PDA

View Full Version : Guys, I`m gone........

Bob Dixon
03-03-2005, 11:51 AM
To Nik, Yerbs, Dean, and all then other good people who have corresponded with me over the past year ...this is my final posting. A telephone message which contained profanities was left on my answering machine by a certain individual connected with this list and the message was picked up by my 60 year old bookeeper/receptionist, who is a devout , godfearing lady.
This caused much upset and distress which I can do without.
Hearing this message myself made me realise that this thing has got truly out of hand. I`m still baffled as to why a bit of fun should be so distressing to some people that they leave veiled threats on the phone!
This sort of thing is truly offensive, dare I say it more offensive than anything I have seen posted by my co-corresponders and I`ve decided to call it a day. This sort of hypocrisy has been a bit prevalent recently.
Cheers everybody!
Bob

dean
03-03-2005, 12:13 PM
To Nik, Yerbs, Dean, and all then other good people who have corresponded with me over the past year ...this is my final posting. A telephone message which contained profanities was left on my answering machine by a certain individual connected with this list and the message was picked up by my 60 year old bookeeper/receptionist, who is a devout , godfearing lady.
This caused much upset and distress which I can do without.
Hearing this message myself made me realise that this thing has got truly out of hand. I`m still baffled as to why a bit of fun should be so distressing to some people that they leave veiled threats on the phone!
This sort of thing is truly offensive, dare I say it more offensive than anything I have seen posted by my co-corresponders and I`ve decided to call it a day. This sort of hypocrisy has been a bit prevalent recently.
Cheers everybody!
Bob

anybody who wants bob to stay, type AI!

CraigMac
03-03-2005, 12:14 PM
Bob,
Hilda is a lovely lady, but god fearing??
You told me, she was an ex crack addict / Whally Range, prossie, who you employed because she was cheap and available.
When did she get God, because the last time I heard her she was effing and jeffing at some kids playing football outside.
I take it that you have taken her along to one of your "Witness meetings"
Well done!!
Regards
Craig.

Yep, AI

A Yerbury
03-03-2005, 12:22 PM
Bob, get your cleaning lady to air your dirty laundry then mr "lah de dah" ....and stop whinging, I found some semtex under my "oxford dust cover" this morniong but you dont see me whinging about it.....the worlds gone bloody soft.

ps sorry "AI"

nik_the_brief
03-03-2005, 12:33 PM
Not another one, stay Bob I'm sure it'll all blow over.

Just a temporary abberration caused by the crappy weather keeping people off their bikes and causing a little cabin fever in the process.

I'm still a happy camper (but that's probably coz I'm still out and about on my Monnie not cooped up with nowt to do but sit in front of my PC and brood!).

A Yerbury
03-03-2005, 01:08 PM
that is pretty obscene really...I dont mind being assosciated with people playfully exploring double entendres but veiled violent threats? where children may hear it? is as nasty as it is pathetic. an own goal to the purveyors of morals. I would glibly say "ya gotta laugh" but clearly some people have not evolved to that point yet.