PDA

View Full Version : clutch master cylinder probs...

A Yerbury
15-03-2005, 01:28 PM
To cut a long story short -and to save on some embarrasment- I seem to have a small tear in the rubber on the mc as it meets the plunge screw thing on the lever, it must be a small one as its not spurting but its a mc replace in any case. This is the old style square one with a wet clutch not the newer brembo with the plunger, the round pot and the slave on the left btw. Cut to the chase they are 100 odd euros which seems a bit much-although I think they use them now on the s2r (shoddy) has anyone fitted any of the later ones? Ive seen some on ebay. in theory I just swap the bits over, lever too.. tighten up the banjos bleed the air (again) and bobbys my auntie yes?

A Yerbury
15-03-2005, 04:38 PM
Well, what with all the "this is not about bikes" "stop posting nonsense" palaver recently... I post a bona fide technical question about, yes Ducati Monsters!!!!and where are all the sour bellies? hmm?!? with their "keep it relevant" ways? ecxactly not a bloody sausage...........gits. Anyway for those of you not afraid to get a bit of crap under your fingernails it was just a bit of fluid in the dust boot that was torn and not the actual cylinder, then I bought a nice patten lever for 6.80 euros that adjusts correctly, lovely action and no creep or drag.

crust
15-03-2005, 06:45 PM
Alex, I'd like to be able to look in whilst eating my lunch at work and if I'm able to help someone I would.

Unfortunately people have in the past posted stuff which the companies internet content advisor as deemed unacceptable so now I cant.

I asked if people could label these posts as 'not work safe' but the smart arses just took the !*!*!*!*.

Should you find that you do have a problem with your master cyclinder I think you can get rebuild kits for them.

These people stock Brembo stuff at a non Ducati dealer friendly price. They are also helpfull and happy to talk Ducati.

http://www.motomeccaspares.co.uk/

:) Crust

A Yerbury
15-03-2005, 07:02 PM
cheers pie man! its in the favourites.
Alex.