PDA

View Full Version : DOCGB ....... worth it?

Wabbitkilla
13-03-2005, 10:23 AM
OK, you guys are;
Friendly
Helpful
Funny (most of the ime ;o))
Welcoming
Supportive
Warm
Mad - in a nice sort of way
Not too serious about yourselves.

So, why are DOCGB so serious about themselves?
If you don't want to answer that, then answer this;
Why did i join them, thinking they'll be a helpful bunch and maybe we'll get together and have some fun in a none-harmful sort of way?

I went to book my BMF rally ticket to find my affiliate members card ran out in january, so i emailed the club to find out what's going on and i'm still waiting for an answer over a month later!
I don't think i'll be renewing my membership this year.

Gripe over,
Any of you fine people going to the BMF rally this year?

CK & AK
13-03-2005, 03:16 PM
So, why are DOCGB so serious about themselves?

I cant answer this myself without causing a furore :rolleyes:

If you don't want to answer that, then answer this;
Why did i join them, thinking they'll be a helpful bunch and maybe we'll get together and have some fun in a none-harmful sort of way?
see answer above ;)

Any of you fine people going to the BMF rally this year?
Hoping to on one day,depending on racing - this time of the car variety :D

C

Duncan
13-03-2005, 04:12 PM
Cant speak for the DOC centrally but in my dealings with them they have been a helpful bunch.

They are one of the longest established Ducati clubs in the world and are very professional in what they do.

They may have lost the youthful zest that we have but they do a good job with a membership that often do not give a toss. At AGM time they struggle to fill posts and at branch meetings its often very low numbers. On admin there are about 3 people doing the lot including chasing subs, writing mags, etc etc. Its the same few faces attending the shows too.

I support my local branch and attend meetings etc. On club runs, they support my efforts as UKMOC area rep. Today was a fine example where members of Bristol branch came out with us. Last year we made a few joint rides to visit the Wye Valley DOC, its all about making the effort.

Theres too many that own Ducati's, join the club but never use them and put nothing back.

I suggest you look up your local branch, call them arrange to meet and take it from there.

Wabbitkilla
13-03-2005, 06:45 PM
I suppose it's easy to pick on them and when you put it like that, fair enough.
I simple reply to their email would suffice for me, but i will try and contect them again more directly.

They always put on a good show at the BMF, and their general demenour there was what encouraged me to join.

I'll wait and see what happens. :o

crust
13-03-2005, 07:54 PM
The Local branch to me are a friendly bunch

dunno about the admin as I'm not a member, just go along to the occasional meeting for a beer and a chat

:) Crust