PDA

View Full Version : Ducati South / London Anniversary

SAMMYE
14-03-2005, 02:42 PM
Anyone get an invitation through the post for this?? anyone going?

All the members of the Ducati Owners Clubs are invited to Ducati London South & Ducati London Central birthday celebrations.

Saturday March 19th
Sports Cafe
80 Haymarket
London
SW1Y 4TE

Time 8.30pm til late.

Free entry for Ducati key holders and members of all Ducati Owners Clubs - membership cards need to be produced.

Sunday 20th March
Open day & test rides at Ducati London South & Ducati London Central.

James Toseland will be attending both events.

Mrs Bobbie Cowley - Ducati UK Event Co-ordinator

Phoenix
14-03-2005, 03:13 PM
I'll be there :)

Vman
14-03-2005, 04:09 PM
Me and the missus are going...

SAMMYE
14-03-2005, 04:18 PM
Great maybe we could arrange a meet of some sort? I will post in the London section as well

NattyBoy
14-03-2005, 04:33 PM
Me and Mrs Nattyboy might make an appearance Sammye...might even treat her to slice of scabby old take away pizza in leicester square afterwards if she asks me niceley.. :lol:

Nat

SAMMYE
14-03-2005, 04:38 PM
Me and Mrs Nattyboy might make an appearance Sammye...might even treat her to slice of scabby old take away pizza in leicester square afterwards if she asks me niceley.. :lol:

Nat

and who said romance is dead!? Looks like there will be a few of us there then :D

BoozyBOB
14-03-2005, 11:21 PM
HHmm..what day are you all going??...it's Hants meet on Sun 20th...(i will need directions)...and i have another plan..(with a free food blag)..

Albie
15-03-2005, 06:12 AM
I may be up for this. Donyt know how to get there yet though. Can we park ok tho. :D

SAMMYE
15-03-2005, 07:47 AM
It says limited parking, but there are bike bays all over the place in London

Vman
15-03-2005, 09:13 AM
I have in the past, parked right outside the Sports cafe.

The doormen dont mind, well they do have a Racebike in a glass case as soon as you walk in. :D

We should be there around 9ish.

spacemonkey
15-03-2005, 07:49 PM

Nat

I wouldn't go to the Pizza Hut there if I were you... I remember them doing rather badly in Restaraunts From Hell....

re parking on the pavement in London- Those scumbags who issue tickets can slap one on the bike if it is on the pavement in London, and/or do you for obstruction, so beware....

NattyBoy
15-03-2005, 08:03 PM
:eek:

Pizzahut is !*!*!*!*e (allegedly) no matter where you go aint it mate ?!

Funny story though..was on all day lager consumption session with the lads in London a few years ago, and nipped into chiquitos Leicester square to use the loos upstairs - which had no diners.

Just as well coz a feckin big rat ran across the floorboards while I was en route to the gents... :eek: :lol:

Nat

Fodder
15-03-2005, 10:17 PM
:eek:

Pizzahut is !*!*!*!*e (allegedly) no matter where you go aint it mate ?!

Funny story though..was on all day lager consumption session with the lads in London a few years ago, and nipped into chiquitos Leicester square to use the loos upstairs - which had no diners.

Just as well coz a feckin big rat ran across the floorboards while I was en route to the gents... :eek: :lol:

Nat

Aw !*!*!*!* I used to love the Fajita's in there. Not any more :mad:
The worst restaurants I believe in London were those Angus steakhouse thingys, absolute filth holes apparently :rolleyes:

JMo
16-03-2005, 10:35 PM
Don't really fancy central London on a Saturday night, even on a bike - not unless it's the middle of summer...

However, could do something on the Sunday perhaps? - Boozy what is your plan for the Hampsters, as if the weather is sound I thought we could hook up at some point?

Otherwise, could always gather the Sussexites at Findon, head via Boxhill to DLS, or even DLC as I've not been there...

xxx

Albie
16-03-2005, 10:41 PM
Wessons or Findon ????? :D

BoozyBOB
16-03-2005, 11:19 PM
Jen..hun the Hampsters are doing our usual meet...i have a plan to go west...(not like village people)..for a change via Devises and some nice roads :twisted: :lol: ...and a biking pub...
will post up in Hants soon...

Phoenix
17-03-2005, 09:24 PM
So who's going when ?
Moi Sat Night :eek:
Zimbo Sat night :eek:

Moi - sunday morning probably nursing hangover :o and wondering just how the basque got signed by James Toseland :o

Zimbo - sunday morning - erm probably down the Ducati shop fantasising over something red and shiney. Zimbo - sunday afternoon explaining to his wife just how he managed to spend £8k :twisted: :D

Albie
17-03-2005, 09:27 PM
Not certain now. I want to take the bike up. All part of the fun. Parking the issue. :( :( :)

marchesini
17-03-2005, 10:03 PM
Not certain now. I want to take the bike up. All part of the fun. Parking the issue. :( :( :)

There will be loads of parking around there - its only a problem during weekdays. There's two large bike bays parallel on the Haymarket as well some near the ICA. I'm thinking of going up if my bike battery is charged up and it's not pissing it down. Failing that, the car or or I'll just jump on the train and do the 3 minute walk from Charing Cross. If I take the bike, I'll ride in with you if you like and show you where to park. You know where I am.

Seriously, there will be no problem parking your bike and if there is then I'm a Dutchman.

Best Regards

Ruud Van Nistlerooy

grunter
17-03-2005, 10:22 PM
IN WATERLOO PLACE FOR BIKES AND ON THE PAVEMENT COVER TAX DISC AND NUMBER PLATE :cool:

Albie
17-03-2005, 10:22 PM
Thats good to know
cheers :D :D

Fodder
17-03-2005, 10:23 PM
IN WATERLOO PLACE FOR BIKES AND ON THE PAVEMENT COVER TAX DISC AND NUMBER PLATE :cool:

Does that urban myth actually work?? :confused:

grunter
17-03-2005, 10:27 PM
never had a ticket yet coffee cup lid over tax disc and cardboard covered with a shower cap works a treat :D

marchesini
17-03-2005, 11:11 PM
Does that urban myth actually work?? :confused:

It is not an urban myth and does work - most of the time. The majority of the time, wardens ignore them but occasionally (usually once a month) they go around and get your numberplate and ticket your bike. The premise is that they are not allowed to interfere with your bike in any way (although they obviously find ways around this).

I have contested a couple of these tickets and got nowhere. Their reply was that ANY bikes (regardless of whether it is within the brass surrounded area i.e not officially part of the pavement), cause obstructions and are potential hazards to the disabled and partially sighted etc, etc.

I also know of some bikers in Film Production who own their building on Beak Street. As it was their own property (including the basement), they had a ground anchor installed for their bikes - even they couldn't get their tickets reversed. I took to covering mine completely with a cover and padlock so you couldn't physically see any bike details so the wardens called the police who had to stand and watch as witnesses so they could move my bike in order to gain access to my number plate. As if they didn't have enough to do?

The ticketing seemed to becoming more and more frequent even though mine had duck tape around a cardboard number plate cover which still miraculously blew off in the wind. I don't do it any more as Westminster Council taped a letter to all bikes explaining that "contrary to popular belief, it was against the law to park bikes on the pavement and would be enforcing this wherever possible." I couldn't be doing with the arse so in the end I got myself secure parking in a car park and don't worry about it any more. That said, I must have parked on the pavement for a least 3 years and in that time received about 6 tickets - not bad going all in all.

Best regards

simon

Zimbo
18-03-2005, 07:07 AM
So who's going when ?
Moi Sat Night :eek:
Zimbo Sat night :eek:

Moi - sunday morning probably nursing hangover :o and wondering just how the basque got signed by James Toseland :o

Zimbo - sunday morning - erm probably down the Ducati shop fantasising over something red and shiney. Zimbo - sunday afternoon explaining to his wife just how he managed to spend £8k :twisted: :D

Oh dear, you're not going to lead me astray are you????

CK & AK
18-03-2005, 07:38 AM
Oh dear, you're not going to lead me astray are you????

If Lin doesnt Zimbo - I will! :twisted:

C :lol:

SAMMYE
18-03-2005, 12:03 PM
Just found out its my best mates B'day Sat so dont think I will be able to make it

CK & AK
18-03-2005, 12:14 PM
shame! - should be about 1000 peeps there by all accounts :eek:

C

Zimbo
18-03-2005, 05:17 PM
If Lin doesnt Zimbo - I will! :twisted:

C :lol:

Not sure whether to be very excited or very afraid!!! :p :p :p

lizzie
18-03-2005, 06:16 PM
If you're planning on travelling in from the South-East by train, I THINK that Charing Cross and Waterloo East are closed, with trains being diverted to Cannon Street. Not nearly so convenient for the Sports Cafe. :(