PDA

View Full Version : Biking in Australia

Spanner
11-03-2005, 12:02 PM
Well I finally got round to doing some biking in Australia today. At last. I spent the day riding around in the desert and on the beach near the Pinnacles in Western Australia. It was my first offroad biking experience and ended up doing about 180kms! So to say I'm aching and feeling completely mullered would be an understatement! The guide was a typical aussie nutcase who spent most of the ride on his back wheel. The bike I was riding was a Yamaha WR450. Now for those that know me. They will know that I'm not a fan of jap bikes (apart from Kwaks), but this thing was bonkers. A total animal. But great fun. More power than I could handle offroad. Wouldn't buy one though mainly because it was a kick start. A complete nightmare for someone as light weight and short legged as me. While on the road we saw kangaroos, emus and dolphins. Pretty cool. I also managed to get a front puncture so spent much of the afternoon riding on a flat or semi flat tyre. Oh and I fell off seven times!! But it was a great day.

Didge
14-03-2005, 08:08 AM
Dougie, If you've taken any photos while you were in Perth of places like the Narrows Bridge, King's Park etc, etc, I'd love to see them when you get back.

CK & AK
14-03-2005, 09:21 AM
. While on the road we saw kangaroos, emus and dolphins.

Dolphins with kangaroos & emus?? :confused: off roading to an extreme mate innit?

Oh and I fell off seven times!! But it was a great day.

Getting in practice for the next trackday then Doug? ;) :D

C
xx