PDA

View Full Version : Biker build off and Boyd Caddington Hot rods

Albie
09-03-2005, 07:24 PM
I cant help watching these programmes just because there full of characters and am so amazed at the class of build and design they use. Not at all my type of bikes to ride but the work and dedication they input is fantastic. The hot rods I could drive and last nite they were building a 'WOODY' . Very nice too. Much be nice to be able to play with metal like that. I wish. :D :D

walkingpictures
09-03-2005, 11:42 PM
I watch 'em too mate,enjoy it a lot,can't help thinking that a lot is put on for the camera's,same as American Chopper,but not bad for a laugh hey?Think Dave in the USA might be able to add some words of wisdom to this thread ;)

Kimbo :)

Byron Kauffman
10-03-2005, 02:51 AM
The OCC guys are set up here in Daytona this week. Two full size Big Rig trucks (Lories) with all the bikes, and a mile long line for autographs. The one truck is a mobile store just for OCC merchandise. Anyone need anything?

The hot rod culture is getting tv attention just like the chopper shows. It will be nice when things get back to normal and being a hot rodder is not trendy.
Boyd has been around a long time in the Hot Rod scene. I dont always like his cars but the show is a laugh. Kind of like cartoons with real people.
I dont know if the shop is open anymore. There was word that some government legal trouble was brewing over the cars being titled and taxed as rebuilt original cars when in reality they are few if any parts from original vintage cars.
Basically you cant build a car from scratch and title it as a 32 Ford even if it looks like one. You must start with at least a real vehicle ID number on part of a original car. Due to each state in the US having its own registration rules it is sometimes easy to build completely new "OLD" cars from as little as a original vehicle ID number that you own. Build the new 32 ford, stamp in the old numbers and process the paperwork in the right state and it gets in the system. Not a big deal as long as you dont go on national TV showing it done.

Dave in USA
10-03-2005, 05:13 AM
The Biker Build Off last week with Cole Foster & Hank Young was good. (Cole's a HAMB'er too Byron) No drama, no fish in the mail, no 'beginners guide to building a bike' books....

I like Russell Mitchell too http://www.exilecycles.com/ (but then again, he's a fellow Brit) that trike he built was great...

As for the Paul & Paulie show..... :o TV at it's finest...NOT!

B*yd and his monkeys...Charley left to work for Foose & Blue Bear works for Jimmy White...

The guys who do his interior work & the guys who did the body for the Aluma-Tub were awesome (oh dear, sound like Paul Snr)...But that twat of a shop foreman needs a slap in the teeth!! :D

Dave

Pedro
10-03-2005, 06:14 AM
Yeah, what Dave said!