PDA

View Full Version : Can I have a blindfold?

berto
03-03-2005, 07:38 AM
I received this pleasant pm this morning.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

you are pissing people off like it or not behave or get off
yours
grunt

As I have been a member since finding out about the club in Italianbike I would like to point out it has never been my intention to !*!*!*!* off anyone.In fact I would go as far as to say I have been an ambassador(in Scotland anyway)I have helped countless other members with parts/accessories as a result of my employment with DucatiGlasgow I have carded every monster I see and this year I persuaded my boss to sponsor the club(nice link eh?)
Once more a humour bypass donor has seen fit to be upset by some innocent remark I MAY have made(can someone pinpoint it for me?).
Finally,I personally find non specific threats of this kind a bit off,If I misbehave or are reported to have misbehaved at my golf club I am spoken to like an adult to find out my side of the story,then appropriate action is taken.(just a wee pointer!)

nik_the_brief
03-03-2005, 07:51 AM
Sounds familiar Berto! :rolleyes:

Bob Dixon
03-03-2005, 08:00 AM
Hey Berto,
I got a very similar message this morning fromn the same source! Methinks that Grunter has his traffic wardens hat on at the moment........
He has got me worried though....I`ve just invested in a mirror on a stick and will be checking my car very carefully from now on.
Be wary of any suspicious parcels. :lol:

JMo
03-03-2005, 08:04 AM
Berto - you, and the others who were involved in the multiple indentity and general pissing about of last month have been spoken to on a number of occassions, and I would have thought the increasing frustration in their tone (such as Grant's most recent PM - which I might add is a PM, not for general publication - re. the Fatbloke and CK fiasco of last year), should be an indication of how upsetting this whole saga has become for the club as a whole.

You being such a fine ambassidor for the club north of the border, should perhaps now realise enough is enough and stop dragging this argument out again and again in public - Richard S is already a casualty of not knowing when to stop - don't go the same way, please.

Chill for a week or two (or maybe longer) - and hope to see you at the Monster Weekend or the Trackday for example.

JennyMo

xxx

CraigMac
03-03-2005, 08:06 AM
Berto, Ive just had the same very, polite PM.
"Behave or leave its up to you ?/ not happy with your posts or your mates grunt"
Can anyone explain this.
Anyone else had a nice, polite, eloquently crafted PM?
Regards.

dean
03-03-2005, 08:09 AM
not me, nothing, zilch, nada, didly.

p.s berto, do you really have your own golf club?

berto
03-03-2005, 08:17 AM
Yeah a three wood! On another note I have NEVER been spoken to about my conduct on this site...as if!! On yet another note if it has been a general slapping that makes it even worse..we are responsible for our own actions after all!

A Yerbury
03-03-2005, 09:00 AM
MOI AUSSI? personally I found some of yesterdays posts hilarious, Craig you have true comedy bones and I !*!*!*!* a snoot in your direction. Now this was all on a post called "bob dixons big !*!*!*!*" in random chat, I really doubt that anyone with a carb icing question could have stumbled across that one? The moderator jokes were not directed at moderators rather the absurd process where they have to waste their time putting !!!!!!! in place and questioning whether acumen and cumquat are offensive to adults? If anything is was a show of sympathy!? Grunters avatar features a man trying to -ahem cough- then his "number 2" explodes :D even. I suspect some reactionary elements have the moderators ear, and have their own idea about what a club should and should not be. will we ever know who they are? I doubt it..and whilst we are out in the open someone/somepeople are souring the air behind closed doors...and for a change its not Didge. no threads were invaded, no one was insulted and it was in random chat? sorry but wtf is the problem? (as grown ups we all know what wtf means) I received a perfectly grown up pm from grunter and I appreciate his situation but its like this.. 3 people complain to a moderator, 300 people do not? thus this system favours the minority of little england soapboxs? I have had countless pm's from people, all really heartfelt -I was welling up!- all saying "dont go" "I dont always get it but it makes me smile" etc etc -thanks again folks it was much appreciated. So the point is that whilst a few of the angry mob are verbal and spend a lot of time moaning at le marsu and grunter there is a greater number of people just getting along with things/ me casa su casa/ live and let live eh? next time you want to send yet -yawn- another angry pm to a moderator spare a thought for the 300.000 washed to a watery grave on boxing day, middle east peace colapse (again) Genocide in the Sudan etc etc....there really are more important things than "ban this sick filth!!!! its bob, craig and yerbs blatantly using the c word" For those of you who missed yesterdays show it was brought to you by the c word "!*!*!*!*" not "!*!*!*!*"....which would be rude!
Alex
anyway, onto more pressing matters....that Ainsley Harriet eh? for someone with a girls name he has a really big chopper..

CraigMac
03-03-2005, 10:02 AM
Alex,
Im blushing!!
Grunter, I understand your position here, this club/site is your baby and I appreciate the work and energy it must have taken to start and maintain this site.
I have not set out to offend anyone and I honestly dont believe that I have.
A club is made up of lots of different characters and all have different ways of contributing to that club.
Some are very serious, some mildly serious, some enjoy the occasional titter and some enjoy the big "bellie" laughs.
If the club was jam packed with the serious ones, then it would be very boring indeed, but on the same lines, if it was full of jokers, then it would just become chaotic.
The laughs and the jokes have been posted only in random chat, no threads have been hijacked and no one has been picked on (apart from the usual suspects.....us)
You have a group of slightly naughty boys here, who are having a laugh at the back of the class, but they are not disturbing the lessons and I suspect that you have another group of very good boys and girls passing notes to each other, under the desk until it gets to the teacher.
But then you have the group in the middle, who work hard but also enjoy the odd smile here and there.
When it gets out of hand, yes you should say something, but you can also tell the good boys and girls to stop telling tales.
Thanks.Craig.
PS The naughty lads know who they are, (Dean was just easily led, dont punish him)
(That took ages to write).......

nik_the_brief
03-03-2005, 10:16 AM
Berto, Ive just had the same very, polite PM.
"Behave or leave its up to you ?/ not happy with your posts or your mates grunt"
Can anyone explain this.
Anyone else had a nice, polite, eloquently crafted PM?
Regards.

Replace the word "Behave" with "conform" and I have an identical post mate.

There was me thinking I had attempted to pour oil on troubled waters last week. Speaking up on behalf of a friend asking for a fair chance and generally attempting to deal with the matter like the adult I pretend to be.

Getting to the stage where I'm so irritated by the petty attitude that I may well opt for the easiest option and 'do an Albie' myself which would be a shame coz I like some of you here - even Bertie and Yerbs!

SAMMYE
03-03-2005, 10:18 AM
As the great man said you cant argue with popularity - Robbie Williams ;)

Like it or not you are obviously p*ssing enough people off to warrant a ticking off, At the end of the day coming into a forum is like going into someone's house, you abide by the owners rules and if you dont like it you leave or get kicked out!?

Its not good for the Club as a whole to have grievances aired publically! Yerbury has a unique sense of humour and is a valuable member of the forum as are some of the others but it seems people have been mimicking his Sarcasm / Style which has led to misinterpretation. Isnt one Yerbury enough!?? Im sure if there were a few more "divvies" like me I would be booted off sooner or later!
Recently the "rogue elements" ;) seem to have gone into overdrive and seem to react aggresively when they receive sarcasm back themselves or are asked to tone down. Some peoples humour can be misinterpreted and obviously some of yours is / has been! it seems to not only annoy members but also seems to put new members off.
So come on guys cant you tone it down a little bit and just accept that the powers that be make the decisions and thats life!?

nik_the_brief
03-03-2005, 10:43 AM
The problem is, hand on heart, I honestly don't know what I've done wrong, or differently to what I've been posting for the last year and a half or so, to warrant this.

I did ask for an explanation but was told that 'if I didn't know I have a problem'. Fair point - I don't know so I do have a problem.

The problem is that I'm still trying to work out exactly what offence I'm supposed to have caused. I have been far less profane than I am in real life, I don't 'hi-jack' threads and always try to keep on topic. I'm certainly not aggressive or abusive to other people who post. I've not been racist or sexist. Simply can't understand in what way I'm not 'conforming'.

JMo
03-03-2005, 10:56 AM
Jeeeeeeeeeeeeeeez...

You guys really don't get it do you? You think you're a bunch of lads larking about at the back of the classroom eh? - well eventually that behaviour will get you expelled - simple.

You've had your warnings, and yet you still persist in dragging this issue up time and time again...

As Sammye has said above - stop airing these petty greivances in public - you are posting on a public forum on the world wide web, are not just chatting to your mates in a pub - anyone can read this, and it does not reflect well on the club. If you can't see that then you are indeed a buch of selfish tossers.

This is not a comedy site - join another forum if all you want to do is tell jokes and take the p i s s out of each other. Some of us like to use Random Chat to talk about things not directly related to Monsters - and we have even opened a humour section for those who like the more inane - if you cannot contain it there, then I have to agree with Grant.

Now all of you, just leave it - otherwise I'll have to say it was nice not knowing you.

JennyMo

xxx

SAMMYE
03-03-2005, 11:04 AM
The problem is, hand on heart, I honestly don't know what I've done wrong, or differently to what I've been posting for the last year and a half or so, to warrant this.

I did ask for an explanation but was told that 'if I didn't know I have a problem'. Fair point - I don't know so I do have a problem.

The problem is that I'm still trying to work out exactly what offence I'm supposed to have caused. I have been far less profane than I am in real life, I don't 'hi-jack' threads and always try to keep on topic. I'm certainly not aggressive or abusive to other people who post. I've not been racist or sexist. Simply can't understand in what way I'm not 'conforming'.

To be honest I doubt it has much to do with you at all, More a grouping together of disgruntled members who seemed to not want to let things lie. I mean take for instance the amount of "funny" posts, they have gone up massively since the problems started and one could concur that it has been to deliberately to annoy others / prove a point.

nik_the_brief
03-03-2005, 11:05 AM
But I'm not airing any grievances. I've not posted any adverse comments about last week since they first came up. I had my say and left it at that - isn't that what forums are all about?

The only person here who appears to have attempted to open the can of worms is Grunter who appears to have decided that the best way to calm things down is to send an obnoxious, curt and uninformative PM to those deemed to be failing to comply - I'm not sure exactly with what.

I'm still at a loss as to exactly which rule I have broken. All I've asked for is an explanation so I can address the problem.

JMo
03-03-2005, 11:35 AM
Nik - it is not Grant who opened a 'can of worms' (he contacted individual members by PM) - it was Berto who chose to air his grievance here, on the public forum.

And now you are only adding fuel to the fire.

If you require an explaination, contact Grant by PM - do not continue this petty bickering on the public forum, otherwise I fear you too may become a casulty... by association.

JennyMo

xxx

A Yerbury
03-03-2005, 11:47 AM
Jen, Sam If you dont like it dont read it, it really is a simple as that? its not offensive (if someone could highlight the offending articles I will happily re consider?)the previous nonsense seemed to be concerning hijacks and slander......I will highlight this and I'm sorry if that seems patronising but I really am at a loss here.. its not a hijack, its in random chat, no one is being insulted and some of it is very very funny. Its four or five people talking nonsense? its what people do!? if you havent noticed it is snowing outside so there is not a lot of riding or tweaking going on?
Jen the kids at the back get a good caning before they get expelled.
AY.

Julie
03-03-2005, 11:50 AM
If you lot want to babble together then can we ask you put it in ''Humour/Jokes etc...'' Maybe that would be the compromise?

A Yerbury
03-03-2005, 11:57 AM
To be honest I doubt it has much to do with you at all, More a grouping together of disgruntled members who seemed to not want to let things lie. I mean take for instance the amount of "funny" posts, they have gone up massively since the problems started and one could concur that it has been to deliberately to annoy others / prove a point.

sam we are not grouping together to form a grievance? -believe it or not am not that small minded!- we are grouping together because we make each other laugh? a lot! you are more than welcome to join in...the only rule here is that it is not offensive, is not a hijack and it must be amusing bon chance!....its just word play and if it is deemed too offensive I'll simply only post technical stuff here and happily look to other web sites for humour and wit. Its no great loss is it? :rolleyes: Now go and read my bob dixons in no big !*!*!*!* shocker post and If you dont get it?! then asta la vista sista....

A Yerbury
03-03-2005, 11:58 AM
If you lot want to babble together then can we ask you put it in ''Humour/Jokes etc...'' Maybe that would be the compromise?

voice of sanity there, you have a very good point.TBH I had forgotten about it and used random instead.... :rolleyes: so much for being a clever pants...
AY.

dean
03-03-2005, 12:02 PM
set up a new section called non bike chat?, set up some ground rules (i.e no swearing, abuse etc) but apart from that we (by we, i mean anyone!) can say what they(we!) want.

Surely the moderators/administrators of this site recognise the strenght of feeling here surrounding these posts. We are all members of this club, why not accept and embrace the diversity of the members instead of pillorying them?

by creating a separate section people can just have a laugh, which incidentally if you read a lot of these posts (baron knights Vs grumbleweeds etc) is mainly at our own expense.

More importantly, by doing this you A) dont jeapordise the number of members active in the club (surely a good thing?) and B) draw a line underneath the daily bickering going on.

I am sure all would welcome this,no?

it took me so long to write somebody else might have suggested it more succinctly than me, so apologies.

CraigMac
03-03-2005, 12:05 PM
Well said that man!!
Now clear you PM box...
Regards
Craig.

SteveSki
03-03-2005, 12:06 PM
Hey hey hey........
Just like to throw in my thoughts cause I never was a good boy.......

Fair enough, some people may have said somethings that pi$$ others off........I for one can't stand it when I get the odd dig about coming from Essex but hey, like thats ever going to stop.
If you got a view and can handle what you dish out, so be it..........if you can't don't play.

I for one never undertsand a word AlexY types.........but when I had a problem with trying to get the monnie to start, he jumped in and gave me some advice and now i'm back on the road. I'm not going to pretend I know whats going on but from an outsiders point of view, if I had a pm that short and sweet a) i'd be really livid and b) i'd like a little more of an explination as Nik is asking for.......

Opinions are opinions and you're never gonna stop that........Yes there is always a time and a place and if you go that little too far with someone, appologise and move on.....but come on peeps, maybe get the time and place right and lets have the forum I first joined back.......

A Yerbury
03-03-2005, 12:11 PM
wahey I'm glad you got it started steve! ( honestly tho I have no idea what I mean either...most of the time)

nik_the_brief
03-03-2005, 12:17 PM
Nik - it is not Grant who opened a 'can of worms' (he contacted individual members by PM) - it was Berto who chose to air his grievance here, on the public forum.

And now you are only adding fuel to the fire.

If you require an explaination, contact Grant by PM - do not continue this petty bickering on the public forum, otherwise I fear you too may become a casulty... by association.

JennyMo

xxx

If you re-read my post you'll see that I did ask Grunter by PM but he just told me that if I didn't know I have a problem!!

What sort of reaction did he expect sending PM's like that anyway? Not exactly a diplomatic course of action was it now?

I think I'm quite justified in my request for an explanation of my alleged 'failure to conform' and am at a continued loss about the whole issue as I am still awaiting a formal response.

If these PM's had not been sent, and had they not been so curt and discourteous I (and presumably most of the other recipients) would not be as fecking livid about the whole pettiness of it all. This, and a couple of other threads, would not have been started and we'd all be comparatively blissfully ignorant. All I'm saying is that this has all been dealt with very poorly indeed and this thread is very much an indication of that fact.

As for publishing the PM, I always thought the recipient has the option to make it public. I know for a fact that I would never say something in a PM to anybody that I would object to being made public. Don't think the same holds for all on here though sadly. Are you suggesting that it's alright for members/moderators/adminstrators to use the PM system to send unsolicited demands, threats or abuse yet still expect to hide behind the veil of 'privacy' of the PM system? I can't agree with that viewpoint at all.

A Yerbury
03-03-2005, 12:29 PM
nick be more "brief" and less "brief"!... so own up folks who is having a good old whinge to the moderators then? I have received many lovely pms from people but none stating directly "alex you have offended me because of A B C D" hypocrites are one thing but sly types like that? ... duncan and kev have the manners and balls to have a pop in the open. Who are you oh silent moral majority/minority?!?

CraigMac
03-03-2005, 12:37 PM
And why not, just be honest, tell it like it is, play your best hand, put your cards on the table, be a man,...........
Alex,
great film that minority report.
Has anyone seen any other good films recently...........
Regards
Craig.

You also mentioned "Hypocritees" has this got anything to do with Bobs
"Healer, heal thy self" quote.
Are you a real doctor?

nik_the_brief
03-03-2005, 12:40 PM
nick be more "brief" and less "brief"!...

Point taken Yerbs!

Okay then, who's been bitching about me too?

A Yerbury
03-03-2005, 12:52 PM
it was a good film but not as good as "minority rapport" Directed by Kingdom louis brunel, when some small minded individuals brought about the end of civilisation via Iago esque shennanigans and a good dose of little england girly whinging... The origional quote is "physcian heal tyself" I am a doctor and hypocrite(es) is a french noun for a "plural feminine collection of twats" as doctor I have dealt with a fair few....now, wheres the gin? I feel a bout of self healing coming on...

LeMarsu
03-03-2005, 01:06 PM
I have closed this tread...

things are getting out of hand AGAIN.....

Just let it drop and evaporate into thin air!

LeMarsu