PDA

View Full Version : getting out and about

peteS4
03-03-2005, 08:25 PM
well......... with the exception of radar and his misses queenie and kevlar no one from bucks seems that bothered to even come on the site let alone get out and meet up.......... and this is leading me to think about taking bike off the road for a month or two to mess about with her before the first big get together of the year, the weekender............. want to make her look different and to do so, i need to strip her down, bars off, light off, clocks off etc........ and then theres the choices i have in mind for the rear........different types of seat, different lengths..... so to any from bucks who do make the effort, i may pop out for the odd moment as chappers wants to get some riding time in before the weekender but i dont think i'm gona bother with the ace cafe or any of the other plans we thought of untill middle or end of april.............sorry....... hope you understand.............

and one last thing......... i know there seems to be this hoo haa about who said this and they did that.................. but at least these members are showing their faces............. what has happened to all the members from beds and bucks !!!!!!!!!!!! if this keeps up it will be a very small ride in from the bucks area to arrow mill.............. in fact it will be just 2........... me and chappers !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Albie
03-03-2005, 09:20 PM
Seemed like that for me last year as was dying to go out to meets. Slow start but had such a busy Summer. Kent is waking up well this year with lots of enthusiasm from our Bob.Just a shame its too cold and snowy down here. I will be up your way in summer/spring to see me sister etc. Do the mods now whilst you can.
Dont panic its just round the corner. :D

queen_gpants
04-03-2005, 07:43 AM
Don't worry Pete things will pick up with the Bucks lot it's been a crap start to the year and every time I plan to get out on my bike it either rains or snows! :eek:

The clocks go back at the end of the month (british summer time will officially arrive...ha ha ha) so we can start arranging mid week meets etc... :burnout:

Summer isn't that far away honest - she says with a blizzard going on outside the window!

How's your ear now anyway?

CK & AK
04-03-2005, 07:51 AM
Pete, last year started well at the kick off meet at Box Hill at Easter.

Many made the journey over - including Fatbloke & mates from Bucks, a troop of Ducati's from Essex, Middx, London, Berks, Herts, Kent, Hants, Sussex, Wilts - and even some from Dorset, so maybe you should definatley put this date on your diary?

From there, everyone had a chance to meet up & arrange more meets etc - followed on by the Weekender in early May & then quite a number of other large & small gatherings.

Its not long, as Celeste says - before the clocks change, the better weather will be here (I hope, having slid my way into work today :eek: ) - so hurry up & sort that bike out for the first big meet of the year.

C :)

The Kevlar Kid
04-03-2005, 10:03 AM
Greetings one and all,

I'm dying to get out for a ride, however the fact that I am still studying like mad (still, that'll all be over by Thursday the 10th) and that my bike is still in pieces in the garage at the moment as I've been too busy working / studying to even open the garage door (Needs new throttle tube, grips, brake lever, the side plates painting oh and a fork seal).

Still once all that is sorted (might also be April) I'll be out and about as often as I can, still lots of people I've not met yet.....

the doctor
17-03-2005, 07:42 PM
Hi all :eek:

The sun has started to come out,and i have woken up from my winters hibernaton.How are we all?Well the bike is nearly back on the road just new front tyre,mot and tax to go.
Hope to meet up with you lot again soon,
Only a few bits done to the bike this winter if i can start her i will see yiu all soon.

doc :burnout:

Albie
17-03-2005, 09:34 PM
Just need a nicely charged battery and she'll be fine. :D :D

The Kevlar Kid
18-03-2005, 11:51 AM
Doc!!!!!!!!!

Have you painted those side hangers black????????

Pictures please as I'm thinking about doing mine...........

Ta me duck.. :D

the doctor
18-03-2005, 05:19 PM
Hi
the side hangers were black.Put some rear sets on over winter though.I think they do look better in black thaey dont get as shabby as the standard colour.

The Kevlar Kid
18-03-2005, 06:59 PM
Nice, look forward to having a look at some point....

ruffnex
22-04-2005, 09:43 AM
oioi m8 got week end off for a change you up for ride out

Chappers
22-04-2005, 10:04 AM
oioi m8 got week end off for a change you up for ride out

Hi ya,

Me and PeteS4 are in Aylesbury this saturday (Dave Woods), getting there for around 11am-12pm as we're dropping Pete's bike off for service and mine is having some leaky problems looked at and hopefully sorted plus a bloody good service too.

Fancy hooking up beforehand?

Ta
H :p

ruffnex
22-04-2005, 10:22 AM
kule as peeps will meet up with you at daves was down there lastt week getting new tyres and poxy rear bearing sorted all dun now well apart from......................... the list neva ends

paul620sie
22-04-2005, 10:50 AM
Pete, Chappers....

I can't make tomorrow (weekends are generally not good for me ecept for some sunday eves). I will do a 3trees meet soon (but again tuesday eves are not the best day for me).

Paul