PDA

View Full Version : fork bush

inchman
07-03-2005, 02:58 PM
Hello all, I decied to change the fork seals on my 1994 900 (showa forks)monster at the weekend as the oil was running out after a run. When I had the forks disassembeled to replace the seals I thought that the bush that the slider slides in, mounted just above the oil seal looked a bit worn, and decided to change this while I had the forks apart. Phoned the nearest dealer and the bush is not showing up on their drawing, the girl in the parts department even faxed me the drawing and I can't see the bush. I have a haynes manual and it calls this part a bush and shows a photo, the workshop manual that i got of ebay on cd calls this part a guide bush. Has anybody any idea to a part number or where I would get this part..????

cheers Gary

A Yerbury
07-03-2005, 05:13 PM
If you download the spare parts pdf it has all that in there as well as part numbers for showa and mazocchi! I downloaded the pdf, scotty has the url, its on the duc url but its a bugger to find. welllll worth the download.

spacemonkey
07-03-2005, 05:42 PM
My 93 900 should have the 'Golden Showa' forks listed as per Haynes Book of Lies and Duc's computer spares list. However, on overhaul recently, they proved to be different inside. These early Monsters were generally assembled with whatever was lying about on the factory floor at the time. I think mine came off an 851 or summit like that. Yours might be different too? Mine does have these bushes too.

inchman
07-03-2005, 06:34 PM
Hello, I downloaded the parts list off the ducati web site, but it only goes back as far as year 2000 and the forks look different..

cheers Gary