PDA

View Full Version : craigs helmet care corner...

A Yerbury
05-03-2005, 09:54 AM
I was getting awfully steamed up last night so we pulled off by the roadside and I eagerly rubbed a few healthy blobs of bobs white foam into my helmet. Bob comes in a very small package but keeps going for hours? cheap too! There are other anti fog visor sprays but “bob heaths” does seems to work rather well.

Dave Pearson
05-03-2005, 10:34 AM
I too was having a bit of a steamy time last Sunday. I remember it well because this kind of thing hasn't happened to me very much lately :eek: (too cold).
I bought something that attaches to my helmet, and it made the experience so much more pleasurable.
The Foggy Anti Fog Breath Guard by Respro is brilliant. £11.99 from Hein Gericke, well worth the money.

Albie
05-03-2005, 04:09 PM
I to will recommend the Foggy breath mask thingy. Works well. :D :D :bunny:

nik_the_brief
05-03-2005, 04:27 PM
I to will recommend the Foggy breath mask thingy. Works well. :D :D :bunny:

Do they work with flip-front lids? :confused:

Albie
05-03-2005, 04:31 PM
No I dont think so as it sticks to chinbar and velcro's to sides :(

CraigMac
05-03-2005, 04:44 PM
Being a child of the sixties and riding from the mid seventies, I remember the days when full face helmets were the new thing!! (Christ I sound old)
My first helmet was a Bell and visor steaming was a new problem.
Anti fog products had not been invented, So if you find yourself without any of the latest products, try wiping the inside of the visor with a mild solution of "Fairy Liquid", It works.
Alex, I strongly advise that you paint that Helmet Purple.....it really is the ONLY colour for the "coming season"
Regards
Craig.

A Yerbury
05-03-2005, 05:30 PM
when you first bought your helmet craig -all them years gone by!- did the young folk adorn their lids with comedy ears like pd? or those crazy "mohawk" styles so favoured by the crazy streetfighter types? so craig, in your halycon youth, did you ever stick any thing cheap and nasty on your bell end?
yours.
AY.

CraigMac
05-03-2005, 05:43 PM
Funny you should mention that Alex.
A freind of mine, Mr Yamamoto, sent me some stickers over from Tokyo, these stickers were all the rage at the time and were a pair of "eyes".
I only used one of them, which I affixed right at the top of my Purple crash helmet.
How people laughed at the sight of my purple helmet and my Japs eye!
I was the talk of the town.

grunter
05-03-2005, 05:45 PM
do an insert thats stop you steam up and a light reactive version

A Yerbury
05-03-2005, 05:50 PM
It was too cold and icy for the bike yesterday, so I abandoned her on the village outskirts and took the rest of the journey on foot, Imagine my surprise when a young blonde gal pulled over and offered me a lift.....entente cordial indeed! So If you are cold, weary and want nothing more in the world than to be picked up by a charming young lady then stand by the side clutching your helmet! They love it.
Alex.
ps. True story. but she was married and not a bona fide blonde........

CraigMac
05-03-2005, 06:02 PM
It just goes to show, that there is an upside to this terrible weather that wer'e having.
Regards
Craig.

A Yerbury
05-03-2005, 07:10 PM
And a downside, as I say, she was married....
Alex.
its just started bloody snowing again.