PDA

View Full Version : Sunday March 20th

BoozyBOB
15-03-2005, 11:55 PM
the Hampshire monthly meet..
meet at Four Marks Little Chef for coffee and a breakfast bap 10:30..
(i am checking out a route for a ride out).. if the sun is out we can have a ride out at 11ish...

names here please as i have a plan :lol: ..(involving food)

Pedro
16-03-2005, 06:20 AM
Hi Bob

not sure if I'll be out this sunday as the bike needs new boots - if Protyre get their sh*t together, then I should be along, assuming it's not raining of course.

Ped

singletrack
16-03-2005, 08:15 AM
Sorry Boozy - I can't make it. :(

BoozyBOB
16-03-2005, 11:45 PM
hope you can get there Ped.. ;) (i have a question for you). :rolleyes:
..have you tried Micheldever tyres at Micheldever station...(east of Winchester)..much cheepnes and wait while they fit.. :D

looking for thier No' but sorry i have lost it..but must be in the book..

Pedro
17-03-2005, 06:24 AM
Protyre are part of Micheldever thanks Bob and they'll have my new Diablos for Saturday morning.

PM me the question if yer like

Ped

Matt Black
17-03-2005, 11:43 PM
Bob, I don't usually come out of hibernation until Easter but carb icing permitting - let me know if you are heading West....

lord vader
18-03-2005, 10:37 AM
Sorry Boozy, not sure at moment I'm suposed to be in glorious Birmingham BUT that said i might be a last min addition :burnout:

JMo
18-03-2005, 12:35 PM
A small Sussex contingent also plan to join you at Four Marks...

xxx

Pedro
18-03-2005, 02:53 PM
Tyres are going on in the morning and I have a weekend pass!!

Bob - can you let Natty Boy know the destination as he's said he'll grace us with his presence.....

Ped

JMo
18-03-2005, 05:42 PM
Looks like we'll have a couple more from this end too...

xxx

BoozyBOB
20-03-2005, 04:55 PM
:bunny: a big thanks to all that turned up for the Hants ride out...
Hants...= Myself,Pedro..
Sussex..= Jmo,Sazza,James,Rob,Roger
Glous'...= Jr
hope you liked the roads ;) and the sun did come out... :cool:
thanks to Pedro for the new route home..hope you all got home safe :lol:
till next time..(next week) :bunny:
cheers

Pedro
20-03-2005, 05:56 PM
Had a good day today, when the sun eventually came out!!!!

Trip home was a little eventful - muppet is a Discovery carving everyone up.......

Seems the Hampsters were seriously out numbered today!!

Ped

Badger
20-03-2005, 06:00 PM
Did I see you guys passing through Oakley?
I was out on my mountain bike with my Brother grinding up a hill just after the Beech arms.
Heard you comming 1st though :lol:
I would like to come along on your next ride out ( I should have checked the site yesterday).
After seeing you all out I raced home and went out for a blast to Andover, Hungerford and home.
Hope to catch you next time.

JMo
20-03-2005, 06:10 PM
Yea! - great route there and back Hampster-fellas... although perhaps wish we'd not taken the Stockbridge road eh?

Great neck of the woods, and a decent feed (as ever) - if a touch far for this time of year (Brrrrrrr, wish we'd gone yesterday x) - as I said to Boozy at lunchtime - the Bristol Bike show is in August, not March... x

275 miles by the time I got home... I ache x

xxx

Pedro
20-03-2005, 06:39 PM
Did I see you guys passing through Oakley?
I was out on my mountain bike with my Brother grinding up a hill just after the Beech arms.
Heard you comming 1st though :lol:
I would like to come along on your next ride out ( I should have checked the site yesterday).
After seeing you all out I raced home and went out for a blast to Andover, Hungerford and home.
Hope to catch you next time.

We're out ad about next weekend too if you wanna tag along - send Booy Bob a PM for details!

There were 7 of us going through Basingstoke I think!
Look forward to meeting you
Ped

Pedro
20-03-2005, 06:42 PM
Yea! - great route there and back Hampster-fellas... although perhaps wish we'd not taken the Stockbridge road eh?

Great neck of the woods, and a decent feed (as ever) - if a touch far for this time of year (Brrrrrrr, wish we'd gone yesterday x) - as I said to Boozy at lunchtime - the Bristol Bike show is in August, not March... x

275 miles by the time I got home... I ache x

xxx

Yeah, I like the Marlbrough to Winchester back roads, some great rolling bends!

Only 275 miles and you're aching? You must be getting old... :D

james t
20-03-2005, 07:20 PM
Arrived home at 6pm 288 miles and a bit knackered.

Good day out tho' .

Thanks to Jen, Bob and Ped for leading the way.

Looking forward to the next time.

Regards James t.

SazzaG
20-03-2005, 08:24 PM
A measly 222 miles for us!

Great to get out for a good run. Let's do it again!

And Bob even managed to bring us the sunshine (eventually).

Saz

JR
20-03-2005, 09:39 PM
Only an even more measley 150 mile round trip for me, but well worth it. Nice ride, good company, good food and nice weather. Well done Bob

JR

robht
21-03-2005, 08:31 AM
A good day out and a nice long ride - thanks Bob for organising it - thats got rid of the mayonnaise...

Shame about the psyco in the disco on the Stockbridge - Winchester road, but it wouldn't be a day out without an encounter with a prize throbbing memeber behind the wheel! I suspect more like a tiny throbbing member in reality...

SazzaG
21-03-2005, 09:32 AM
Well, it's true what they say. Big car, small todger. What does that say about Monster riders? Hehe.

It's not often you see an off-roader going off road. Well, on pavement anyway. And now I know my mirrors are exactly in line with a Discovery's front headlights. Eek!

And people just don't learn. Never mess with our Jen! I'm sure I wasn't the only one eyeing up every black Discovery all the way from Winchester to home!

Still, no one got hurt, and it was a great day out. Due to a final bit of hooning, we even got back to Bury Hill in time for a final cuppa.

Here's to more sunny weekends! Clocks go forward next week, hooray!

Saz