PDA

View Full Version : Monster Weekender Forum Prizes 2005.

Julie
04-03-2005, 11:12 AM
Monster Weekender Forum Prizes 2005.
*******We need your Votes*******

Please place your votes…Who do you think should win?

1. Most Welcome Newcomer 2005?
Spike (Great on technical advice and an asset to the MMM with his knowledge of the roads in the midlands)
CK (Hardly a newcomer but she was away for 6 months)
Chappers (For all those Jokes and seeing the light getting her license and buying a monster)
TigerLilly - (for supporting the Manky monsters (IN THE SNOW ) and coming along to the track day even tho she didn't race)
Little Monster - (as above really - for supporting the Manky monsters (IN THE SNOW ) and coming along to the track day even tho she didn't race)
Lucky Dave (for getting named unlucky dave for buying his 'unusual monster')
The Kevlar Kid (for support help and advice)
Sammye (for support help and advice)
Logyk (for having a fantastic S4R supporting lots of regions events and help and advice)
Nonnie (for doubling the membership in Ipswich)
Nick 40 (for taking on the role of Warwickshire Area Rep)
Rogerg (for pinching the S4 everytime him and Sarah go out)
And if you need more names..try these - Lost again - V-Twin - Radar_UK - Gee - Andy Pee - Norrie - Mrs Jel - Single Track - Boon - Scrumpster - Desmo Dude - Emmett

2. Most helpful member 2005?

Pedro (For all his the technical help)
La Marsu (For always being there to help)
Natty Boy (For selling us everything)
Jmo (For all her technical help and doing most of the clubs Tail Chops)
Any of the Area Reps - (For all the effort and organisation over the year with sorting out ride outs etc)

3. Most memorable Thread or Post 2005?

Dark John - 'How long are your monster legs'
NattyBoy - 'Beer'
Dave in USA - 'Show us your Tattoos'
Julie & Ruth - 'Top 5 laminated list'
Elmo - 'Banshees crash video at Mallory park'
Didge - 'stickers and sliders'
Mand - Basically anything she posts is memorable with 'That' avatar..
Kev Bunney - 'Where is this' Kev's photos of the UK making us guess where it was taken.

Obviously these are just suggestions to help jog your memory. Please feel free to vote for anything or anyone you like. (but please can I ask, don’t vote for the recent controversial threads in the 'most memorable thread' category. We want positive votes. Lets just forget the recent going's on.

Thank you for your help.

I look forward to getting your nominations please PM or E-mail.
or put your nominations on this thread.

Julie

Sarah
04-03-2005, 11:31 AM
my votes go for

1. Logyk
2. equally between Pedro & Duncan
3. Didge and not just for THAT post but a whole host of others that have made me giggle :lol: :D

Sarah :)

The Kevlar Kid
04-03-2005, 11:42 AM
Mine are for:

1. Chappers - for the jokes and the whole learning / crashing / rebuilding experience.

Madhatter (Beds rep) - for sorting out all our local goings on, and most ale drunk in a tent in a field in winter.
or
Runingman - for his efforts in organising the bikesafe day etc.

3. Mand - that avatar is strangely mesmorising

Nonnie
04-03-2005, 11:54 AM
Gosh peeps, thanks for the mention (or 2!) in the newcomers bit. Can I have double points for having the only Monnie here that's on the road?! This makes mine the LOUDEST Monster in town.

The votes from East Ipswich are as follows:

1. Singletrack for finding me on another forum and having family here.

2. PD for being a great source of help, information, advice, empty pot noodle pots, for being more untidy than me, for giving out such a brilliant welcome to the club, for not being at all scary, for answering my inane questions without laughing and for being fun to generally hang out with.

3. Those first posts by karTER which helped me find out lots about the people here.

DesmoDog
04-03-2005, 12:11 PM
2. Yerbs, Pedro, Space Monkey
1. Me, I rejoined in 04.

Julie
04-03-2005, 12:14 PM
Great you lot, thanks for the support so far. Keep em coming.

These are mine...
1. Spike
2. Jmo
3. Elmo

PS Desmo what about the other sections? are you going to vote i them?

DesmoDog
04-03-2005, 12:36 PM
PS Desmo what about the other sections? are you going to vote i them?

There are only three are there not? I'd like to vote the entire technical forum for being so helpful. Can't name a single thread, but the closest has to be any thread concerning carb icing/my bike won't start for sheer patience on behalf of those offering advice.

Banshee
04-03-2005, 01:21 PM
1. Ck
2. Mojo
3. Elmo :d

queen_gpants
04-03-2005, 01:38 PM
1. Sammye - cos he's a cheeky chap and makes me larf! :p

Don't vote for that Radar bloke, I reckon he's a bit dodgy and he doesn't really own an S4 he's got one of those cast model things on the mantel piece! ;)

2. I have to say this but I think Yerbs deserves a vote for his technical help. He sent me a sprocket cover for free and offered advice about various things when I was new to monsters and I know he's helped loads of other people on here too :)

3. Any of Didge's posts about poo...he has me in tears sometimes and no that's not the smell! :p

SAMMYE
04-03-2005, 01:38 PM
Everyone deserves a prize!!!

but if I have to choose:

1. Chappers the "funny one"
2. Gotta be the one and only Jmo
3. Cant decide too many to choose from

singletrack
04-03-2005, 03:59 PM
Monster Weekender Forum Prizes 2005.
*******We need your Votes*******

Please place your votes…Who do you think should win?

1. Most Welcome Newcomer 2005?
Spike (Great on technical advice and an asset to the MMM with his knowledge of the roads in the midlands)
CK (Hardly a newcomer but she was away for 6 months)
Chappers (For all those Jokes and seeing the light getting her license and buying a monster)
TigerLilly - (for supporting the Manky monsters (IN THE SNOW ) and coming along to the track day even tho she didn't race)
Little Monster - (as above really - for supporting the Manky monsters (IN THE SNOW ) and coming along to the track day even tho she didn't race)
Lucky Dave (for getting named unlucky dave for buying his 'unusual monster')
The Kevlar Kid (for support help and advice)
Sammye (for support help and advice)
Logyk (for having a fantastic S4R supporting lots of regions events and help and advice)
Nick 40 (for taking on the role of Warwickshire Area Rep)
Rogerg (for pinching the S4 everytime him and Sarah go out)
And if you need more names..try these - Lost again - V-Twin - Radar_UK - Gee - Andy Pee - Norrie - Mrs Jel - Single Track - Boon - Scrumpster - Desmo Dude - Emmett

Julie
1 - Nonnie - you mentioned her twice so she must have quadrupled the members in Ipswich.
2 - Yerbs - despite some of the weird and unintelligible posts he is always there with a helpful answer to a technical question.
3- I haven't seen many of them, but I am desperately looking for Elmo's thread so it has to be that one.

A Yerbury
04-03-2005, 05:28 PM
I take it one cant nominate oneself?
in that case..
1.too soon to say/differentiate -sorry!
2.ped for "being there" when needed (apart from the crush washer question)
3.too many to choose one and possibly tin o worms esque...err I find it all funny in many ways?
4.sitting on the post award to me for points 1 and 3.
thanks for the votes their chaps!.... "my adoring public"
Alexander "yerbs" yerbury

Julie
04-03-2005, 05:53 PM
174 views.....i need more votes!
Come on chaps - Keep the PM's coming or add to this thread.

fatbloke
04-03-2005, 06:01 PM
me for the nearest to loosing the plot (last week)

CK & AK
04-03-2005, 07:15 PM
me for the nearest to loosing the plot (last week)

you lost it years ago fatty! :p :lol:

Paranoid Dave
04-03-2005, 07:21 PM
OK so newcomer for me has to be nonnie, not that I've been influenced by coffee and transportation in recent weeks ;) I'd like to put an extra vote in for Norrie partly to confuse things by having nonnie and norrie in a single post but he's been a great help - see next category.

Most helpful to me would be Natty boy or Norrie, both have have been very useful in different ways of late. But Norrie has cost me less :lol:

Enjoyable post, Julies laminated list was good for a giggle but so was didge's stickers and sliders, if for no other reason than the title that some of thought referred to knee sliders and decals :rolleyes:

Banshee
04-03-2005, 09:41 PM
I aint up for anythin :rolleyes: what about forum idiot? oh right sorry yerb.. ;)

singletrack
04-03-2005, 09:48 PM
I am still looking for Elmo's thread re Banshee's crash at Mallory.
Where is it?
Has anybody got any ideas?

Scotty
04-03-2005, 09:56 PM
I am still looking for Elmo's thread re Banshee's crash at Mallory.
Where is it?
Has anybody got any ideas?

can email a video of it that someone posted once 2.5 meg

scum quality but hey you can still laugh/cringe

oh and if youre into missery ive a clip of some one dissapearing in a cloud of smoke 4.5 meg

Banshee
04-03-2005, 10:02 PM
never mind the clip, elmo cut me up and forced me off the track...end of story honest...cross my heart....needles in the eye.. no need to see it.. move on, nothing to see ere. :rolleyes:

Kev Bunney
04-03-2005, 10:06 PM
Climb every mountain, ford every stream, travel every byway until you reach your dream !!

Julie
05-03-2005, 06:54 AM
oi you thread hoggers! - just vote!

Elmo
05-03-2005, 12:32 PM
just to put the recored strait http://www.studioonline.com/playclip.asp?tiEncodingStatus=1&iDigitalMediaID=416035&LangID=1&crypt=E3F45292F779CCEC Hope it works image's not that good Please note that i had the LINE

Elmo
05-03-2005, 12:43 PM
1 nick40 :rolleyes:

2 Banshee for all those rep things he dose :confused:

3 Mand for her avatar :)

Chappers
06-03-2005, 02:48 PM
This is horrible having to choose :(

I think everyone on here is great and they all deserve a prize, without any of you guys there wouldn't be a forum :)

Right...

1. Nonnie
2. JMo
3. Elmo

Good luck everyone! :bunny:

Mand
06-03-2005, 07:01 PM
I vote for Spike as best newcomer, he is my mate and I am biased.

I vote Pedro for best technical bod, a long time ago he was very helpful about my scratched frame bits and I don't forget nice people! :)

As for best thread, I think they have to go Mr. Bunney, I love his quizzes and he is equally anal about his shiny bike as I am about mine.

Ruth
07-03-2005, 11:54 AM
hmmmmmm

1) Spike (thanks for the nipple warmers, very soft and comfy btw)
2) JMo (she talks. i listen. there's not really an option to be honest)
3) Julie & Ruth's laminated list thread (well, what did you expect me to say?)

Julie
07-03-2005, 06:04 PM
I still need a few more votes...Keep PM-ing me !

walkingpictures
07-03-2005, 06:22 PM
I still need a few more votes...Keep PM-ing me !

Gods teeth,that's some font :eek: even I could read it....have pm'd you young lady :)

Kimbo

gary tompkins
07-03-2005, 06:41 PM
1. Sammye (top banana)

2. JMo (repping & in general)

3. Didge (stickers & sliders)

:D

JMo
07-03-2005, 07:41 PM
OK...

1. Best Newcomer: Sammye - for letting me chop his tail off the first time I met him x

2. Most Helpful: Julie (and Ruth) - for downloading a 100Mb file of my XR400's workshop manual (and putting all 300 pages in plastic sleeves).

3. Most Memorable Thread: As CBT is not allowed (ahem), I'll have to say J&R's top five favorite shags - that was the one that started all the fun with changing avatars...

xxx

Phoenix
07-03-2005, 08:58 PM
1 - Sammye I reckon cos he's just fitted right in.

2 - Need 3 here - Pedro - GT and JMO all helpful but can't make up me mind.

3 - Erm - i've missed a few of the threads mentioned so i'll have a look through them when i've got a minute,

That ok Julie ? ;)

:D

pooh
08-03-2005, 07:05 PM
1) Samye
2) PD
3) Didge

Ian

Julie
04-04-2005, 12:04 PM
please feel free to keep voting all those people who havent done yet...

Julie
15-04-2005, 03:44 PM
you still have time to vote

Julie

Julie
26-04-2005, 12:05 PM
Voting is Closed now - All votes are in and counted.

Thank you for taking the time to Vote via this thread, PM and email

See you all at the weekend

Julie