says: if its booked in they usually give you a leeway of 10 - 15% anyway - but do check with workshop.

My present bike had 1st service at 720 miles, as shop couldnt fit in for 2 weeks when I booked.

Look forwards to meeting you at Box hill then :D - Albie is meeting a few at the Oakdene cafe in Kent (not far off motorway for you) to ride up :)

Bob Dixon
21-03-2005, 07:54 AM
Sounds good.....I`m off to Timperley this morning, will try to do that whole Honda Accord / BP garage thingy cliche. I know its a bit cheesy, and everybody does it, but I `m going to drive in , fill up andf pay my money to the cashier just like all the other punters. I figure that if you've made the trip you may as well do it.......

A Yerbury
21-03-2005, 07:58 AM
The girl downstairs from us has a cat called Belmondo
In which case she knows her onions,
yours.
Alexandre

Nonnie
21-03-2005, 08:59 AM
Nonnie - 1st service is 1000kms - which is a tad over 600 miles anyway.
As Albie says: if its booked in they usually give you a leeway of 10 - 15% anyway - but do check with workshop.

My present bike had 1st service at 720 miles, as shop couldnt fit in for 2 weeks when I booked.

Look forwards to meeting you at Box hill then :D - Albie is meeting a few at the Oakdene cafe in Kent (not far off motorway for you) to ride up :)

I am seriously tempted I have to say. It's a long way for me on my own but if the weather's good I don't see why not. Must take beer easy on the Sat night though. I've been to the Oakdene before but I am severely navigationally challenged so I'm going to get proper directions and make myself an itinery and make sure I can do it BEFORE I set off!