PDA

View Full Version : Collie...........

Didge
08-03-2005, 06:54 PM
........please explain your avatar, in detail, as I'm not only curious, but a little concerned for your sanity.
Ta very much.

Collie_dog
08-03-2005, 08:07 PM
ahhh my dear uneducated Didge, but i feel the need for a compertition.... :rolleyes:

So come on peeps what's my avatar? The prize is a dip in my swimming pool!!

Didge
08-03-2005, 08:10 PM
ahhh my dear uneducated Didge, but i feel the need for a compertition.... :rolleyes:

So come on peeps what's my avatar? The prize is a dip in my swimming pool!!

If you insist my buxom friend.
Is it some form of X-Ray machine?

Collie_dog
08-03-2005, 08:14 PM
close but no swimming just yet...ohhh go on but just ya little toe!! :D

Didge
08-03-2005, 08:18 PM
A scanner of some kind?
I'm not a bloody doctor you know!

Collie_dog
08-03-2005, 08:21 PM
alright i'll give you a clue....

without it all of the things you mentioned wouldn't work!

Didge
08-03-2005, 08:44 PM
It's a camera, or whatever you call the thing that takes the film of said X-Ray/Scan.

Scotty
08-03-2005, 08:50 PM
difraction grateing ?

Didge
08-03-2005, 08:52 PM
difraction grateing ?

You keep your painful sounding perversions to yourself dear.
God we get all kinds of strange ones on here don't we.

Collie_dog
08-03-2005, 08:55 PM
It's a camera, or whatever you call the thing that takes the film of said X-Ray/Scan.

Nope!
Try again!

celt
08-03-2005, 09:00 PM
is it th patent for a cat scan

celt
08-03-2005, 09:01 PM
or is it a diagram of the Coolidge tube

Didge
08-03-2005, 09:02 PM
What about what that perv Scotty said, is that not right. or is that difraction grateing he mentioned just what I thought it was?
Some sort of mucky Perverted pastime like Masons allegedly practice behind closed doors with a goat and a spoon.
Damn even writing difraction grateing, makes my teeth go on edge. Lucky it's after 10 o'clock, as the kids should all be in bed now.
That reminds me, I'm waking the neighbours up at 5am, I'd best get to bed myself.

Didge
08-03-2005, 09:07 PM
or is it a diagram of the Coolidge tube

Here's another bloody one! Coolidge Tube? What's one supposed to do with one of them? Sounds very anal to me.
They're all crawling out of the bloody woodwork now. Get some buxom breasted girly like Collie posting, and all the pervs come out with their mucky little tubes and graters.

celt
08-03-2005, 09:12 PM
sorry didge.

but you wouldnt want a coolidge tube up your jaksee if u could help it.

plus i was to late with the planes

gary tompkins
08-03-2005, 09:15 PM
Is it the Primary Photonic Ioniser from the Mk IV transporter system on the Starship Enterprise?

Collie_dog
08-03-2005, 09:20 PM
It's not difration grating, nor is it a patent for a CAT scan (baaa bloody compertition) but yes you are quite right it's a type of coolidge tube, otherwise known as an x-ray tube.

And here's a bigger piccy of it, it shows the vacum tube and the rotating anode, also the cathode and filament...ohhh it's all so technical.

My bread and butter, and out of a presentation i have to give to my students next week eeekkk!! :eek:

Night night Didge mate enjoy waking the neighbours at 5am!!!

Dark-Jon
08-03-2005, 09:22 PM
No, it's clearly a cut away drawing of the Mark II Intermix Chamber on the Cochrane Primary Warp Core manifold with the Plasma Conduit of the auxilary EPS system removed for clarity :D

DJ, off to put my Star Trek nerd hat on

fatbloke
08-03-2005, 09:35 PM
It's not difration grating, nor is it a patent for a CAT scan (baaa bloody compertition) but yes you are quite right it's a type of coolidge tube, otherwise known as an x-ray tube.

And here's a bigger piccy of it, it shows the vacum tube and the rotating anode, also the cathode and filament...ohhh it's all so technical.

My bread and butter, and out of a presentation i have to give to my students next week eeekkk!! :eek:

Night night Didge mate enjoy waking the neighbours at 5am!!!

Collie your talking out of your well formed rump Garys right its a thingame
jig from the starship enterprise and whats more I can prove it.

No hang thats right i cant prove it
Collie you may be right :rolleyes:

gary tompkins
08-03-2005, 09:41 PM
No, it's clearly a cut away drawing of the Mark II Intermix Chamber on the Cochrane Primary Warp Core manifold with the Plasma Conduit of the auxilary EPS system removed for clarity :D

DJ, off to put my Star Trek nerd hat on

Well spotted Jon - it was the Plasma Conduit being left out of the diagram that threw me -mind you I'm sure thats actually the Mark III unit. The Mark II only has 10 bolts securing the core manifold, which was upgraded to 15 on the Mark III due to leaks under high loads.

Refer to episode 5 - series 2 (Enterprise about to crash into a Sun)

Kirk- "Scotty I need full warp power now, we are starting to burn up!"
Scotty-"She canneh tek it captain, the core manifold is leaking & gonna blow!"
Bones- "Christ Jim!"
Spock- "Scans indicate that Mr Scotts troosers are on fire Captain Kirk"

:D

Dark-Jon
08-03-2005, 09:48 PM
lol, I bow to your superior knowledge :o

DJ

Collie_dog
09-03-2005, 03:27 PM
Well spotted Jon - it was the Plasma Conduit being left out of the diagram that threw me -mind you I'm sure thats actually the Mark III unit. The Mark II only has 10 bolts securing the core manifold, which was upgraded to 15 on the Mark III due to leaks under high loads.

Damn i've been found out, i haven't moved to America to work on Oncology equipment, i have actually been selected to join the Star Fleet Acadamy, as i have immense knowledge in particle accelerators and a new theory on proton energies that will result in the re-structuing of the Lang cycle fusion engines and i'll be taking my place when term re-starts in Sept. :rolleyes:

Nonnie
09-03-2005, 04:38 PM
I graduated. Now I'm a fully fledged totally winged space cadet......

Is your avatar the diagram of the inside of the trojan horse? Showing emergency exits etc.,

Didge
09-03-2005, 04:41 PM

Refer to episode 5 - series 2 (Enterprise about to crash into a Sun)

Kirk- "Scotty I need full warp power now, we are starting to burn up!"
Scotty-"She canneh tek it captain, the core manifold is leaking & gonna blow!"
Bones- "Christ Jim!"
Spock- "Scans indicate that Mr Scotts troosers are on fire Captain Kirk"

:D

.....and there was me, thinking that I was the anorak of the week.

Collie_dog
10-03-2005, 11:38 PM
.....and there was me, thinking that I was the anorak of the week.

Only if your anorak is a bit stinky and has some dubious unknown, scratch and sniff try to guess what it was type of stains on it!!

Ya know i'm missing you really!! ;)

Didge
11-03-2005, 04:38 AM
Only if your anorak is a bit stinky and has some dubious unknown, scratch and sniff try to guess what it was type of stains on it!!

It goes without saying Sam.

Ya know i'm missing you really!! ;)

Going by your facial expressions last year at the Weekender, I don't believe you are missing me at all.