PDA

View Full Version : hideing cables

Scotty
17-03-2005, 07:13 PM
have looked at many many pictures ive noticed that all the better looking monsters have all the electrical cable hidden, but where do they put them ? i know some one was going to great expence and having lugs fitted inside the frame rails to tie them to but this is a bit beyond me, are there any simple solutions ? , in perticular there seems to be an excess of wires around the head stock on my bike would it be possible to hide them above the air box some how or will i only make life difficult when lifting the tank in the future :confused:

Albie
17-03-2005, 07:39 PM
Marchesini is having lugs welded on his project. If not what about some sticky backed velcro tabs on the inside. :D

A Yerbury
18-03-2005, 08:18 AM
they disapear a lot easier against a black frame, some wires can be wrapped in one piece of flex or hose, breathers can be cut back/removed as can the sidestand switch.
obviously s4 s have a lot more "gubbins" though.

CK & AK
18-03-2005, 08:49 AM
Alan shrink wrapped all his exposed wiring on the tri-colour & tucked it away where possible.

C :)

gary tompkins
18-03-2005, 01:07 PM
You could try leaving them in my garage for a bit - things have a habit of vanishing when I do that :rolleyes:

Mind you that's maybe because I practice the "first available surface" form of filing system :o

DesmoDog
18-03-2005, 01:29 PM
cut them all away! OR, if you want it to look good and work you could get some of that spiffy cable tidy coil stuff that omputer people use. Different colours too. I think Maplins do it.

Its 25 here in Athens, did I tell you it was nice here?

Albie
18-03-2005, 02:46 PM
cut them all away! OR, if you want it to look good and work you could get some of that spiffy cable tidy coil stuff that omputer people use. Different colours too. I think Maplins do it.

Its 25 here in Athens, did I tell you it was nice here?
Thread hijack .Its 20 degrees here. Hmm lurvely :D

Scotty
18-03-2005, 04:54 PM
well were still in to double figures here in the north east , so ner
im not so keen on the computer cable tidey stuff i think it looks errm !*!*!*!* or is that just the chromed variety or plastic ?

DesmoDog
21-03-2005, 09:26 AM
Chromed sounds bloody awful, no I was thinking about the matt black variety. You shouldn't be able to see it behind the frame.