PDA

View Full Version : Waking The Neighbours........

Didge
08-03-2005, 04:19 PM
Oh dear, I went to replace the front brake pads on my GS500 this arfternoon, but the retaining pin that holds the pads in place, is stuck fast, so that's made the bike unusable tomorrow.
I've now got to use the Monster, and I have to leave for work at 5am :eek: tomorrow, and as I like to warm her up for a minute or two, I think me neighbours are not gonna be too happy..................... :o

dazzi-b
08-03-2005, 04:53 PM
Do the decent thing then and take round some cotton wool tonight :D :D

Fodder
08-03-2005, 05:13 PM
That bloke across the road from you used to love it when we all visited your place on the odd Sunday afternoon. He used to come out and watch/hear us all leave, smiling and nodding at us as we went.....................start it up in front of his house, he won't mind :D
Or you could time it to coincide with the first of the mornings 747's approaching.
Or alternatively remove the end cans for a few mornings to "desensitise" the neighbours and then after a couple of days put the cans back on, they'll not even stir.

Hope this helps ;)

Didge
08-03-2005, 05:26 PM
That bloke across the road from you used to love it when we all visited your place on the odd Sunday afternoon. He used to come out and watch/hear us all leave, smiling and nodding at us as we went.....................start it up in front of his house, he won't mind :D

Yeah, that's Tim, he's a bit of a bible basher, but he love's bikes, so he's not all bad. In fact he owns a newish (quiet) Triumph.

Or you could time it to coincide with the first of the mornings 747's approaching.
Or alternatively remove the end cans for a few mornings to "desensitise" the neighbours and then after a couple of days put the cans back on, they'll not even stir.

Hope this helps ;)

As usual, yer full of useless suggestions Fods. I'll just have to act all nonchalant. Anyway, I'll have my ear-plugs in, so it shouldn't be too bad. :twisted:

Paranoid Dave
08-03-2005, 05:49 PM
Didge me ol' chum, do as I do on those days you have to be out at the crack. Wheel the bike 100 yards down the road first and wake someone elses neighbours up instead of your own :D

gary tompkins
08-03-2005, 06:06 PM
I take it you have tried the boiling water -WD40 - hammer - bigger hammer -throw tools around the garage & sulk routine on the GS500 caliper?

Didge
08-03-2005, 07:01 PM
I take it you have tried the boiling water -WD40 - hammer - bigger hammer -throw tools around the garage & sulk routine on the GS500 caliper?

I've tried heat (not boiling water though), and everything else. I think it's a 'remove and take it to my mates bike repair shop job'.
Bit of a pain, as it means refilling/bleeding the front brake.