PDA

View Full Version : dyno run carb question type thing..

A Yerbury
10-03-2005, 02:32 PM
So there seems to be a flat spot or lull low revs in fifth? It seems to have manifest itself after putting a semi open lid on after having a fully open job before? before I hack the bejesus out if this one Ill take a few spins completely open and see what happens.....anyway the question is thus? I understand the principals of a dyno run the curve etc but if one has a blip or flat bit how does one alter the fuelling to only affect that point of the power band and not have other effects elsewhere? I suppose that all carbs have their optimim setting and its just a case of getting to it? after all there is only the mixture screw on these carbs?
any boring technical info appreciated.
Alex.

DesmoDog
10-03-2005, 04:43 PM
Not sure mate, there was a very detailed posting link type thing a long time ago on a discussion about the merits of satge 1 & 2. Try a search in the threads - I'm pretty sure you contributed. Failing that, ever considered replacing the box with pods? Look at the performance upgrade on Ducatisuite http://www.ducatisuite.com/

A Yerbury
10-03-2005, 04:48 PM
thanks des thats very kind but also a bit rubbish! "hey yerbs try out your earlier posts!" well I just did 3 circuits, fully sealed box with the two gaps (no trumpets) drilled box and just the kn, it seemed that the flat spot low revs in 5th disapeared with the tight box? but then fully open I seemed to get a bit more bite lower down, the flat spot wasnt nearly as bad as I imagined and of course the carbs howl quite nicely?
ah well.
Alex.
ps the weathers lovely by the way.

crust
10-03-2005, 05:01 PM
The fueling can be changed at different points by altering different parts of the carb.

EDIT - COS I WAS WRONG

SEE HERE, Refers to old stuff but the principles the same - http://www.oldbritts.com/amal_tun.html

Each part can be changed in size to get better fueling at various stages. Theres also other parts that wear to affect the efficiency of the carbs.

See this page for something that affects carbed monsters.

http://www.factorypro.com/tech/needle_jet_Mikuni.html

I think the above is correct, I've got a great link somewhere that goes into more detail about the affects of each part. People have written books about the various bits.

:) Crust

A Yerbury
10-03-2005, 05:08 PM
thanks thats perfect, of course I forgot that there is a diff adjustment point/item for diff points of fuel air distribution.
cheers, Ill check the link.

crust
10-03-2005, 05:10 PM
sorry, old two fingers typer here was editing, did you see the old style brit link?

Our carbs are basically the same - but you have to read it aloud in a Mr Chumley-Warner voice preferably in a black and white room whilst Mrs Chumley Warner prepare scones.

:) Crust

DesmoDog
11-03-2005, 08:52 AM
Aha, you see, you see! Well do you! I knew someone had posted something mightly technical up. And my ploy of posting so you went to the head of the posts instead of being buried under plane spotters threads helped. P.S. the weather's here, wish you were lovely.

A Yerbury
11-03-2005, 09:07 AM
I think I know why this has all come to pass, I just removed my lovely dna fairing -copyright spacemonkeys insults dept. and of course that diverted a lot of the air? so with out it I is a bit leaner....maybe. Anyway the box has just been taped with the cheapest gaffa tape known to man so keep your eyes on the horizon for small explosions over Normandy. Again.
ps. I am lovely and I wish you were missed.