PDA

View Full Version : Noisy Termis

Shauns4
10-03-2005, 08:33 PM
if you want to reduce the noise of the open termis (even though they sound wonderfull they are very loud) then fit a pair of DB killers, i used BSM ones which fit a treat and the cans still sound good but without the excess noise

pete
10-03-2005, 09:13 PM
Shaun,
where do you get these from? - I'm wondering if they fit Leo Vince's ;)

Cheers,

Pete

if you want to reduce the noise of the open termis (even though they sound wonderfull they are very loud) then fit a pair of DB killers, i used BSM ones which fit a treat and the cans still sound good but without the excess noise

Shauns4
11-03-2005, 06:40 AM
I bought them from David Silvers, they are made for BSM cans not Termis, measure the outlet from your cans and if it is ~ 48 mm then they should fit, not cheap ~ £40/pr. The cans still sound good but it takes the edge off especially at low revs.

http://www.davidsilverspares.co.uk/index.html

Shaun

nambduke
05-06-2005, 07:55 PM
Shaun,

Looked on the Dave Silvers site and couldn't find your link for the BSM DB Killers. Have you got the reference numbers so I can contact them direct on the phone and order some.....my Remus Titanium cans sound fantastic but it's only a matter of time before I'm pulled. My latest party trick is to see how many car alarms I can set off as I drive passed parked cars...much to my son's amusement! I'm 46 going on 3.

Any info would be great....if you could take some pics that'd be useful though. I could get some made up if you could get me the details/sizes etc

Regards,
nambski

Shauns4
05-06-2005, 08:14 PM
Hi,

The db killers i bought are actually made for BSM cans, so if you send David Silvers email asking for db killers to fit BSM cans i am sure you they will reply with a positive answer, there is only one type as far as I know.

sales@davidsilverspares.co.uk

You need to check the OD of the outlet on your cans to make sure it matches.

I still have mine fitted, much less noise but still sounds good.

They are not cheap, around £20 each.

Shaun

Phoenix
05-06-2005, 09:47 PM
I have some that fit Sils - got them from Sparehsack but didn't need them. Can check diam if you like?

£25 the pair

bod
05-06-2005, 10:09 PM
Isn't that why we bought them inj the 1st place..a lot safer around town and in traffic? :confused:

Didge
06-06-2005, 01:52 PM
Bod, you're right. I fitted my cans to let 'that sound' out and be heard, none of this mamby pamby decibel killer for me.
I've got a nice quiet bike for those early morning starts, and besides, more people love the sound of an 'unleased' Ducati than not, and that includes coppers on the whole.

Shauns4
07-06-2005, 08:24 PM
There's loud and there is loud, drumming your ears after 100 miles is not good (for me anyway). The bike is still not quiet by any standard but the earplugs now work!

It will also pass the MOT like this so no need to put the standard Cans back on, in addtion it develops more torque at the bottom end which after all is what we all want?

Shaun

PaulS
07-06-2005, 08:36 PM
It will also pass the MOT like this so no need to put the standard Cans back on

Not if the MOT tester sees the "for race use only" stamp on the inside of the front band that holds the silencer together.

Shauns4
07-06-2005, 08:44 PM
The band has been replaced by a plain band and they don't need to be stamped to BS or whatever, the noise level is at the testers descretion and this is the main criteria, so providing they are not too noisy and not stamped 'not for road use' or whatever they will pass the MOT.