PDA

View Full Version : England V Australia

Tigerlily
08-03-2005, 03:33 PM
I've recently noticed that we have a few members who have emigrated from Australia and have actually chosen to live in this cold, damp part of the world!

I was just wondering what on earth posessed you to do such a thing?????
I can see why people want to go to Oz, but I don't understand why anyone would want move over here!?

Surely people don't get fed up with good weather over there?

claicerrig
08-03-2005, 03:41 PM
Tiger

The Company i work for send a lot of staff here to Anglesey Wales from Both Austraila and New Zeland but we also get sent there :cool: :cool:

Most of the time it seem`s to coincide with the Rugby or Cricket Tours :p

Last year i got sent to Canada up into the Artic Circle with a bunch of them and Boy did they hate the Cold (+43 degsC :cool: where they left to -18 windchill -26degC :eek: in Canada)

I found that like a good winter blast round Snowdonia on me Monster :D :D

TP-996
08-03-2005, 04:04 PM
Well, I came over here for a lot of reasons starting with:

Because it's easier to see Europe with London as your base because going anywhere from Oz is a long haul flight.
Because it's easier to travel on £'s than it is $AUD
Because I'm in IT and do consulting work so there's more challenging work for me as Brisbane doesn't attract too many headquarters of large company's
Because contracting as an IT consultant can pay my house off in Oz and I'd always dreamed about being able to afford a Ducati in Oz and now I own two :D:D:D
For the experience for my wife and I and my kids

A whole load of reasons I guess. I've been for nearly 3 years and haven't been home yet and I'm starting to really miss the weather. And the beach. I grew up on the Gold Coast and used to live 150m from the sand - it was fantastic. But, I couldn't just nip over to Bologna on a Corse pilgrimage for the weekend (1p flights) from Brisbane so it's all relative. I also would never have been able to go racing in Oz let alone racing a Ducati like I am this year.

Does that make sense?