PDA

View Full Version : Replacement Clutch Plates

Dark-Jon
08-03-2005, 01:46 PM
Hi

I've been looking for some replacement clutch plates as mine are on the way out (well, for the past 3000 miles they've been going) and have come across 2 different type of Standard plates, Steel and Aluminium. I know the steel ones are for the older 600's, but the Ali ones fit both the 600 and the 620. So, whats better, Steel (stronger?) or Ali (lighter?) and will the Steel ones even fit my bike (they look the same for all thats worth.

Cheers

Dark-Jon

peteS4
08-03-2005, 03:58 PM
bloody hell mate..... how many miles you done to wear your plates down already !!!!!!!! i;ve just changed some plates on a mates 600 dark....... that has done 19000 miles..... yours cant be that old !!!!!!

Pedro
08-03-2005, 04:21 PM
DJ

try our old friend Superlight3 (Lee to his mates!) at his ebay shop. Go to Ebay and search in the Shops section for "Ducatisparesonline" (yes all one word). He should be able to sort you out.

Ped

Dark-Jon
08-03-2005, 04:23 PM
Well it started slipping about 7k, mainly over a bump or when cranking the throttle open. Made it through the track day with it too, wasn't getting proper drive out of the last chicane so AK helped me change a couple of the plates over from Blufoots old clutch after his broke a couple of plates. Kept me going but it still slips. The clutch 'bites' right at the end of the lever travel so I presume it's wear rather than anything out of wack, wasn't aware anything could be 'manualy' adjusted on the clutch though...

I was actually looking at Superlights ebay store when i saw the 2 different ones. Seems to be cheaper than a lot of other places I've seen and he serviced my bike back when he was doing all that so have no problems dealing with him, good bloke.

DJ :burnout:

peteS4
09-03-2005, 03:03 PM
find out if the plates from a 750 will fit the new 620..... if so, check here http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=10448&item=7959576760&rd=1