PDA

View Full Version : crash / mushroom things

yusaf1
11-03-2005, 05:52 PM
what are the best type of mushroom / crash protectors to fit . I have read that there is a type that go through the frame, not too sure what and where they may be found.

Richard_S
11-03-2005, 07:32 PM
i use r&g

after my slipperdy slide in 2003 the shroom was crushed but the frame and surrounding areas were A-OK. I was generally quite relieved and coupled with the discovery of my fully functioning sets of arms and legs quite perplexed.

Despite the woe I can now say (with hand on heart) that I have completed the only real life consumer test of duty and I am free of uncertainty.

most commercial outlets stock em, just have a look next time you have half an hour and far too much wonga. Needless to say I now just use the force.

CK & AK
11-03-2005, 08:06 PM
R & G - the one that use a replacement engine bolt all the way through.

Dont bother anywhere else, like forks etc

C

fatbloke
11-03-2005, 08:17 PM
Motrax make some nice ones that also replace the engine mount bolt
there called "DHB"s

Boon
11-03-2005, 08:24 PM
I have to say I Have Crashed with MOCO mushrooms on and thay are rubish and DH mushrooms are rubish But the R&G ones are good as thay are a bit longer and well made {all of them fix through the frame} on monsters.

dukiwi
11-03-2005, 08:28 PM
I have the R&G ones. They are, as yet, untested - but they look good (if bolting 2 chunks of rubber to your bike can look "good") and I've heard nothing but good things about them.

yusaf1
12-03-2005, 06:22 PM
Thanks , so r+g it is by popular recommendation.

So where do I get some? I can't seem to find any.

gary tompkins
12-03-2005, 07:12 PM
I fitted cycle cat sliders to mine. Stuart (Spareshack) binned his S4 with a set on and it saved a fortune on repairs. I think it slid for about 50 feet on its side, and the only damage was a broken clip-on and rearset peg, with the bung worn most of the way down.

The sliders may cost nearly £100 a set, but when a new S4 tank costs the best part of a grand Stuart thought it was a good investment, and was a good enough recommendation for me. As you can see from the website, they saved a stateside monster from serious trackday damage after an 80mph highside as well ;)

http://www.cyclecat.com/S1-1.htm

Boon
12-03-2005, 07:56 PM
thay are £70 to £80 with post from
http://www.rg-racing.com/