PDA

View Full Version : Scottish Motorcycle Show

brewhaha
15-03-2005, 12:25 PM
Anybody else think its going downhill every year? :confused:

The same old tat and no real bargains

The only highlight was seeing the KTM Duke (very nice)

Dave G
15-03-2005, 01:47 PM
I think exhibitors have cottoned onto the fact that many attendees at these shows go there with stacks of cash and spend it on the first shiney thing they see.
As far as bargains this was one of the worst I've been to in a while.I bought a socket set which had a big 'show price' sticker on it,when asked the retailer couldnt tell me how much the normal price was(it was the same as I had priced these up before).This is just dishonesty and it seems to be more common now.
I bought an arai quantumf at last years GP and it was £50 cheaper than the cheapest price at this show.
Go to look and kick tyres but keep your wallet in your pocket unless you know what your buying is actually a bargain.

brewhaha
16-03-2005, 01:36 PM
Says in this weeks MCN "Best show ever"

Then again they would say that!

Other 'highlight' was the Page 3 Model with the big funbags

Melnie Mouse
16-03-2005, 01:41 PM
but that's what they say about the NEC and Ali Pali isn't it? They're all the same, if you've never been before - it's usually good, but if you go every year, you'll notice they all have gone down hill for the last 3 years..

Exhibitors get charged too much now to show stuff and some things that claim are bargains are more expensive than the shops so watch out!

brewhaha
16-03-2005, 05:48 PM
Maybe I'm just old and jaded