PDA

View Full Version : Had A Good Service

Andy S
12-03-2005, 02:02 PM
Hello UKMOC'rs :burnout:

Just a bit of info. I have just had my old M900 serviced at Bridge Motorcycles, Station Approach, Andover. tel:- 01264-354200.
The bike needed Cam belts, reshiming valves and bits.

They have done such a Good Job I have to give them a good word. The bike got well salted and crappy riding down there, but they gave it a good clean, general lub all over as well as the normal service stuff.

The bike runs great now for the Engine service. Plus it was bit cheaper than I expected, I didn't tell them that (best not shot your self in the foot! ;) )

I had called about before hand to see how much a service would cost. I spoke to a few tosser's at other dealers. Some saying the engine may need top end rebuild, valve guide repair+ due to the miles done, 24k. Or that it was bound to be crap as bad oil had been used. So I stayed well clear of those doom merchants with never ending service costs.

Now for this North wind to go and to get out and about.
Bye Andy S :cool:

Elmo
12-03-2005, 02:53 PM
Me and Banshee bought our bikes from Bridge's last Dec. I wonder what they'd charge for first service if it faverable mite be worth the 300 mile round trip.

SAMMYE
12-03-2005, 03:23 PM
how much was it andy?

Andy S
12-03-2005, 10:21 PM
I'll proberbly get told I was ripped off :o
they charged £247inc vat

last service wuz £350.

any good? Andy S :rolleyes:

Albie
12-03-2005, 10:29 PM
Sounds reasonable to me. Still expensive but better than most eh!! :D

SAMMYE
12-03-2005, 10:46 PM
Surprised we havent got a resident Servicer by now :confused:

NattyBoy
13-03-2005, 08:16 AM
Sounds OK mate...my 1st was about that from Bridge..I also remember that snells were about the same when I rang..it was just down to bridge been closer..

Cheers
Nat