PDA

View Full Version : Help! - Paint needed

SimonH
13-03-2005, 08:40 AM
Anybody know of a decent reliable company who can do me a paint job on my tatty monster. I live in Middlesex, so someone within a reasonable distance would be helpful. :confused:

SimonH

CK & AK
13-03-2005, 09:09 AM
I know of a decent reliable paintshop Simon - but he is in Wolverhampton. All Al's stuff safely went to & fro - tho we did collect the tank.
Do the std stuff, to what you saw on Als tri-colour :D

Andy or Craig at Ano-colour: 01922 710230

C :)

marchesini
13-03-2005, 10:12 AM
Mine is being painted at the moment by Extreme paintwork in Wellingborough but haven't seen the results yet but they have been recommended by a few people. I contacted a few companies but nothing recommended was in the SE London / Kent area.

Extreme do a lot of the custom paintjobs for Riverside motorcycles (Northampton) - simple stuff like glossing up Dark 748's (they come up really classy) to full on Toseland Fila reps. Nick is a really nice amiable chap to talk to and happy to do whatever you want. Being a designer, I am very anal when it comes to the correct typography on decals so he was more than happy for me to supply my own designs without so much as a 'nobody can see the difference' attitude. I have also changed the design a few times and has never tired of my constant design fettling (at least he doesn't show it).

It also depends on how you want to have your stuff painted - will you take all the bits off and deliver? Or do you just want to drop off the bike and pick it up readily painted? A lot of shops don't want to deal with the stripping of the bikes and in reality, unless you were sure of their mechanical competence would you really want to?

With mine, I got Dave Woods (Aylesbury) to do the dismantling and Extreme to do the painting. Dave and Nick do a lot of work together so I believe that Nick does a few regular runs back and forth, dropping bits off and the like.

Costs wise, they seemed reasonable (comparatively speaking) as well as being thoroughly top fellas. As you are based in Middlesex, they aren't a million miles away either (mind you, if you were based in New Zealand, you wouldn't be a million miles away either but you get my point).

Anyway, details:
Extreme Paintwork : 01933 441 999
Dave Woods: 01296 336 750

best regards

simon

fatbloke
13-03-2005, 12:59 PM
Extreame also so do all the custom paint for On Yer Bike and On Yer Triumph they
have a great reputation but it will help to be patient, They don't seem to understand
deadlines

A Yerbury
13-03-2005, 03:37 PM
THERE'S A GEEZER on Holloway rd, reasonable and quick. do you want a plain colour? or fancy stuff?