PDA

View Full Version : belly pan for S4 ?

vtwin
07-03-2005, 08:40 PM
Hi,
I can find belly pans for monsters but not an S4. Can anyone suggest a good one for a red S4 ?

grunter
07-03-2005, 09:00 PM
on links page has them :cool:

grunter
07-03-2005, 09:02 PM
http://www.spareshack.com/cgi-bin/browse-no-frames.cgi?session=57669628&view=group&group=mon4900s4bod1

NattyBoy
07-03-2005, 09:16 PM
Yep..as grant sez stus your best bet...Can vouch for a monza style one as got one from him for my s4r (mind you the imolas cool too!)...fit no probs (its based on the ducati performance one).

Stu also sometimes has some fibreglass colour injected 'seconds' which he does a deal on (mind you he must be a bloody perfectionist coz I can never see anything wrong with the stuff !!)

Cheers
Nat

vtwin
09-03-2005, 10:16 PM
OK, thanks.

vtwin
10-04-2005, 09:58 PM
Hi, I finally got an S4 Foggy Carbon Fibre belly pan on Ebay. Bargain!
So now I need to fit it. Not having done this before, I am wondering do I have to replace the standard bolts with longer ones before I can fit it?
It comes with fixing brackets but no bolts or instructions. The brackets are about an inch long with an approx quarter inch socket on each end.

Thanks for any advice.
Cheers.

Shauns4
12-04-2005, 08:57 PM
Must be a different belly pan to the ducati one fitted to my S4 as there are no brackets, it's mounted on 3 engine casing bolts and behind the side stand bracket.

Can send some pics if needed.

Shaun

JONJAR
13-04-2005, 07:19 AM
Make sure you drill some holes in the bottom of it, otherwise it will fill up with water. :)

vtwin
16-04-2005, 05:32 PM
Thanks for all the helpful suggestions - they're much appreciated. Job done now. see pic. :)

cheers.
(Oh, yes, by the way three of the four 6mm bolts needed changing for 35mm instead of 25mm)

http://www.nickrogers.net/photos/belly-pan.GIF

nambduke
09-05-2005, 09:52 PM
Hi,
Do you have a pic of the other side of the belly pan. I've picked up a similar BP and can't figure out how the brackets fit in the LH side.
Regards,
nambduke

vtwin
10-05-2005, 10:42 PM
Yes, here is a picture, but the real trick is you do need longer bolts. I tried to get them from a small local bike shop but in the end only the Ducati dealer had the right size. Four bolts - one can use the original, two need 10mm longer ones to allow for the bracket but the front bolt in this picture needs to be another 10mm longer still or you can strip the thread. Bear in mind the casing the bolts are going into is aluminium so they don't need much tension.

The original bolts are 25mm so you need 35mm and 45mm or get longer and cut them down. The longer ones have a 10mm unthreaded shoulder which is the same length as the socket of the bracket.

Cheers.

http://www.nickrogers.net/photos/bellypan2.gif

nambduke
15-05-2005, 12:33 AM
Thanks vtwin. I'll try and fit mine Sunday morning!

Regards,
nambduke

nambduke
15-05-2005, 10:42 PM
Hi vtwin....

All sorted as you can see on the attached file. Not bad for £39 from Germany off ebay. I had to spray it though, but the couple of quid that cost me, I'm really chuffed with the results. Had to get the old Dremel out to make the fit better still. One of the small brackets rear RH side had to have a vee notch made in it, but all in all I'm happy with the result. One final point....All of the original bolts on my monster were refitted without the need for longer ones?? Maybe the brackets on my BP are slightly different?

Regards,
nambduke

vtwin
18-05-2005, 09:11 PM
Hi vtwin....

All sorted as you can see on the attached file. Not bad for £39 from Germany off ebay. I had to spray it though, but the couple of quid that cost me, I'm really chuffed with the results. Had to get the old Dremel out to make the fit better still. One of the small brackets rear RH side had to have a vee notch made in it, but all in all I'm happy with the result. One final point....All of the original bolts on my monster were refitted without the need for longer ones?? Maybe the brackets on my BP are slightly different?

Regards,
nambduke

Looks cool. :cool: