PDA

View Full Version : You've got to Laugh

Rogerg
18-03-2005, 05:51 PM
I was visiting a client today in Tunbridge Wells,

The sun was shining, beautiful day - so the boss of this company thought, why not dust off his old 900 Supersport desmo, slip into his spangly new Dainese 1 piece suit he picked up on ebay for £300 and pootle into the office.

We saw him pulling into the carpark, looking like a power ranger (or Albie, he he) he saw us looking at him, gave us a big smile, tried to give us a wave and dropped it!!

Luckly not much damage and all taken in very good humour, quite easily the funniest thing I've seen this year.

Come on then - your most embarissing moment on you bike then.

Albie
18-03-2005, 05:55 PM
My most embarassing moment you lot missed when at Brands hatch this year at that crappy launch thing. As we lot were going to set of to pub I gave it a handlful to burn out and she nearly threw me off big time. :eek: :eek: :D :D . Ooohh. Oh and wearing my leathers. Enuf enuf fellow monsterers. :D :rolleyes:

Scotty
18-03-2005, 05:56 PM
dropped my bike doing a uturn on the hill the other week , stalled and it was just too heavy, so being on the hill plenty people saw it

JMo
18-03-2005, 05:58 PM
Come on then - your most embarissing moment on you bike then.

That'll be the hedge... ahem.

Did see something funny the other week though - Julie and I were riding back from a day out trail riding, head to toe in mud - and this chav pulls alongside us on his scoot, revving away... anyway the lights go red and we slow down, but this scoot goes straight in the back of a Volvo infront (not hard, but enough so that the driver noticed)... we left them arguing at the roadside...

xxx

Albie
18-03-2005, 06:02 PM
That'll be the hedge... ahem.

Did see something funny the other week though - Julie and I were riding back from a day out trail riding, head to toe in mud - and this chav pulls alongside us on his scoot, revving away... anyway the lights go red and we slow down, but this scoot goes straight in the back of a Volvo infront (not hard, but enough so that the driver noticed)... we left them arguing at the roadside...

xxx
Is that the Hedge on the way to Thorney Island ?????? :rolleyes: :D :eek: :D

SazzaG
18-03-2005, 06:35 PM
I think it's probably when I dropped Dixxie at Bury Hill. I'd already got off, and was just wheeling her backwards into a parking space (too short to reverse!), and she just fell away from me. Right in full view of the cafe! No one really heard the loud swear words, as I was still wearing my helmet.

Thanks to Pedro for helping me pick her up!

And of course there was the bus stop near miss, although that was more painful than embarassing.

Saz

sjr999r
18-03-2005, 06:41 PM
Yep,last week,outside 'choices' video shop,on the bike.looking cool(sorry trying to look cool).flicked the stand up,fired her up,booming termis,blah blah,blah.just lost my balance..down she went on the left side,very slowly...got out the way.....hand still on the bars.let her down gentle,still bent the gear lever and clutch,but 5 mins when i got home,all good as new. Oh and good few ppl pissing themsleves in the carpark
sjr999r

The Kevlar Kid
18-03-2005, 06:55 PM
Mine will be having a light off in my road about 15yards from my house.
If that wasn't embarissing enough (neighbours curtains twitching etc) a lady neighbour came over to help me pick it up, only to find I'd split my jeans across the bum and down one leg, casually flashing my bits at her..... :D

Nonnie
18-03-2005, 07:01 PM
So far in my very short motorcycling career, meeting my old instructor training some new students, I pulled over on my lovely bike, left indicator on, did everything correctly, thought "I'll show him I learned alright". Stopped and had a chat, showed the students what they too could have one day (you just know I'm going to regret it all don't you?) then went to pull away and even warned the instructor that surely I would make a tit of myself at this point, wasn't til I got 300 yrds down the road realised I'd still left that bloody indicator on. This, I am sure, is only the first of many many embarrasing moments. Can't wait actually because I'm really good at them!

Mand
18-03-2005, 08:04 PM
Getting lost on the run back from the pub at last year's weekender. Nuff said........ :o

Richard_S
18-03-2005, 08:10 PM
I gave it a handlful to burn out and she nearly threw me off big time. :eek:

rock on sailor :D

bod
18-03-2005, 08:11 PM
Most recent one today...Coming back from work stopped at traffic lights where they are adding a junction thingy.Pulled up along side a diesel Merc,he was edging forward all the time...no problems soon nail him. :D
Ermmm he set of quicker than I thought (only had about 5ft of unmade tarmac to squeeze infront of him)
Merc driver in front then :eek: I will get him after the jump upto finished tarmac again,which I did and flew past only for my bike to die whilest on full throttle about 15 seconds latter.
Pulled into the side and watched him fly past.
Bike is GOING BACK to dealer done this 3 times now and its getting borring and embarrassing :o

Albie
18-03-2005, 08:12 PM
So far in my very short motorcycling career, meeting my old instructor training some new students, I pulled over on my lovely bike, left indicator on, did everything correctly, thought "I'll show him I learned alright". Stopped and had a chat, showed the students what they too could have one day (you just know I'm going to regret it all don't you?) then went to pull away and even warned the instructor that surely I would make a tit of myself at this point, wasn't til I got 300 yrds down the road realised I'd still left that bloody indicator on. This, I am sure, is only the first of many many embarrasing moments. Can't wait actually because I'm really good at them!
Every one does this Nonnie. even with idiot lights. There will be worse. :D :D

CK & AK
18-03-2005, 09:04 PM
Getting lost on the run back from the pub at last year's weekender. Nuff said........ :o

D'you know mand, that one of my 'moments', was losing a group on the way back from the pub! :eek: :p :p

C
xx

Didge
18-03-2005, 09:54 PM

Hmmmm.......I seem to recall that. :rolleyes:
In fact you got so lost, we couldn't find you when we were looking for you.

Pedro
18-03-2005, 10:01 PM
17 years old, RD125 twin sitting raring to go so the beloved Fizzie had to go.

Bloke comes round, likes it, gives me the dosh then can't start it. "I'll do it" say me and proceeds to try to bump start it. Bloody thing wouldn't catch so I just about gave up , when the motor fired, the throttle stuck open and the clutch dragged.... 15 feet later, there was a Fizzie / wall interface, leaving me lying on top of a Fizzie reving itself to bits. Result? One bent frame and me having to give him his money back....

Muppet...

cerebus
18-03-2005, 10:14 PM
Doing my bike training, first day on 500s (Kawasaki ER5 *yawn*) Instructors left us going round and round the car park to get used to the bikes. A woman was doing the course on her own brand spanking new ER5. She had a bit of trouble reaching the ground on it and as we were going round, she stopped and was struggling to stop it falling over.

So being the gallant lad I am, I stopped, flicked down the side stand, and rushed over to help her...........

......except...err..the side stand flipped back up and I dropped the bike.

On my leg.

At least I struggled out and helped the woman save her bike.

And at least it wasn't my bike :rolleyes:

Cerebus the chivalrous (and clumsy)

Mand
19-03-2005, 06:22 AM
Hmmmm.......I seem to recall that. :rolleyes:
In fact you got so lost, we couldn't find you when we were looking for you.

The worse thing about it was, when I realised I was zooming off in the opposite direction I thought I better stop and ask for directions. There was a chap standing outside his parked white van, so I got off my bike and went to ask for directions back to Arrow Mill and I realised he was having a slash and I got an "eyeful" :eek: :eek: - not sure really who was most embarrassed......

Albie
19-03-2005, 06:28 AM
The worse thing about it was, when I realised I was zooming off in the opposite direction I thought I better stop and ask for directions. There was a chap standing outside his parked white van, so I got off my bike and went to ask for directions back to Arrow Mill and I realised he was having a slash and I got an "eyeful" :eek: :eek: - not sure really who was most embarrassed......

:D :D :D :D :D :rolleyes: :o :D

Nonnie
19-03-2005, 07:48 AM
. Oh and wearing my leathers. Enuf enuf fellow monsterers. :D :rolleyes:

What's with the leathers Albie? How bad are they? Was hoping someone else's were louder than mine. Hope they are.

slob
19-03-2005, 11:06 AM
Thrashed my HD Sportster from Sth. Lincs to Nth. Yorks and was desperate to see what the time was/how long It'd taken. I flicked the side stand down outside the pub and as I stepped off the bike the stand flipped up and the bike fell over, trapping my ankle against the kerb, I simply couldn't get any leverage to pick the bike up and had to lie there praying no one in the pub looked out of the window and saw me.
After a few minures two old boys with zimmer frame and walking stick came round the corner and helped me out from under my bike.... I had to laugh at that one, at least none of my mates saw it.

A Yerbury
19-03-2005, 12:52 PM
Owning a blue cx500 and attaching a "sidewinder" side car to get around taking a full test...then being laughed at by children from north london schools....daily. Plus they were right. To make matters worse I had long hair at the time and fancied myself as Ian Astbury?!.....:rolleyes: All thats behind me now and I would just like to thank God and my agent.

Fodder
19-03-2005, 03:38 PM
FOR SALE

Sanctuary, 1 careful owner :)

Two up on an old Suzuki GP125 giving it way to much throttle on the high street, front comes up in an uncontrolled fashion and my mate slides off the back running along behind with his hands on the grab rail. Was seen by about 500 shoppers. :rolleyes:

A Yerbury
19-03-2005, 04:35 PM
for sale,
1 x sidewinder, abused and unloved..mind you I got 600 for the maggot which is 100 more than I paid.

Albie
19-03-2005, 05:54 PM
What's with the leathers Albie? How bad are they? Was hoping someone else's were louder than mine. Hope they are.

They are ok but power ranger Dainese. Red black and white. :o :o

A Yerbury
19-03-2005, 06:08 PM

err its more the fit (lack of) than the colour....perhaps there are some images that better illustrate?!

Nonnie
19-03-2005, 06:24 PM
Ah! They're like mine then. :o

brewhaha
20-03-2005, 04:53 PM
Couple of years ago now, jumped on the bike parked at a main roadside to get away before a double decker bus was coming, started her up, gave it loads of throttle and landed in a heap 6ft in front of the bus (screeching his brakes).

Why?

Because I had left the disk lock on!

Doh!