PDA

View Full Version : straight through pipes

benjiwillik
04-03-2005, 08:10 PM
has anybody ever manufactured/lashed up any harley style straight through, stubby exhaust pipes for a monster......strictly for non road use of course! ;)

when I was in the states a few years back, these seemed all the rage with chopper riding gay boys,and they do sound lurvly....any thoughts???

fatbloke
04-03-2005, 08:22 PM
I've never seen a set of straight through pipes but if you wanted a set
Andy at ZORSTEC (http://ww.zorstec.com) will make anything you want.

Albie
04-03-2005, 08:32 PM
I started mine up without the cans the oter week. Oh my Gord the noise. Nah no thanks. :D

peteS4
04-03-2005, 09:36 PM
i'm with albie on this one....... when fitting my high level cans i started her up without any on thinking it would sound sweet............. WRONG.......... ooh soooooo very wrong. a harley sounds ok because its pistons are huge and the hardley move, its a very slow engine...... where as my s4 pounds up and down with some force so the sound was like an old metro with a split middle box.............. i was shocked so dont bother wasting your money on a one off pipe..... and just in case you still have any doubts, remove your cans over the weekend and start her up................ i already know your reaction !!!!!

A Yerbury
05-03-2005, 08:39 AM
Ah yes but an m600 sans cans sounds nicer than an s4 without cans, -small victory for the little guys wa hey- I can also vouche for a harley like thump as I pulled up behind a couple...in fact it sounded better!? However The over run "parrrp" is a bit of an annoying rattle though in this state. I was going to use my old mans recording clobber to sample the various cans standard/remus/cans orf so to speak, but as he pointed out...."Alex thats f*****g pathetic" he s right.
Alex.

abbeyalto
07-03-2005, 02:27 PM
Do it! Do it!

Spike
07-03-2005, 02:45 PM
I think PD's are almost straight thru's and sounds great, if I could get away with it I'd run mine that way, but the Sil's set car alarms going as you pass even with the throttle closed,so go for it.

lord vader
07-03-2005, 03:48 PM
Mine are not quite straight through but hand made by the guy who owned it before me they have the mear waff of baffling and sounds awsume. Picture shows over all effect i do still have his e-mail if it is the sort of thing your looking for.

Mand
07-03-2005, 06:27 PM
Ooooo nice pipes, I like those!!!! I would have so much fun polishing those babies. :)

Boon
07-03-2005, 06:57 PM
mand you can polish my pipes any time !

celt
07-03-2005, 07:32 PM
i feel a queue forming

Boon
07-03-2005, 07:36 PM
sorry but I could not resist lol Yummy lol

benjiwillik
07-03-2005, 08:12 PM
Mine are not quite straight through but hand made by the guy who owned it before me they have the mear waff of baffling and sounds awsume. Picture shows over all effect i do still have his e-mail if it is the sort of thing your looking for.

I do like the look of those-do you get much attention from the old bill with them? I'm guessing they use the original monster link pipes too (one size fits most type thing me thinks)I could be tempted. Any body fancy quoting me happy for a one off exhuast?! :)

lord vader
07-03-2005, 10:22 PM
Too early to say on the intrest level from the rozzers as it's my new toy, but i burbled up behind a traffic range rover the other day and took the next exit, given the throb and smaller than average number plate i chickened out. :lol: benjiwillik i'll e-mail the guy who built these pipes and see if he would be able or intrested in making some more. if i get a min i'll try and post a better picture. :burnout:

Vman
08-03-2005, 02:40 PM
Make Ducati Choppers

You can just see the ends of the pipes sticking out, under the engine.

http://www.motocreations.com/mainimages/CAFfront.jpg

On a louder note , The pipes on my S4R are as good as straight thru and they are LOUD and very LOVELY!!! :D :D :D